Linkman needs some new Anti-Virus software

Posted by Linkman

Free please.

Any suggestions? My old one is messed up, and I can't figure out what's wrong with it, so I'm just going to get a new one.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I use Avast! and Zonealarm. Both free, of course.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Avast! of course. Hell, it's what I'm obligated to put on every computer that I work on if they lack any sort of anti-virus software. It's love if only for boot scan.

Posted by Linkman

Ha! Like 15 minutes after making this thread, I remembered about an Anti-Virus program I had a few years ago on another computer that I learned about on Call For Help (R.I.P Tech TV :() called AVG, so I got that. BUT, this Avast thing seems pretty popular, so I might look into that.

Vamp, work on computers? That's so far from grim. I'm ashamed. :(

Posted by Stalolin

avast! > AVG

Make it happen Linkman.

and vamp works on computers for a living lol

Quoted post: Vamp, work on computers? That's so far from grim. I'm ashamed.

Good money, easy work. WIN WIN

Posted by fates warning

I have NOD32. I guess it works, I dont have any viruses.

Posted by netman

I came here to suggest AVG, however apparentlly avast! is > AVG. so perhaps you should go with AVAST! mr storm.

Quoted post: I have NOD32. I guess it works, I dont have any viruses.

By far the best program out there, but it's not free.

Posted by Linkman

Avast! got.

It's so much better. Scans on boot, which is so much more efficient.

Posted by Trigger

AVG blows.

Avast! FTW!

Posted by Raptor

I use McAfee SecurityCenter, and I distribute burned copies of it illegally. Best anti-virus app I've ever used.

Posted by Trigger

Not as good as company provided anti-virus. *heart*

Posted by fates warning

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: By far the best program out there, but it's not free.

16,715,427 days left in my trial =)

cracked? if that's the case, get NOD if you want to go through the trouble. Though Avast is more than fine. NOD is for the paranoid or overly stupid.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Raptor: I use McAfee SecurityCenter, and I distribute burned copies of it illegally. Best anti-virus app I've ever used.

That's what I use for my antivirus. It comes free with Comcast, and Verizon w/ MSN.

I will look into this Avast though, as my one friend is on the lookout for a good free antivirus. AVG is just a resource hog... I had to take it off of my friend's computer because it was making it really bog down bad.

Posted by Trigger

The funny part is where they boasted about how long their "trial" has left. Oh, look, you used a crack on an Anti-virus program - just like almost everyone else! :cookie: