Pok

Posted by Ant

For all around chat revolving about these two games.

Well, I just picked up my copy of Diamond tonight, and I can already tell I'm starting to get addicted. I decided to go with a Piplup as my starting pokemon, and the my main reasoning behind that was it's sound wasn't all that annoying...and I always tend to start with the water pokemon. I caught 3 others so far, that being: Shinx, Bidoof, and starly.

Heh, and I was glad when the mom gave you running shoes, was worried you'd have to walk around un***ly slow the whole game.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's funny because it was sold-out in the ghetto store near me. Which I didn't expect. So I guess I'll have to wait a couple of weeks.

Posted by Zeta

Got an Empolion, Kadabra, Ponyta, Ghastly, Egg, and that retarded beaver thing.

Funny how you can get you starter fully evolved before you even get to the third gym.

Posted by Shade

I went with Chimchar because I've always gone with Fire types since Red version. I am a little ****ed off that he's another Fire/Fight type though.

I just beat the second gym and have a Monferno, a Luxio, and a Bidoof to use as an HM mule.

Posted by Zeta

Being an HM slave is the only thing that retarded beaver is good for.

Posted by Shade

Does it even have an evolution?

Posted by Zeta

Evolves into a fat retarded beaver.

Posted by Shade

Oh joy.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'm trying to get through the game without using my starter, so I can EV train it, etc.

Posted by Zeta

Just go through with it and breed another one with a good nature or whatever.

Can't wait to start breedin'. Mother****in' Pedometer is gonna make egg-hatching much less boring. And you could use the Counter to keep track of EVs. <3 the Poketch.

Posted by Shade

What the hell is EV.

effort value. it's a hidden stat that's always been in pokemon games I believe. You have to keep track of them yourself if you want to know what they are.

Posted by GameMiestro

I was hoping to get through this game fast, but man, it is long... I'd like to access the "Pal Pad" to see my friend code, but there is no instructions in the manual or in game giving any hint as how to do this. I'm sure I'll figure it out, but it's a little ridiculous...

You have to get it from the basement of a pokemon centre. Go to key items and register.

Posted by Shade

It is a lot longer than I expected. I've got 7 hours of play in and only 2 badges.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Zeta: Just go through with it and breed another one with a good nature or whatever.

I'd have to have a female starter. The male passes egg moves on and the female passes the species. I wasn't patient enough to keep restarting for a female starter. :(

[quote]effort value. it's a hidden stat that's always been in pokemon games I believe. You have to keep track of them yourself if you want to know what they are.
yep

Quoted post: It is a lot longer than I expected. I've got 7 hours of play in and only 2 badges.

It be 40 hours. Give or take.

Posted by Shade

Really? Great!

Busing to Boston tomorrow, got some time to kill.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Ok so I picked mine up the morning of release...don't ask me why I was at the store at opening, it wasn't for the game originally, but I ended up getting it anyway.

Ok so, I msut say this game looks to be the best Pokemon game up to date. They have really come a long way. Graphically it's wonderful for the next generation imo and the attack displays aren't bad either. I'm loving the orginization of your pack, it's about time they did this. I'm also a fan of the gear changing bike. For me it's pretty fantastic and I'm planning on this to be my best version. I'm plannign holding tourneys later on, but not until we all get decent pokemon otherwise it's no fun. So yeah, I'll be waiting for those friend codes. (Shade wtf give me yours already you're driving me insane.)

Posted by Shade

Kekekekekeke :cool:

How the hell do I open the stupid PokeTECH.

Posted by Ant

It's in your pal pad, which is a key item.

lol post it in the other thread.

Posted by Shade

Where do I obtain this 'Pal Pad'

Posted by Zeta

Pokemon Center basement, faggot.

Pretty ****ing hard to miss it. "OH HEY NONE OF THE OLD GAMES HAD POKE CENTERS WITH STAIRS LEADING DOWN I WONDER WHATS DOWN THERE"

Quoted post: You have to get it from the basement of a pokemon centre. Go to key items and register.

Seriously, learn to read, Shade. Wow.

Posted by Ant

So far, I've looked through the trade list on the wifi, and twice I almost got myself a turtwig or chimchar for some easily caught pokemon. And twice so far I've went out to catch them and to come back and not see that deal anymore. Either people notice the deal to quick and already have that pokemon with them, or the offer gets lost along with the million other offers available. And I notice there is enough spots for about 8 people to be shown per trade request, yet the most I ever see are three, what's up with that?

Posted by Ant

Holy crap, I just put up a stupid silcoon that I caught that was level 10, and in return I asked for a chimchar, I check back about 10 minutes later and I already got it! :D Those crazy Japanese... He was even nice enough to add on the best move it can get with a chimchar. What a guy.

Oh, and of course, I can now see more than 3 people at a time per trade, I just I was just getting weird trade numbers.

Let's see if I can get a turtwig out of a lvl 10 wurmple. :)

Posted by Ant

20 minutes later, blamo! Turtwig is mine :D

Posted by Ant

LOL QUAD POST!

I notice that all my traded pokemon have an exp boost. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Posted by Zeta

Traded Pokemon have always gotten extra exp.

Yeah, I've seen some people around the net trading really good pokemans for really ****ty ones that you can catch right at the beginning. Not sure what's up with that.

Posted by Zeta

Just caught Palkia lol

Water/Dragon is a ****ing win type combo.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote]I notice that all my traded pokemon have an exp boost. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?
They get double (I think) the EV's too, so it goes by a lot faster.

I know shiny pokemon do. And that macho brace item, or something like that, boosts them too.

