Should Alec Baldwin lose custody?

Posted by Noir

I heard the tape of Alec Baldwin yelling at his daughter, and personally, I dont think it was such a big problem as to what the media has inflated it to be (as usual). Now, mind you, I definately wouldn't call my daughter a 'pig', or say some of the things he did, but...honestly. He was probably just drunk and tired, both from whatever he was doing and from whatever had been happening between him and his ex-wife (trust me, I have first hand knowledge of a situation eerily similar to this one).
So? Guilty, or not?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wait, what? Never even heard of this.

Though, parents yell at their kids all the time, and a lot say way worse than "pig."

Posted by Roger Smith

Hey, at least he hasn't molested her yet:cookie:

Posted by Bebop

Never heard of this.

Also, how exactly is the media making it sound more than it is?

Posted by Roger Smith

Because parents yell at kids all the time and celebs are no different. The media made it sound worse then it was because he is in fact, a celeb.

Posted by Bebop

How did they make it sound worse?

If there's a chance of him losing custody, then they've made it into a bigger deal than it should be.

Posted by Bebop

Proof. Considering most people always play the "lol blame the media card" I demand to see articles and examples of the media doing this.

Also, Alex Baldwin should lose his kids purely on the basis of being Alex Baldwin.

idk, this is the first I've ever heard of it. But ten bucks says this would have never been the case if it wasn't in the media. Proof? Uh, every other family in the world I guess...

Posted by Bebop

Proof about the media "lol making things up" or whatever. Not proof parents yell at their kids dur dur duuhhh.

Posted by Dexter

I heard the recording. Kim's cool, but manipulative, and Alec needs to learn how to keep his cool and play the game. Give the kid to Alec, although the child itself, since she's been with her mother lately, is probably brainwashed and doesn't want to be with Alec. He shouldn't lose complete custody.

Posted by veritas

I wonder what she did for him to say that.....dam

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Bebop;571440]How did they make it sound worse?

By including a word such as "abuse" anywhere within said article. The media is possibly the greatest group of dicks on the planet.

People tend to focus more on the bad, than the good. Because typically, most news today IS of the bad. We're just prone to the ****.. and we crave the dirt.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Bebop: Also, Alex Baldwin should lose his kids purely on the basis of being Alex Baldwin.

Who the hell is Alex Baldwin? If you don't even know his name, how can you have an opinion on this? The media makes a big deal out of every facet of a celebrity's life, the good and the bad. It's a fact.

Posted by veritas

How dont you know who Alec Baldwin is, hes the greatest actor in the world.

Posted by Raptor

If Alec Baldwin is guilty of anything, it's not even being able to resist his own Schwetty balls.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: Who the hell is Alex Baldwin?

Quoting The Sniper: How dont you know who Alec Baldwin is, hes the greatest actor in the world.

He said Alex.

Posted by veritas

Well the C is right beside the X so he might of meant alec.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Alec Baldwin is possibly, the closest thing Hollyweird has to an actual god.

Posted by veritas

Well, there is David Hasselhoff. I think hes pretty high. Maybe even Britney Spears.

Posted by Oforia

I think you should shut up and quit trying to be funny.

Posted by Random

The media is just retarded....

First off what he said wasn't all that bad. I mean it wasn't the nicest thing but it could have been a whole lot worse.

Secondly, usually when people get mad, they tend to say things they don't mean. Example, a long while ago I dated a girl and when she said something that ****ed me off I called her a **** which she didn't like too much. We didn't break up but she was ****ed.. I'm sure the media would jump all over that if I was famous..

Who the F*** cares?? The media is retarded.. They could be covering how the people are in the Blue Angels crash or something significant other than hollywood bull****...

Oh and I like Alec Baldwin..

Posted by mis0

I was surprised that there was so much defense of his actions on liberal radio. I don't know about other peoples divorces, but my parents were always very nice to me before, during, and after their divorce. I never got a message of that nature from either one of them. I'm not really impressed with Alec.

On the other hand, who cares? This is clearly just a move by the mother to try and demonize Alec, but she's probably far worse than he is anyway. It's a pretty low way to go about winning a custody battle, to leak messages to the press.

Quoted post: Proof about the media "lol making things up" or whatever. Not proof parents yell at their kids dur dur duuhhh.

... that's not what I said at all. Wow. You asked "how is the media making it sound worse" and I simply said the fact that every family goes through this with little to no problems. They all get over it. Yet, this was leaked to the media, thus a huge deal, therefore he'll likely lose custody. Chances are this would never happen to anyone other than a celebrity who makes it onto the news.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Down The Sun: The media is possibly the greatest group of dicks on the planet.

