Songs you that purify your mind.

Posted by Xenos

When you are wasted, well ... you can take that literally if you want, what songs do your listen to?

I use to love Three Galloping Dogs by Silver Mount Zion until I lost it recently - I've found a lot of comfort in AIR's Moon Safari songs and the newer contributions of Samuel Jackson Five.

Posted by Omni

Almost any song by Queen will put me in a good mood no matter what, because Freddie just has that special magic and their songs tend to be optimistic and fun. The Beatles also have a lot of feel good music. Muse tends to make me want to get up and do stuff.

Also, I've found post-rock and some black metal to be very relaxing.

Posted by Raptor

After a long, hard day's grind, I enjoy chilling out to a few hypnotizing psytrance anthems and some soothing ambient techno, along with the usual dose of eurotrance. I've also gotten into more Gothic music over the years, both rock and electronic material, and find it to be more uplifting than anything.

Posted by Slade

For when I really want to relax, Gas' electronic ambient goodness is the best. Otherwise, mellow post-rock or ambient black metal will do.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Most compositions by Jeremy Soule, certain tracks from CC (Yasunori Mitsuda), and Nightwish's Ghost Love Score, to name a few.

Posted by Fate

Yo-Yo Ma did some freakin' fabulous work on his latest, "Appassionato". He plays the cello, by the way.

I listen to a set of songs from albums called "Piano Concerto - Klavierkonzert" and "Requiem". It's a bunch of songs from Beethoven and Mozart.
<3

Oh, right! I listen to the epic battle music of Shadow of the Colossus coupled with the more soothing songs from the soundtrack for a good smooth mix.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ambient seems to do it for me. Anything ranging from dark ambient, black/ambient, drone, noise and so on. Also, bands that give off an aquatic sound, or wintery/dark forest vibe, or predominately feature an acoustic guitar. Byla and Vinterriket are good examples of the above.

Beyond that, depending on various things, funeral doom and suicidal/depressive black metal does the trick.

Posted by Xenos

Speaking of ambient, did you download Moon Safari yet? Or have you listened to it before?

Posted by Omni

Hey, I just noticed the title of this thread has a mistake in it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Speaking of ambient, did you download Moon Safari yet? Or have you listened to it before?

Haven't downloaded it yet, since I'm waiting for my new hard drive. But I definitely will once I get it. I need more ambient music.