Posted by Zeta

wate.

shinies get double evs?!

Posted by cool gamer dad

I meant they gain them twice as fast, lol.

Is "shiny" a translation error or what?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Huh?!

Shiny pokemon are pokemon that are shiny. Like, when you run into them in the wild, there will be a sparkling animation and it'll be an odd color. They're pretty rare, one in every 10,000+.

edit: they were intentionally put into the game, if that's the answer you were looking for. No errors.

Yeah, I got that part. But "Shiny" just sounds odd. I figured it was mistranslated. I mean, there's gotta be a better adjective than that.

Posted by cool gamer dad

It was a term coined by the gay pokemon community. There wasn't anything official describing it until a long while later, so there was no name for it.

Well, what else would it be called? : /

Posted by muffla

sparkly

im guessing that the people who are makeing retarted trades have game genie or action replay

Quoted post: It was a term coined by the gay pokemon community. There wasn't anything official describing it until a long while later, so there was no name for it.

Well, what else would it be called? : /

Rare. idk. Just not shiny.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting muffla: sparkly

im guessing that the people who are makeing retarted trades have game genie or action replay

oooooh, right.

I do remember the guide calling it something. Like Shining or Sparkling.

Posted by Zeta

Huh. Is it just me, or are legendaries easier to catch in D/P? I caught Palkia with one Ultra Ball when his HP was still yellow, and Uxie within three, whereas in LG it took me like 30 Ultra Balls to catch the Legendary Birds when they were paralyzed and their HP was at 1. (lol False Swipe.)

Sparkling sounds awwight.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: awwight.

brb gonna go **** some cleffas and pichus and other baby pokemon.

Posted by Pit

yo machop is being a dick and evolve, ITS ****ING LEVEL 28 ALREAD EVOLVE YOU DUMB ****

wait, level 26

Posted by Zeta

Beat the Elite 4 and Champion. Only need one more Sinnoh Pokemon to get the National Dex. (That *******ed Pokemon that only pops up on Fridays.) Also, gonna try and ****ing get wifi and stuff working this weekend, so yeah, if any of you faggots want a Cyndaquil or whatever, let me know and I'll start makin' sum eggs.

Hell, I have a spare Charmander at the moment...

Posted by cool gamer dad

How many for the national 'dex? I have a bunch of stuff on LG I want to trade over asap.

Posted by Zeta

You need to see all 150 Sinnoh Pokedex Pokemon.

Posted by Ant

Hmm, so this is apparently why the Japanese are willing to trade for virtually anything.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/04/japan_wants_you.html

[quote=Wired]Japan Wants Your American Pokemans

35Is it a seller's market for Pokemans? If you're one of the first batch of American players, you could luck out and get some rare monsters for little work thanks to the five million people who have the Japanese game. Japanese players, who've been Pokemanning up since September, are apparently willing to trade virtually anything for even the weakest English-language creatures.

Japanese players can't enter English characters for their Pokemon names. (And American players can't enter Japanese text.) English words are "cool" for some reason in Japan and since they need American players to trade their Pokemon to get ones with English names, they will make excellent deals (for Americans) to get English-named Pokemon. I believe the game has also sold around 6 million copies in Japan and probably about a million in the US so far, so, theoretically, the demand far outstrips the supply at this point, making sellers market.

Is this really what's going on? It seems like the most compelling explanation; having an English name on a Pokemon is probably more than enough reason for Japanese players, who likely have a surplus of "rare" Pokemans to trade, to try and snap them up. It's truly a global village. Now excuse me while I trade this Magikarp for a level 99 Palkia.

Posted by Slade

Jeez, I hope I don't miss out on getting rare pokemon via global trade if I get the game in a few weeks.

It's funny when english kids try to be japanese and all the japs want to do is be english.

Posted by Fenris wolf

when do you get to go downstairs and get the trading place and global trade and all that? the game is great best one yet

Posted by Ant

Sometime after the first badge I think...

Posted by muffla

is there a way to trade withought sombodys friend code?

like with a random jap kid

if not is there a site where they got a trade section (like gamefaqs but better

lastly if not we should make a new thread here, all i want is pipulp and mr fire monkey and ditto. :) that was a mouthful

Posted by Ant

And didn't make much sense either!

Anywho, go to Jubilifecity. That's where you can trade online with said random jap kid. But if you want to trade with friends you need their friend code.

Posted by madskillz1on1

could you elaborate on how to trade with people from japan in jublifecity? also anyone know where to find unknows?!

Posted by Ant

I'm feeling lazy on the first question, someone else can answer that.

unowns are found in the Solaceon ruins. Just to the east of the town.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting madskillz1on1: could you elaborate on how to trade with people from japan in jublifecity? also anyone know where to find unknows?!

You go to the Global Trade Station building, two fountains in front of it.

Talk to the person at the desk.

Connect to wifi.

You can offer a pokemon for trade, and ask for a particular pokemon in return. Others can see this offer by going to "view offers" or something like that. You can do it too.

Wait about 10-15 minutes and there will likely be a trade, unless you're asking for something stupid.

Posted by Pit

WHERE DO I FIND DEGOF. I HAVE 7 BADGES AND LIKE, IM TIRED OF WALKING IN FOG.

Posted by Zeta

Enter the Safari Zone. Talk to the guys closest to you, one of them should have it.

Posted by Dexter

My character's a girl and I chose Turtwig as my first Pokemon. So cute, such a graceful tackle. I also got that them there running shoes. That's about as far as I've gotten so far.