Yeh the dicks! Making tv shows, reporting about genocide, saving lives ****ing dicks! I wish they would all **** off and go away. Man it really grinds my gears knowing TV, films and the internet are in existance. I wish they would keep their noses out of current events happening on MY planet. Why wont they leave us alone! When will they learn everyone would be so much happier not knowing anything about anything. I sure as well would have preferred not to know about 9/11 or the haolocaust or slavery or anything. Man they are such dicks!

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: Yeh the dicks! Making tv shows, reporting about genocide, saving lives ****ing dicks! I wish they would all **** off and go away. Man it really grinds my gears knowing TV, films and the internet are in existance. I wish they would keep their noses out of current events happening on MY planet. Why wont they leave us alone! When will they learn everyone would be so much happier not knowing anything about anything. I sure as well would have preferred not to know about 9/11 or the haolocaust or slavery or anything. Man they are such dicks!

You guys have the BBC which actually covers news. We have CNN which gives everything a liberal spin and Fox News which gives everything a conservative spin. And by spin, I mean from time to time these organizations (Fox moreso than CNN, in my opinion) almost completely ignore the news and report what they want to.

So in the Baldwin case? They're both going to use him as an example to push their own agendas forward. Radio talk show hosts are most guilty of this, because they play the tape and then give their commentary saying "oh who cares it's family business" or "THIS MAN HAS NO VALUES HE SHOULD LOSE CUSTODY", etc.

Maybe you'd get it if your national news media sources were all corporate-sponsored and owned by huge conglomerates. You've probably never even seen media bias that comes close to what is permeated in American media.

Because we might be going down this road now: People who say there is only a "liberal bias" or "conservative bias" are stupid, for the record. Obviously they haven't looked at both liberal and conservative media sources. They're all biased.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Bebop;571655]Yeh the dicks! Making tv shows, reporting about genocide, saving lives ****ing dicks! I wish they would all **** off and go away. Man it really grinds my gears knowing TV, films and the internet are in existance. I wish they would keep their noses out of current events happening on MY planet. Why wont they leave us alone! When will they learn everyone would be so much happier not knowing anything about anything. I sure as well would have preferred not to know about 9/11 or the haolocaust or slavery or anything. Man they are such dicks!

Yeah, what she said B'. The BBC reports the news, without theirs heads up their asses. Our coverage on CNN, FOX, and MSNBC is all butchered together and edited to fit what the corporate heads deem necessary by governmental and personal "standards" (biasing). Do you actually believe we would get honest, factual reports in a place where Jack Thompson is allowed to spew his vagina about. Half the **** Bush has said during his little peace talks and informative speeches is complete bull****. My brother tells me everything, from the front line.

Posted by Bebop

Spolier: He was referring to all the media. He wasnt specific.

Also, I know all about spin in American news. Also BBC and British reporting, despite being better than American, is still flawed. I remember one time a reporter used the term "leg it to Spain" on a report about a British gangster fleeing the country.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Bebop: a British gangster

Wait, Britain has ganstas? The worst I thought you guys had were...drive by arguments.[spoiler]family guy reference etc etc[/spoiler]

Posted by Bebop

Lock Stock. Ever seen that?

Posted by fates warning

so he didnt even curse? what the **** is wrong with people.

Posted by Noir

Uh...yeah, he did curse. Alot. Did you not listen to the tape? I'll get the link later...
The conversation segment reminded me strangely of my own father, except MY dad would have been like...10,000 times worse. Perhaps that's why I don't think that it was such a big deal. I definately wouldnt call her a something little pig, though.

Posted by KoH

http://www.break.com/index/alec_baldwin_message_for_his_daughter.html

For those who haven't heard it.

Didn't sound like him in the first place, but if it is it makes sense. Alec Baldwin is known for having a terrible personality. I think Kim Basinger went on a media spree shortly after divorcing him telling everyone of his disfunctional personality.

Posted by Omni

I hadn't heard it yet. Uncalled for, and yet, not as bad as stuff I've heard other parents say, including my own.

Posted by Noir

No, I've been yelled at MUCH worse than that, but then again...mine were what many consider to be 'abusive'. That's why I fail to see such the big deal with this whole thing, perhaps, since people at the IMDB board were telling me what a screwed up person I was for semi-defending him.
I just make sure that I don't treat my children the way my parents treated me.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Fuck this thread. For that message alone, Baldwin deserves an Oscar.. of the gods.

If you don't flip-out on your kids and say something you'll regret for years to come and which eventually scars them for life, you aren't really a parent.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Apparently, Alec Baldwin is leaving the show '30 Rock'.. due to this voicemail incident.

