Why fire pokemon should go and cool it

Posted by Henro

No offense all you fire lovers but fire pokemon suck! I only have 2 Moltres and Ninetails o and a magamr but only because there worthy of being called fire Pokemon!!! =p

Posted by Twilight Chick

Fire pokemon rule. Water pokemon are awesome. But, dragon pokemon are the best.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Henro sucks. Fire pokemon are so leet.

Posted by Henro

I suppose everyone is aloud there own apinion so you suck as well dark bulb!!!

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

omfg o no u didn't >:O

ur uber gay

metal, do something >:O

Posted by Nizmo

I don't think he's visited this board for quite some time. LOL.

Fire pokemon are getting pretty crummy though. Their absolutely rubbish when you look at their card statistics. I can remember way back, when I had a deck, and the only fire pokemon card I had was a Rainbow Energy; and I'm not sure if that even qualifies. They need to be re-introduced a bit.

I liked Blaziken.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Henro: I suppose everyone is allowed their own opinion, so you rock Dark Bulb!!!

Fix'd.

Okay, in my opinion fire pokemon are the best. I just like them the best, and for some reason, despise water pokemon. Dragons are cool as well.

Posted by TheMooChicken

[url="http://www.serebii.net/potw/244.shtml"][size=1][b]Entei[/url]

One word answers are fun. The fighting chicken also rocks.
[/size][/b]

Posted by cool gamer dad

Sorry guys. There just isn't too many ***ly fire types out there (Note that when I say this, I mean pokemon that aren't broken). :( Magmar's alright, Ninetails can work, but man...There's so many fire pokemon that I just couldn't get to work well enough for battling my friends.

Dragons suck. Trust me.

Posted by dark_zero

fav. fire pkmn of all time:charizard
fav. pkmn of all time:tiranitar(not sure if spelled right)

Posted by Mystic Hero

Fire Pokemon are most indeed strong dpeending on how you use them and which ones you choose to use during battle. I always start out wiht a Fire type because they later in the game they become quite useful during matches. In Silver I had a Tyflosion, my favorite Fire type so far. He was quite strong; I was able to win quite a few matches against human players wiht a huge level disadvantage. My level is 81, their's were usually 90's to high 80's. He served me well as do all the other Fire types I have. I always keep one Fire Type in my party because you never know what another human will use on you next. There always has to be a balance in one's party, Fire types are usually good to have sinc ethey can knock out grass and bug Pokemon. Fire types have always served me well and to this day if anyone ever challenges me I'm bound to have at least one Fire Pokmeon with me.

Posted by Shade

I love fire types so much. They always turn out to be the best middel-late in the game. And for battles with other people, all I need are fire types and a couple of Dragonites. My perfect line-up.

Posted by Average n00b

Fire pokemon can be strong, like Entie, Ho-oh, Moltres, Blasiken, Typhlosion, Charazard, and more, but people do have their own oppinions, my fave is dragon, then fire, then water, then psychic.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

I can't believe my favorite Fire types were never even mentioned thus far in this thread... >.< Henro, your opinion of fire types has no basis other than your bias against them.

Arcanine is the clear king of the fire types, in my opinion, matched only by Entei, who's a legendary. Arcanine's attack score at 350 is nothing to sneer at, and its Special Attack score is only 22 points behind it. This gives it quite the strong offensive; even in the days of R/B/Y, moves like Fire Blast were easily bolstered by its high stats. In the G/S/C era, Arcanine was given access to more moves, such as Extremespeed and Iron Tail, as well as the ability to use Crunch via breeding. Iron Tail effectively removed its Rock weakness, and its high scores easily allowed it to take advantage of its variation of attack types. As a finisher, FR/LG blessed it with the Intimidate ability, rendering most Rock or Ground type attacks weaker than they normally would have been otherwise.

Houndoom is also a good example, with its Special Attack score tying with Arcanine's Attack and its Speed matching that of the aforementioned at 317. Its ability to get a STAB bonus with Crunch and Flamethrower was a bonus, but its lower Attack score (302) didn't allow it to take advantage of moves like Sludge Bomb or Shadowball. Nonetheless, it was a good Pok

Posted by MetalVox~55

[QUOTE=KuraiKitsune]I can't believe my favorite Fire types were never even mentioned thus far in this thread... >.< Henro, your opinion of fire types has no basis other than your bias against them.

Arcanine is the clear king of the fire types, in my opinion, matched only by Entei, who's a legendary. Arcanine's attack score at 350 is nothing to sneer at, and its Special Attack score is only 22 points behind it. This gives it quite the strong offensive; even in the days of R/B/Y, moves like Fire Blast were easily bolstered by its high stats. In the G/S/C era, Arcanine was given access to more moves, such as Extremespeed and Iron Tail, as well as the ability to use Crunch via breeding. Iron Tail effectively removed its Rock weakness, and its high scores easily allowed it to take advantage of its variation of attack types. As a finisher, FR/LG blessed it with the Intimidate ability, rendering most Rock or Ground type attacks weaker than they normally would have been otherwise.

Houndoom is also a good example, with its Special Attack score tying with Arcanine's Attack and its Speed matching that of the aforementioned at 317. Its ability to get a STAB bonus with Crunch and Flamethrower was a bonus, but its lower Attack score (302) didn't allow it to take advantage of moves like Sludge Bomb or Shadowball. Nonetheless, it was a good Pok