Posted by Pit

Two japanese people traded me starters for pikachus. Anyone who wants pokerus btw, tell me, im spreading the disease like hotcakes.

Posted by Ant

Hell, I almost picked the girl. The guy looks like a doofus.

Posted by Zeta

He looks like young Revolver Ocelot.

Posted by madskillz1on1

I need some help as to how some of you guys captured;Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie. I get use t-wave then get them really low hp but then I just cant capture them, Ive tried all sorts of balls(ultra seem to be the worst =o). So anyone with some helpful advise please give it =] ty.

Quoted post: He looks like young Revolver Ocelot.

insert /v/ thread here

Posted by Zeta

SIX POKEBALLS, MORE THAN ENOUGH TO CATCH ANYTHING THAT MOVES

Quoting madskillz1on1: I need some help as to how some of you guys captured;Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie. I get use t-wave then get them really low hp but then I just cant capture them, Ive tried all sorts of balls(ultra seem to be the worst =o). So anyone with some helpful advise please give it =] ty.

Use Dusk Balls. When used properly, they're 2x more successful than an Ultra Ball.

Posted by Shade

I mostly play at night anyway, so Dusk Balls = best friend.

and holy **** I want a Turtwig for my bidoof

EDIT2: nvm got it im stupid

Posted by protomanv4

I'm near the last gym

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting madskillz1on1: I need some help as to how some of you guys captured;Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie. I get use t-wave then get them really low hp but then I just cant capture them, Ive tried all sorts of balls(ultra seem to be the worst =o). So anyone with some helpful advise please give it =] ty.

Ok for Mesprit, since this Pokemon moves the best thing to do would be to use your master ball instead of chasing it around the region. Don't worry about the other two. They aren't going anywhere. Just use ultras, dusk, and timers, they aren't that hard to capture. Please note that after you beat the game another legendary will move like Mesprit so I suggest you choose which one you want to use the master ball on, unless you are planning on sending a master ball over from the older versions.

Posted by madskillz1on1

So i went to movie theater today about 2 hours after i posted and I used the dusk ball and I caught one of the 3 right before Hot Fuzz started which is really funny by the way. So Im defitnally going to use that ball more often, but as for the timer ball...i used it in like at least a 20 minute battle and it didn't even get 1 shake.

Posted by madskillz1on1

>.> so i just caught Azelf. Should I use my Master Ball on the one that moves around or should i save it for some other legendary?

Posted by Zeta

I'd use it on Cresselia, yeah.

Posted by Pit

ummm, need help. Someone is gonna have to go online and like trade 6 pokemon, dont care, just trade and trade back, not for keeps, i just want the national dex so i can go into pal par and start uploading eevee and other cool ****. If you help, i'll send over eevee eggs and other pokemon from like, you know, R/S/FR/LG

Posted by Shade

I miss my Tropius. :(
He ****in' carried my team in Ruby.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Ant: Hell, I almost picked the girl. The guy looks like a doofus.

It was an easy choice for me. One look at the boy and I knew I wanted to be a girl. I usually enjoy the girls more in Pokemon stuff anyway.

Quoted post: I miss my Tropius.
He ****in' carried my team in Ruby.

Can't you transfer it over?

Posted by Pit

just rranfered some, ned to find a breeding center, WHERE IS IT

Posted by Ant

pretty sure it's in Solaceon town. I could be wrong though.

And am I just playing extremely slow or what? I'm 35 hours in, and I just got to the point where you get the psyducks to move.

Posted by Zeta

Day-Care is in Solaceon.

ninja'd, and by someone playing slowly, no less.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Does anyone know where to get the Choice Specs? I've been searching for it in FAQs and other sites, but I can't find it. I want it for my Alakazam. :(

like...

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball/Grass Knot
- Filler, maybe Psychic idk

max Speed and Sp. Attack EVs oh ***.

Posted by Zeta

Celestic Town shop. Talk to one of the guys there in the morning before 10AM.

Now where the **** is the Macho Brace?

Quoted post: And am I just playing extremely slow or what? I'm 35 hours in, and I just got to the point where you get the psyducks to move.

It's a 40 hour game technically. So yeah, kinda slow. Though who the **** speed-runs through this **** on their first play?

Posted by Shade

I'm at 12 hours and am in the 4th gym. Slow?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Zeta: Celestic Town shop. Talk to one of the guys there in the morning before 10AM.

Now where the **** is the Macho Brace?

Thanks ^___^

Macho Brace is in D/P?!

It's in RuSa, but I couldn't tell you where it is exactly.

Posted by cool gamer dad

nm

In the Safari Park town, in the house just above the pokemart.

Talk to the bug maniac inside and show him all three evolutions of this piece of poopie (all in your party at the same time): http://www.southernwharf.net/games/diamante_perla/pokemon/minomutchi.png

and he'll give the Macho Brace to you.

Posted by Ant

funny story, pit just gave me some bagon eggs to hatch, and then to give back to him. so I named one fagon, and the other gaygon. for some reason he didn't want them back. :/

Posted by Zeta

Give them to the Japanese.

EDIT: Hey, where the **** can I get whatever it is I need to evolve Gligar?

Posted by Shade

****ing Japs didn't want my Happiny.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Zeta: Give them to the Japanese.

EDIT: Hey, where the **** can I get whatever it is I need to evolve Gligar?

I'm pretty sure I picked it up in Battle Park, right outside Battle Tower. It's along the left edge.

Posted by Shade

The Gligar evolution is ****ing beastly.

Is the battle tower before the elite four?

