Has Miyamoto's time come?

Posted by Roger Smith

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25586973&sid=6169601&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;3

I personally think he has a good chance of getting the num. 1 spot.

Posted by Ant

He won't get number one, and he doesn't deserve it. But he should be up there somewhere, for sure.

Posted by Roger Smith

If Colbert gets the spot, I won't complain.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

... number one? Hahaha. Like Ant said, he doesn't "deserve" it. I don't think he should get anywhere in the top ten personally.

Posted by Roger Smith

Any suggestions?

Posted by Bebop

Shouldnt be number one but maybe Iwate should get a mention for DS and Wii.

Posted by TendoAddict

He sould be on the list, but sure as hell not #1.
Ive seen Colbert actally influence things though, Miyamoto was just more or less a figure in Nintendo when it was doing so good.

Yeah, I'd say he's influenced a lot of people and events throughout his career, so he should definitely place high if this was a "life time" kinda thing, but it's not. Really, how much of an influence has he been this past year? Not a whole lot compared to others.

Posted by Roger Smith

It'll be interesting to see who gets it.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;571603]Yeah, I'd say he's influenced a lot of people and events throughout his career, so he should definitely place high if this was a "life time" kinda thing, but it's not. Really, how much of an influence has he been this past year? Not a whole lot compared to others.

Miyamoto was one of the lead designers behind the Wii's controller, that hot new industry-changing console? I'd say he's done a lot.

I wouldn't call it an "industry-changer" quite yet, buddy.

Posted by Speedfreak

Fastest selling console ever, sold through to totally new audiences, has opened up new genres and bettered old ones.

Perhaps no console will be industry-changing to you until it's forced you to regard anything else as outdated crap and sing it's praises every day, but by pretty common standards the console has changed the industry.

We'll see in a couple more years whether or not it's bottom falls out. I wouldn't herald it as anything other than an early success quite yet.

Posted by Linko_16

**** Miyamoto, I should be up there.

I'll second it.

He got 92.

Posted by Ant

I expected him to be anywhere from 80-100. Good for him.

Posted by purplemushroom

I think that was a wonderful choice that those people made. It goes to show that the magazine is finally opening it's doors to the net and the choice was made very clear that although he was high on the list he may not get the top spot. This will be something for me to watch.

Posted by Omni

I wanted to vote, but I can't figure out how to actually do it, so **** that.