has anyone heard of maplestory?

Posted by Naoko

i am sorry if this thread already exsists (i looked for it), but my love for this game cannot be concealed! if you love this game please post, and if you hate it...be nice about your opinion, please

Posted by Ant

no I've never heard of it. What makes it so good exactly?

Posted by Cruxis

[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=White]I love Maplestory, been playing it for since last Fall. It's the greatest Free MMORPG Side-Scroller ever!!!!!...wait!?...it's the only Free* MMORPG Side-Scroller ever. ...Still, it's Great!:D (crowded screens somtime though).[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Dexter

I LOVE IT 2! I wanted to marry Iris.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

:(

Posted by Dexter

You weren't on during those days, my Angel.

I'd marry you in real lives time! :love:

Posted by Lord of Spam

Its great, if you love holding down ctrl for hours on end so that you can get **** loads of money so that you can buy nice gear so that you get begged by idiot 5 year olds for money anytime you set foot in town. Also, its great if you are a total retard and cant grasp anything more complicated than "hit that until it dies".

Total waste of time.

Posted by Iris

I prefer World of Warcraft. Holding down shift is superior to that ctrl nonsense.

Posted by Corrupt

No, of course not. Never heard about it in my life.

Posted by Naoko

maplesory is still awesome, aside from the ctrl button, but when you reach a high lvl it's worth it. lvl 1oo clerics friggin rock! i haven't played warcraft, my sister is more into that. i have seen her play, and i don't care if peple think that maplestory is a waste of time, it's free unlike warfcraft. who can pass up a free offer on such a fun game?

Posted by Crazy K

I heard of it a long time ago, just never cared to play it.

Posted by Poco

it's a korean mmo

that enough should tell you it is garbage.

Posted by Linkman

Silence, troll.

It's fine, for something that costs nothing, and requires little computer requirements. But, if you have no one play it with, then it can get very boring, very fast. I suppose that would be the case with any MMO though, even the SUPER UBER WoW! Nah, not possible.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Iris: I prefer World of Warcraft. Holding down shift is superior to that ctrl nonsense.

the issue isnt with the number of buttons used per se, but rather just the complexity (or lack thereof with MS) of the overall game mechanics. For the record, the following keys are all bound to some spell or function (/epeen):
wasd (obviously), q, e, r, t, f, k, z, x, c, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0, o, b.

Unless MS has changed DRASTICALLY in playstyle since I played, higher level combnat consists of little more than mashing your attack button while chugging pots. There is no system of aggro control or tanking, so semblance of strategy other than "hit the mob and dont die". Theres no real pvp to speak of, and leveling requires insane amounts of time and grinding to get anywhere. Not to mention that since its free, the vast majority of peopel that play it are people that are only playing it because they have no credit card access for a real game. What you end up with is a world full of morons yelling "CNA I HAV SUM MEZOS PLS?" and then yelling at you for 20 minutes when you say no.

So yeah, how could I ever think that th game sucks?

Posted by Iris

I think it's pretty good considering it's free and has low system requirements. Though the gameplay is pretty much just pressing a few different buttons constantly, it's nothing less than I'd expect under the circumstances.

Also, MS keys almost all have functions too. Lots of default ones and extra ones you can assign.

Though MS is inferior in terms of graphics and gameplay, it's at least free and simple.

Posted by Creedence

I seen adds for this in the Game Informer, it looks halfway decent. Even though its a sidescroller it reminds me of Well of Souls for some reason.

Posted by Roxas23857

I love Maplestory...but it stopped working....*tear*

Posted by Blood-Katana

Quoting Poco: it's a korean mmo

that enough should tell you it is garbage.

not all korean mmorpgs are bad but maple story meh

Posted by Naoko

liar! maplestory rocks! anyone who disagrees...can suk... on... a turd! hehe childish comeback

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Naoko: liar! maplestory rocks! anyone who disagrees...can suk... on... a turd! hehe childish comeback

[quote=me]Not to mention that since its free, the vast majority of peopel that play it are people that are only playing it because they have no credit card access for a real game. What you end up with is a world full of morons yelling "CNA I HAV SUM MEZOS PLS?" and then yelling at you for 20 minutes when you say no.