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Stinger: I'm pretty sure I picked it up in Battle Park, right outside Battle Tower. It's along the left edge.

Nah, I already grabbed whatever that was a long time ago, and I've tried leveling up my Gligar with all the Claws/Fangs that I have. No Gliscor yet.

Posted by cool gamer dad

It's the Razor Fang, and it has to be leveled up at night. That's what Serebii says, anyway.

Quoting Shade32: Is the battle tower before the elite four?

Right after the Elite Four if you want.

Posted by Shade

****, no Gliscor for me.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Stinger: It's the Razor Fang, and it has to be leveled up at night. That's what Serebii says, anyway.

Huh, that's odd. Pretty **** sure I tried the R. Fang at night already. >_>;

Posted by Mystic Hero

Anyone know where the Protector item is located to evolve Rhydon?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Northern Route 228.

Posted by Pit

How does Electabuzz evolve in this game?

Oh, and will start handing out free Turtwigs to VGC, just need to know what breeds into, because my current Torterra has an HM, so don't want to spoil turtwig for people, or just go to th emove tutor and delete it yourself.

Posted by Zeta

Needs some item called the Electrofier or something. As far as I know, you can only get it by stealing from wild Elekids/Electabuzzes/Electovires.

Also, whenever I get Wi-Fi, I have a ton of Ralts for sale.

Posted by Pit

where the **** are there wild - *******it

Posted by Zeta

Put FireRed in your GBA slot and wild Elekids'll pop up on Route 204 and the Valley Windworks.

Posted by Pit

I uploaded an elekid from like, Ruby, would that work at all or no?

Posted by Zeta

Wild ones only appear with FireRed in.

Posted by Pit

MOTHER**** U

Posted by GameMiestro

When it comes to catching it, Regigias is a frigging pokenazi. Ultra balls are about as effective against it as wads of paper are against a brick wall.

After a little more than an hour, though, I did manage to catch it. :P

Posted by Dexter

A little bit of disappointment falls over me when my Pokemon evolve. They're just way cuter prior. I can barely tolerate Turtwig now.

Posted by Shade

Then stop them from evolving.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting GameMiestro: When it comes to catching it, Regigias is a frigging pokenazi. Ultra balls are about as effective against it as wads of paper are against a brick wall.

After a little more than an hour, though, I did manage to catch it. :P

Regigigas is one fo the hardest Pokemon to catch in game, however it really is a crappy Pokemon with that ability. I'm not to fond of it so I used it for a trade.

On another note, if you think Regigigas was hard to catch, wait until you fight Giratina. I went freaking nuts trying to catch it. It was at 1 hp and paralyzed and I used about 30 or 40 freaking Ultra balls on it. Every 15 or so I through the ball would move three times and then it would break out. Most of the time the ball wouldn't make it through one movement. Oh here's a tip, use a Bird type to fight it so that two of its attaacks have no effect on you. All it will be able to do is slash and another move that prevents you from using healing moves. Pice of advice: Use a masterball on this one seriously.

Posted by Buhnz_O'Steele

I dont know why but I must have Diamond or Pearl. Shoot I dont even like this game that much..Pokemon=crack

Posted by finalfantasylover

Ive got like 7 badges and need the hm rock climb but I cant find it . Where is it.

Posted by Ant

In the snow by this one house at the end of the route right before the lake. It's perfectly visible so it shouldn't have been that hard to see it.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Mystic Hero;574079]Regigigas is one fo the hardest Pokemon to catch in game, however it really is a crappy Pokemon with that ability. I'm not to fond of it so I used it for a trade.

On another note, if you think Regigigas was hard to catch, wait until you fight Giratina. I went freaking nuts trying to catch it. It was at 1 hp and paralyzed and I used about 30 or 40 freaking Ultra balls on it. Every 15 or so I through the ball would move three times and then it would break out. Most of the time the ball wouldn't make it through one movement. Oh here's a tip, use a Bird type to fight it so that two of its attaacks have no effect on you. All it will be able to do is slash and another move that prevents you from using healing moves. Pice of advice: Use a masterball on this one seriously.

Giratina was tough for me to catch, but much easier than Regigigas. It only took me 25 minutes compared to 90 for Reggie. I'm hoping to team up Reggie with a fast psychic pokemon with Skill Swap.

Posted by Shade

Starly was really ****ing hard to catch.

Posted by Zeta

ANYTHING WITH A CATCH RATE OF 255 IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CATCH, AMIRITE?

Haven't had any trouble catching anything. Farfetch'd w/ False Swipe + Parasect w/ Spore is about as awesome as you can get when it comes to catching legendaries...

... Except Giratina is part Ghost, so False Swipe won't work. ****it.

Posted by Ant

I got the one dusk stone from the Team Galactic warehouse, but when/where/will I come across another?

Posted by Shade

Is anyone breeding Piplups or any starter, for that matter?

Posted by muffla

im with shade i really need a piplup

Posted by Zeta

I could pair up my Empoleon and Ditto for a night. Still need wifi though. =/

Posted by Shade

We'll just hook it up when you get to your aunt's or somethin. Any pokemon you need?

Posted by Colonel

Just got me some awesome legendary pokemon.

Palkia
Diagla
Darkrai
Mew
Mesprit
Azelf
Uxie
Rayguaza
Arceus
Jirachi
Deoxy

and Squirtle. But he's just rare.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Colonel: Just got me some awesome legendary pokemon.

Palkia
Diagla
Darkrai
Mew
Mesprit
Azelf
Uxie
Rayguaza
Arceus
Jirachi
Deoxy

and Squirtle. But he's just rare.

