Call of Duty 4: Not world war 2?

Posted by Drewboy64

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_duty_4

Apparently COD is finally breaking free from World War II. It'll be officially announced this saturday on ESPN.

Posted by Creedence

Modern Warfare? Thats gay. Make a CoD about Vietnam. There's not enough FPS games about Vietnam, and few of those are good ones.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, let's play a game where the main characters lose! FUN STUFF! And there's a bunch of vietnam games.

Anywho, after the disaster of CoD3 I really don't care what they do with the series. If Infinity Ward isn't working on it there's no point in looking forward to it.

Posted by Creedence

There arent a 4th as many console games about Vietnam as about WW2.

And just because we lost doesn't make it not fun to play. Some of my all time favorite games are about Vietnam, which is why I'd like to see more. Especialy if they went on coop mode. Like Conflict Vietnam, that game was hard as hell but it kicked ***.

Posted by inequity

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:

Anywho, after the disaster of CoD3

What didn't you like about Call of Duty 3? I thought it was great online and off.

Quoted post: There arent a 4th as many console games about Vietnam as about WW2.

Okay... but there's still more than enough of them.

Quoted post: What didn't you like about Call of Duty 3? I thought it was great online and off.

Offline? Are you kidding me? The single-player was terrible. The missions and level structures were far worse than what CoD1 and CoD2 gave us. You were always led down a pretty linear path in all of the games, but they at least gave you a sense of epicness and more importantly, openness. CoD3 was almost claustrophobic in design and variance. Oh, and play Veteran if you want to see some ridiculous stuff.

As for online, well, it just sucks. The maps are downright awful and have nowhere near the amount of character or charm the older games had. Though CoD3 map have vehicles, it lacks the basics of past CoD games, like other countries, the sense of teamwork, and the guns from other nations. It's just Germans and Americans every single time always using the same set of guns. Hell, CoD2 gave you four Nations each with their own guns and maps. Plus, the guns themselves in CoD3 are garbage. Kar? Useless. Snipers? Useless. M1? Useless. The BAR is crazy unbalanced (or was) and not even the MP44 could match it.

Oh, and the lobby system is ****.

Posted by muffla

this new modern warfare cod could be good, i loved it with battlefield, maybe activision will have the same luck as Dice

Posted by Dexter

I'm looking forward to CoD4. I'm glad they're going modern. I wouldn't look forward to it as much otherwise.

Another problem with Call of Duty 3 is that there are far too many players out there for me. I like the size of players in CoD2 much better. It's enough where I can actually pay attention to them and remember names, and seek revenge!

Quoted post: Another problem with Call of Duty 3 is that there are far too many players out there for me. I like the size of players in CoD2 much better. It's enough where I can actually pay attention to them and remember names, and seek revenge!

You mean the amount of players in general, or in one match? Because personally, I don't like how many players can be in one lobby. Way too many people and pretty much takes away any sense of coordination.

Posted by Degeneration

With a franchise as renowned as CoD moving on, there's a chance that others will follow suit.

At last, the dead horse that is the WWII shooter may get to rest in peace. Cross your fingers!

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, let's play a game where the main characters lose! FUN STUFF! And there's a bunch of vietnam games.

Anywho, after the disaster of CoD3 I really don't care what they do with the series. If Infinity Ward isn't working on it there's no point in looking forward to it.

Don't worry, Infiniteward is working on it.

[URL="charlieoscardelta.com"]www.Charlieoscardelta.com[/URL]

Trailer is at the above link, and also at kotaku.com

Quoted post: Don't worry, Infiniteward is working on it.

And thus, it's one of my most anticipated games.

Posted by Axis

Graphics looks pretty good, I can't wait to play it.

Posted by veritas

Id much rather play a ww2 or an older war game. Newer war games like Ghost Recon are gay.

Yeah, except this is still the CoD universe. Chances are "tactics" won't be involved. It'll most likely be super cinematic and heavily scripted with run and gun gameplay like past CoD games.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Anywho, after the disaster of CoD3 I really don't care what they do with the series. If Infinity Ward isn't working on it there's no point in looking forward to it.

They are, so it's going to be good. CoD3 was a freaking huge mess. Infinity Ward should be the only one who should make CoD games.