Posted by temari

okay:

1. only the beggers are the losers and their noobs for not getting it themselves.

2. why would i waste my money paying for a game? people that pay for the online games can do whatever they please with their money, but calling us the rest of us who don't, is just arrogent. believe it or not, some people like to SAVE their money for future needs, like college, morgage payments or when an awesome game comes out.

3. all those people with nx cash have real money dumbarse.

Posted by Xenos

Perhaps games you pay for are of better quality?

Posted by temari

perhaps, but maplestory isn't all that bad. it is free, not much can beat that, besides grafics, but ms is supposed to look like that. and if the creators wanted, they could make it better, but it is fine the way it is. I LOVE SIDE SCROLLIN'!

Posted by Xenos

I never said it wasn't suppose to, nor did I ever say there was anything wrong with a free MMORPG, however, my point was some people would like to pay more for quality. Whether it is in more updates or "state of the art" graphics.

Posted by temari

yes i know you never said that, i jusst felt compelled to state that maplestory's graphics are supposed to suck (as puberty kicks in so does the stupidy, reffering to myself), and people who prefer "state of the art" graphics are entitled to their opinions.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I liked MapleStory, but it did become old fast. A majority of my time playing the game was spent on farming to get better equipment. Plus, I was an Archer, so I had to keep buying more arrows, or kill stupid tree trunks to make arrows, both methods that really sucked doing. 4 months of that and I had had enough.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting temari: okay:

1. only the beggers are the losers and their noobs for not getting it themselves.

2. why would i waste my money paying for a game? people that pay for the online games can do whatever they please with their money, but calling us the rest of us who don't, is just arrogent. believe it or not, some people like to SAVE their money for future needs, like college, morgage payments or when an awesome game comes out.

3. all those people with nx cash have real money dumbarse.

1) playing ms at all is 100% noob

2) i spend the equivalent of fifty cents a day on WoW. If you're really so ****ing poor thaat fifty cents a day is a noticable difference, then you need to work on getting a betterjob/education and stop playing video games.

3)no, they HAD real money before they ****ed it away on omg totally making their avatar super kyooooooot=^.^=

Posted by WillisGreeny

You don't understand Lord. MS is all about the Avatar!!! you have to pimp it out! Get some rims on those goggles, and a LCD screen cowboy hat retractable, and then your all set to get envied!

Posted by TagginDragin

The way to get rid of those stupid beggars is easy. SUMMONING BAGS.
Either that or get a mob of monsters to follow you and pass up the stoopid noob.
:D

I play a lot of MMORPGs
and like most of them
Maplestory is currently my preferred choice.
I used to play WoW, but I couldn't afford it :[

Both are extremely fun in my opinion

Posted by UncleYaris

[COLOR="Red"]i tried maplestory, and i hated it

so i played gunbound instead =D[/COLOR]

Posted by TagginDragin

Oh wow
It's been a LONGG time since I played gunbound
heckkka fun game tho

My comp crashed last year after my dad deleted all my anti-virus stuff
and within a week everything crashed and once I finally fixed it I never got around to downloading all of the games I used to have.

:[.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting WillisGreeny: You don't understand Lord. MS is all about the Avatar!!! you have to pimp it out! Get some rims on those goggles, and a LCD screen cowboy hat retractable, and then your all set to get envied!

You clearly have no concept of the addiction that is lewt whoring in WoW. There are people (a friend of mine, notably) who spend HOURS farming things to get one item with a .05% drop rate. Furthermore, there was a girl who literally offered to have sex with someone who was willing to give her a certain amount of gold.

the transaction successfully took place. Ms cannot top WoW.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Lord of Spam: a girl who literally offered to have sex with someone who was willing to give her a certain amount of gold.

the transaction successfully took place.

an image of two fat people doing the nasty just came to mind...

Posted by TagginDragin

ROFLMAO Willis. xD

Posted by Lord of Spam

She was a pretty big hambeast, not sure what the guy looked like.

Funny part is that I heard that the DA in her area was considering charging her with prostitution, since technically she had sex in exchange for goods/services.