Ok first off, how are people hacking the other 3 pokemon? If you can manage to get me an Arceus, I'll trade you a Phione or if you can just trade me and trade back so I have it in my dex, I'd really appreciate that. Just ask me for my friend code and I'll give you.

Posted by Zeta

Heh, on 4chan a week or two ago someone was giving away shiny Arceuses. ******* hackers ruin everything...

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Zeta: Heh, on 4chan a week or two ago someone was giving away shiny Arceuses. ******* hackers ruin everything...

Oh I saw some guy on another forum giving away shiny everything. That included Arceus, Darkrai, and anything else.

Posted by Shade

k, got the last badge. Now I need to power train for the Elite Four.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Mystic Hero: Ok first off, how are people hacking the other 3 pokemon? If you can manage to get me an Arceus, I'll trade you a Phione or if you can just trade me and trade back so I have it in my dex, I'd really appreciate that. Just ask me for my friend code and I'll give you.

No Deal!

My Deoxy is SHINY!!!

Posted by Shade

IT'S DEOXYS, *** ****IT. WITH AN 'S'!

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Colonel: No Deal!

My Deoxy is SHINY!!!

I think you misunderstood me. By dex i meant Pokedex, not deoxys, I already have one and I don't give a crap about shiny. I jsut want Arceus in my Pokedex, I said I would trade it back, but w/e.

Posted by Shade

Is there any disadvantage of keeping a Pokemon from evolving?

Posted by Zeta

Not getting the stat boost from evolving.

Posted by Ant

and obviously some different move sets. but sometimes however you'll get a better move if you stay with the un-evolved version.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Zeta: Not getting the stat boost from evolving.

So as long I evolve it somewhere down the line, there is no drawback.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Ant: and obviously some different move sets. but sometimes however you'll get a better move if you stay with the un-evolved version.

Not necesarily. Pokemon will eventually learn the same moves as they level up regardless of whether or not you stop them from evolving. However, some Pokemon only learn a certain move when they evolve that their pre-evolution can't. (like Octilery) Also, once you evolve a Pokemon to its final evolution you can go back and pick up any moves it may not have learned from the Move Teacher.

Posted by Shade

k

keeping Puplip till level 98 then.

Posted by Ant

Whyever would you want to do that?

Posted by Zeta

It learns Shotgun Ice at Level 98. Only Piplup can learn it.

Posted by Ant

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Posted by Shade

He's so cute ^_^

I have a weakness for penguins

Posted by Mystic Hero

Now I know why I see people on GTS that want a Piplup level 90+.

Posted by protomanv4

Me too, but I havent been there yet lol. If you get a pokemon from a japanese person would the text of the pokemon be in jap.?
I don't like that people made game shark and AR I mean soon you can get every pokemon on there and cheat. At least for those once in a long time tourneys the pokemon people check to see if you got a hacked pokemon.

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, Pokemon from Japan would have Hiragana/Katakana.

Also, apparently traded Pokemon from a game with the same language as yours get 1.5x EXP, while traded Pokemon from a game with the different language gain 2x EXP.

Posted by cool gamer dad

What are the stats for Shotgun Ice? I'd like to see if it's even worth it. Probably not.

Posted by Shade

200 attk, never misses. 25 PP.

Posted by Zeta

Does incredible damage to... uh... ****, none of the Pokemon are really like Spark Mandrill. =/

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Shade32: 200 attk, never misses. 25 PP.

Is it like Hyper Beam? Like, you have to recharge?

It has to have some sort of extra effect. If not, I'd feel bad for using it.

Posted by Shade

Um, yeah... you can't switch him out, or use any other move until the battle ends/he faints.

Posted by Zeta

Missing causes the Shotgun Ice to split, making it damage both enemies in a double battle.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Shade32: Um, yeah... you can't switch him out, or use any other move until the battle ends/he faints.

Well, that's not that bad. It'd have to be used strategically, but It's definitely not a bad move.

Though I wouldn't train a Piplup to that level, I'd use it on Netbattle.

Posted by Shade

Why not? Piplup is so adorable.

lol i finally remember what shotgun ice is from

Posted by Zeta

You mean you didn't know until now?

moran

Posted by Shade

No, I did. Just didn't remember.

Posted by muffla

question on breeding
when breeding with ditto, is there a way to put a female with ditto and get an egg? i tried with elekid for a friend and never got an egg.

Posted by Zeta

Elekid is a baby Pokemon; you can't get eggs from it.

Posted by muffla

awww i guess there are child porn laws in sinoh too
:)

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Shade32: Why not? Piplup is so adorable.

Yeah, but I could EV train an entire team and a half before I level a Piplup that high. Cute, but not even I am that dedicated to the game.

Posted by Shade

lol EV training

Quoted post: awww i guess there are child porn laws in sinoh too

No, it's called biology.

Posted by Shade

babies can't have babies

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Shade32]babies can't have babies

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: No, it's called biology.

edit: mega-ninja'd?

Posted by Zeta

Hey, does anyone have a Modest Porygon? I'm getting sick of biking around with eggs just to end up with like 50 Adamant Porygons.

Posted by Shade

I just realized even if you get traded an egg, when it hatches you're the original trainer.

No exp boost. :(

Posted by Zeta

You didn't know?

Posted by Shade

No. :(

Misdreavous is gonna take a lot longer to level up now.

Posted by Zeta

Holy crap I think I just caught a shiny Hippowdon.

edit: Wait, no, females are just a different color. *******it :(

Posted by Ant

Haha, still, I think that's pretty rare in itself.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I started playing Diamond! My team is Monferno and Starvaria. They ****ing rock!