Posted by Oforia

Listen imbeciles. It's not right for a father to call his daughter a pig over a situation like this. She didn't call him on her phone. Big deal. He obviously has an anger problem, but that doesn't change the fact that what he did was wrong. Don't justify his actions by saying, "Well, it could have been a lot worse." Sure any situation could, but if you decide to do anything over the line, then you would end up in the Appeals Court for Child Abuse. He shouldn't loose custody of his daughter. Obviously he still loves her; however, I would argue that he loves himself more.

It's obviously wrong to do, no ****. Thing is, every parent has done it once in their lives. They regret it, the kids probably forgot about it, get over it. Point being, this isn't a big deal.

Posted by Omni

The only reason it looks like a big deal is because the media is trying to make it into a big deal. Things like this happen all the time, it just only becomes a big deal when it's a celebrity.

Posted by Dexter

I think it's being made into a big deal because people didn't expect him to be like that or something. The media and people are both a little surprised by his behavior. idk why, since he's showed signs of aggressiveness and irritation before. Just watch him in some of those paparazzi videos. This is, really, only a small step beyond that. He was violent with stalking strangers and now he's verbally rough with his family. He's simply irritated, and plenty of people show that through aggressive behavior, even some of my own family members. I understood that at a young age.

This thread has made it to almost fifty replies... go figure. Big deal indeed!

Posted by Oforia

I think that saying that every parent has done this is way to blatant of a generalization. Sure, many have; however, saying that all have is definitely not true.

k, a lot, if not most have done this. Happy?

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: k, a lot, if not most have done this. Happy?

no
[IMG]http://msn.mess.be/data/thumbnails/52/hulk3.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting The Sniper: How dont you know who Alec Baldwin is, hes the greatest actor in the world.

What are you smoking? If anyone should be called "greatest actor", it's probably Gregory Peck or Humphrey Bogart. I could go on and on about it to, but this isn't the proper thread to do so.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Yelling at a child does not make a person a bad parent. But it might of been a better idea to do it in a more private situation.

it was private. They just made it public.

Posted by Speedfreak

I WILL GIVE ANYONE TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS IF THEY CAN GIVE ME A LEGITIMATE REASON TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANY CELEBRITY'S PERSONAL PROBLEMS.

Posted by Aesthetic

Because their problems influence the way you handle your own similar, non-celebrity problems, duh. Hand it over, bitch.

Posted by Ant

actually, they don't.

Posted by Aesthetic

Wait, you mean to tell me that all those people who follow every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every A- or B-list celebrities and make their decisions based on what their all-American acting idols do, that's not what I should do, too?

way to burst my bubble :(

Posted by Ant

It all depends on who you're addressing. :)

If you say, "they", as in, the masses. Then yes, I'd be more likely to believe you. But I personally pay no attention to all this crap. And frankly, find it annoying and moronic the amount of attention the media puts into this.

Posted by Aesthetic

Yeah, it especially gets irritating when practically all we sell at Kenyon's, magazine-wise, is crap like "In Touch" and "People" - I feel ashamed even knowing the names of them offhand. To top it off, nine times out of ten, when I get a customer who actually wastes $3.49 on one, they try to start a conversation with me: "Did you hear..." No, I didn't, nor do I want to. Kindly pay for your shit and leave :)

I hate having to be polite.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Aesthetic;577484][COLOR=lemonchiffon]Because their problems influence the way you handle your own similar, non-celebrity problems, duh. Hand it over, bi[/COLOR][COLOR=lemonchiffon]tch.[/COLOR]

YOU'RE RIGHT, I WILL CONSIDER HOW THIS IRRESPONSIBLE FAGGOT HANDLES THE PROBLEM OF HAVING A CHILD NEXT TIME I TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO BUY FOR DINNER.

Posted by Aesthetic

Exactly. See? Already using your thinker.

Posted by SomeCrazyGuy

(I saw a football player mercilessly attacking someone on live television... I think I now know how I'm getting that anime box set I've been wanting. Retirement home, here I come!)

As for the tape... It really wasn't that bad. My parents aren't at all verbally harsh, almost to a fault [Not to mention that I didn't usually do things that warranted harshness], but I could imagine them saying something like this. I'd probably be a bit rattled, sure, but really, after a couple minutes, I'd understand the situation, no matter the situation was that set this to occur (Neglecting to turn on the phone, unexpected problem arose, etc.)

Maybe that's just me, but really, it isn't that big of a deal. Easy enough to pick at, anyone could, but it doesn't warrant any penalties unless he is proven to be like this often or actually carries out threats, even after time (As in, an entire plane trip).