Posted by Average n00b

Getting this and a DS for my main b-day present. (I'll buy other games too..Not sure)

I kinda wanna start with the fire type since I ALWAYS do. But my friend said that it had horrible defense. So..I'm not sure what to start with.

Posted by Roxas23857

Get what ever you want just your going to have to work hard if you choose chimchar. I chose Piplup and I was fine. Oh also turtwig is another good pick.
But choose what you want. Have fun playing the game.

Posted by Average n00b

Thank you very much.

I was actually thinking that it was gonna be a piece of **** with the new pokemon. They seem to be getting worse and worse IMO..Or does everyone think that?

Posted by Shade

Chimchar and his evolutions are the only original fire types in this game. Unless you count the new evolution of Magmar.

Posted by Zeta

Heatran.

Posted by Shade

Legendaries don't count.

Posted by Zeta

Fair enough.

Fire sucks anyways.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

So guys, got any free Pok

Posted by Zeta

I has an army of Porygons. And one or two male Combees.

lol trade fodder

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

So my team currently consists of Infernape, Staraptor, Alakazam, and [SIZE=2]Gastrodon - what two other Pok

Posted by Shade

Happiny blows.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Shade32: Happiny blows.

Not if you evolve it into a Blissey and use it as a healer.

Posted by Shade

Okay. Healers are only good in double battles. Otherwise it's useless.

Posted by Zeta

Tourneyfags can **** you up with a Blissey. I forget how exactly, but they can still do it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Zeta;579027]Tourneyfags can **** you up with a Blissey. I forget how exactly, but they can still do it.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ffffff]Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Aromatherapy
Softboiled[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thunder Wave slows down powerful Pok

Posted by Mystic Hero

[QUOTE=The X;579036][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ffffff]Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Aromatherapy

Posted by Shade

Yeah, I don't even know what a hazer is because I don't take the games that seriously lol

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Shade32: Yeah, I don't even know what a hazer is because I don't take the games that seriously lol

Hazer: A Pokemon that uses haze.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Mystic Hero: Keep in mind that Return could also be useful in place of Seismic Toss seeing as Blissey needs to be really **** happy to evolve and that's only going to make Return's power higher.

Unless your Blissey is under level 30, you'd probably want to go for Seismic Toss. There's no way Return is doing more than 30 damage.

Posted by streak101

[QUOTE=The X;579036][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ffffff]Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Aromatherapy

Posted by cool gamer dad

Nothing wrong with it. Just use the move tutor to get the moves that it may have missed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've had Pichu and Magikarp in Day Care since I first entered the breeding centre. Day Care Tracker says they're both level 38.

Also my team now has added Gengar, lulz.

Posted by Ant

Why did you leave Pichu and Magikarp in there for so long...? There's no benefit from doing so.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Ant;579296]Why did you leave Pichu and Magikarp in there for so long...? There's no benefit from doing so.

GYARADOS

Also, the only other Pok

Posted by Ant

But you're losing out on the majority of Gyarados's moves...although I guess you could teach them later. Fine, you win this round.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I just got a Japanese Turtwig with PKRS for a Burmy. SAH-WEET!

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Stinger: Unless your Blissey is under level 30, you'd probably want to go for Seismic Toss. There's no way Return is doing more than 30 damage.

Well if you're playing competitvely I don't see why you would have a level 30 Blissey in the first place. I usually battle with level 50+ Pokemon. However if you're trying to raise a Blissey in RPG mode then I guess Seismic toss would be a benefit at that level.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Mystic Hero: Well if you're playing competitvely I don't see why you would have a level 30 Blissey in the first place. I usually battle with level 50+ Pokemon. However if you're trying to raise a Blissey in RPG mode then I guess Seismic toss would be a benefit at that level.

That's what I was saying...

So yeah, Return is useless on Blissey, and is better spent on a pokemon that does more than crap damage with it. I wasn't necessarily advocating Return for all Blisseys under level 30, I was just demonstrating how much Return sucks on Blissey etc.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Lapras > Gastrodon? Just so I know what I'm doing before I hit the E4. Also, I need a final team member - recommendations?

Posted by Zeta

No Pokemon is manlier than Gastrodon.

lol, got a shiny Tauros from a trade.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Zeta;579547]No Pokemon is manlier than Gastrodon.

... Except when your Gastrodon is a chick. idk about it - sometimes it OHKOs Pok

Posted by Zeta

Quoting The X: ... Except when your Gastrodon is a chick.

Still the manliest Pokemon ever.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Gastrodon is better imo. It has more options, like Mirror Coat, Counter, Curse, Recover, etc. It can use both Earthquake and Surf, which makes it pretty dynamic. If you don't want to bother making a split att/sp.att Gastrodon, maybe you can make something like this idk:

- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Recover

They're both kinda useless against the big boys, but in UU, Gastrodon takes the cake.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

UU? Also, what are the effects of a Gastro-Curse?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Under Used. Like, Under-Used-pokemon-only battles.

Curse would boost both Attack and Defense by one stage, but lower Speed by one stage (who cares, right? ~35 base Speed), which benefits Earthquake a lot, and Stone Edge by a significant margin also. There's Recover to support Curse.

Posted by muffla

im gonna need sombodys help, i got diamond and i just beat the snow\ice boss, and i dno what to do. i think im supposed to go to the three lakes again but my fried keeps saying he dosent need my help and i should go to the next gym. however when i try to go to the electic gym some dude stops me and says he cant let me in because there is a power outage, any help will be apreaceted thx.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Go back to each of the lakes. There should be something you need to do in one of them. If you already did that, go storm Team Galactic's HQ in Veilstone City.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

So, I just done the final showdown with Cyrus. Obviously, spoilers afoot.

How ****ing epic was the finale? The 3D cutscene with Dialga/Palkia, and then the moment when your rival shows up to kick *** alongside you when you're like 'OH SHI-' was awesome. All the music was brilliant, and the fight with Dialga was challenging without being super-unfair like Kyogre or Mewtwo of past games. Probably the first time a Pok

Posted by Shade

Surprised about what?

And the rival battling with you was gay. All his Munchlax did the whole time was stockpile and heal itself while my InfernRAPE did the fighting.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Shade32;579927]Surprised about what?

And the rival battling with you was gay. All his Munchlax did the whole time was stockpile and heal itself while my InfernRAPE did the fighting.
idk, it was just an awesome finale, which surprised me.

His Munchlax was pretty **** though. I just surfed it a couple of times and forced him to use other Pok

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Shade32: And the rival battling with you was gay. All his Munchlax did the whole time was stockpile and heal itself while my InfernRAPE did the fighting.

Better than when you team up with that chick with the Arcanine in Victory Road.

ARCANINE used Helping Hand!

*******IT USE FIRE FANG OR SOMETHING ALREADY!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Teaming up with somebody else is like being ****ing handicapped. Chanseychick was awful too.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting The X: Teaming up with somebody else is like being ****ing handicapped. Chanseychick was awful too.

That's so true. It's much easier to sweep another team with your own two Pokemon than have some npc clog your second slot up with a Pokemon that just does Helping Hand all the time or softboiled when you are already at full health. What sucked even more was when they died, you couldn't take one of your own to replace the empty battle slot. So you had to duke it out 1 on 2. That wasn't bad but I wanted some of my other Pokemon to gain exp too.

Posted by oodlesthree

WHAAAT?? The poketch is ALWAY'S on your lower screen!!!

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Ant: And am I just playing extremely slow or what? I'm 35 hours in, and I just got to the point where you get the psyducks to move.

I'm currently about 35 hours into it and they just blew up the lake, so you're definitely slower than me, and I was thinking that I was moving slow.

For anyone who has defeated the game, how many hours did it take you?

Posted by Shade

I'm at 46 hours and am training before attempting the Elite 4.

Posted by Dexter

What levels are your most used Pokemon at?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

All mine are at level 47. Going for level 55s all round before I fight the Elite Four. Which is sort of waste, since I'll be breeding them all again once I get my Ditto. :(

Posted by Dexter

I tend to keep my Pokemon leveled up evenly. Sometimes one of them gets ahead a few levels, but then I usually use the Ex-Share on the downers and it evens them out. That Ex-Share is the best item yet. I think my Pokemon are around level 39-41 now.

Posted by Zeta

Beat the Elite 4 17:53. I don't know if that's gameplay time or the time of the day I beat them.

I'm one of those guys that rips through the game with one Pokemon, so I have a Lv88 Empoleon.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Zeta;581187]Beat the Elite 4 17:53. I don't know if that's gameplay time or the time of the day I beat them.

I'm one of those guys that rips through the game with one Pokemon, so I have a Lv88 Empoleon.
I'm at 31 hours now, and I've been almost totally focused on the main quest. Touch

Posted by Dexter

That must be the time of day or something. That's way fast, and I know fast.

Should I have encountered/caught a Pikachu by now? I've been waiting and waiting to get him but I've not been able to find him exept once but he was already owned by a trainer. Any pointers?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Dexter;581196]That must be the time of day or something. That's way fast, and I know fast.

Should I have encountered/caught a Pikachu by now? I've been waiting and waiting to get him but I've not been able to find him exept once but he was already owned by a trainer. Any pointers?

Go to the Pok

Posted by O.T.L

get into any double battle

with the pokemon Ditto and any pokemon that knows THEIF

give the pokemon that knows theif the item you wanna duplicate

then start the battle....when you start the double battle transform ditto into

the pokemon that knows theif , after ditto has transformed use theif ,

on the pokemon that has the item that you wanna duplicate...

once you've done that , just win the battle and there you go ditto has the item it took and your pokemon too .... i havent proven this yet but it sounds

like it would so try it... !

Posted by Zeta

Herd that only works in Japanese version.

Posted by O.T.L

fo realz my bad then... it sounds as if it should work ???

sooo.....

how you get rep pionts on this ???

Posted by Shade

Quoting Dexter: What levels are your most used Pokemon at?

My weakest is 49, and strongest is 57. All the rest are at 53, strangely enough.

Posted by Roxas23857

My weakest is 54 and my others are all 60.

Posted by Mystic Hero

My weakest is level 20 for what I'm planning to use. It could change to level 1 if I decide to breed it for the right nature. My strongest is level 68. It still needs some work on its move set.

One thing I'm still not clear on: is this singles or doubles? I'd much prefer doubles since there is a lot of move combo variety and more strategy involved. It's better than juse using stamp amplifiers and then batton passing it in singles. (Haze ftw srsly)

Posted by Shade

I foresee Blissey abuse in doubles.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Mystic Hero;581411]One thing I'm still not clear on: is this singles or doubles? I'd much prefer doubles since there is a lot of move combo variety and more strategy involved. It's better than juse using stamp amplifiers and then batton passing it in singles. (Haze ftw srsly)

Regarding the tournament? I guess doubles could work, but maybe it could be decided between combatants. A lot of people, myself included, are still ingrained in the olden days of RBYGSC.

Posted by streak101

Quoting Dexter: What levels are your most used Pokemon at?

my strongest is at 59, weakest at 52

Posted by Fenris wolf

71 for my drapion which is the most used and my weakest is 1 i dunno which one but i know he is in the computer thing

Posted by Shade

We're talking about main line-ups.

Posted by O.T.L

I would prefer doubles in the tournament...

one could see and use strategy's from other player's....

I have 3 wins 0 losses.... pretty good so far..... ( trainer card ) i'm still undefeated...

WHATS THE MOST YOU HAVE ALL HAD BEFORE BIENG DEFEATED..???

Posted by Dexter

[QUOTE=The X;581198]Go to the Pok

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Dexter: Thanks. I finally found him in there after about 8 encounters. He was at a low level though so I'll have to take the time to level him up and make him my main electric Pokemon. Luxray was my electric Pokemon but he also uses Dark so I'll make that his priority.

How do I get myself to Acuity Lake? I try to go through that cave but there are big boulders and I don't have any moves yet to push them out of my way. Also, how do I get that move that scales the walls so I can climb up to those places uses the rock ladders?

Rock Climb HM is near Lake Acuity. Don't remember where Strength is. You've been exploring every single building/talking to everyone, right?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting oswaldothelegend:
WHATS THE MOST YOU HAVE ALL HAD BEFORE BIENG DEFEATED..???

14 wins - 0 losses in Silver. (ownage seriously, I wish my game didn't erase)

Ruby: 7 streak and then a loss, a total of 10 matches 3 of which are losses.

Posted by Shade

Dex, you get strength in the tower south of Solocean.

Posted by Stalolin

so this whole time I thought that commander saturn was female, like mars and jupiter, but it's a guy :(

Posted by O.T.L

anyone know when gabite evolves..???

Posted by O.T.L

conerning the tournament ::: i think it should be a point thing not a knockout

at the end the 2 with the most points battle it out to decide a champion !!!

its its very difficult to win every single battle ......it would suck to be out the first round..... : (

Posted by Stalolin

Level 48

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm grinding for the first time ever in Pok

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Zeta: Rock Climb HM is near Lake Acuity. Don't remember where Strength is. You've been exploring every single building/talking to everyone, right?

I finally found Strength. I somehow missed that graveyard church place the first time but I was just doing some extra exploring, not really focusing on the main mission, and I fortunately came around to it. Now I'm progressing towards Lake Acuity with my Pikachu! Yay!

Posted by Stalolin

So uh, I hit Palkia with a Blizzard, it got frozen.

I chucked an Ultra Ball and caught it.

Just curious, anyone else catch Palkia or Dialga really easily?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I caught Dialga in a Great Ball with around 1/3HP and no status effects. It's probably due to the fact Dialga/Palkia have a catch rate of 30, compared to Pok

Posted by Shade

Hey, where can I get the Exp. Share? If there even is one in this game.

Posted by streak101

Oh its at the...omg I forgot! Maybe its at the poke fan club place? Thats what rings a bell anyways...

Posted by Shade

Nvm, got it. Just above Cycling Road from Eterna City when you've caught 40 pokemon.

Posted by Dexter

What? I don't think I had 40 Pokemon caught when I got it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

He means 40 Pok

Posted by Shade

Oh, you only have to see them?

Then I went to a lot of unnecessary trouble.

Posted by asora

is it still possible to get pokemon from red version onto dimond or peral

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

No.

Posted by Dexter

I got the final badge last night so today should be the finishing day. I'll level up a bit before I take on the Elite Four.

So I'm hearing you can transfer your Pokemon from Pearl or Diamond to the new Wii Pokemon game. Is anyone planning on getting that game?

Posted by O.T.L

whe did you get your game...? i beat mines in a week .... an hour here or there ...?? i wanna get it..............of course

Posted by Shade

I've had it since April 22nd and I've yet to beat it.

Do I fail yet?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL

I got Heatran!

Posted by Roxas23857

I have heatran as well and more rare guys!!

Posted by Dexter

I think I started my adventure only a few days after the release date and I'm just now defeating the Elite Four. I'm doing it as I type this, actually. On #2. I got my Palkia at level 62 and climbing. After I defeat this is basically the end of the game, right? I could always level up other Pokemon to ready them for the Wii Pokemon game, I suppose.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You unlock the Battle Zone, Pal Park, and a whole bunch of legendary Pok

Posted by streak101

Quoting The X: FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL

I got Heatran!

i'm confused on how to nab it...

Posted by Dexter

That's it. It's finished. Fun game, my fav Pokemon RPG yet.

Luxray and Palkia seemed to be my best towards the end. I tried to level up Pikachu and actually did catch him up with the rest of the gang but he wasn't as good as Luxray. Too weak or something. So Luxray was the best when it came to electric, which was probably my most used attribute. I never once used steel throughout the entire game.

Posted by Shade

Guys got any advice on where to train Pokemon in their mid-50's? Besides grinding on the Elite 4, of course.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Battle Zone and Stark Mountain, for sure.

To catch Heatran, climb Stark Mountain until Buck pairs up with you and finds the Lava Orb. Then climb back down, and enter the Survival Area. Go into the house next to the Pok

Posted by Shade

I'm still pre-elite 4 though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Victory Road for wild Pok

Posted by Shade

I'd say all Pokemon at level 60 is decent enough to start whooping the Elite 4.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I beat them with four Pok

Posted by Shade

Wow. You've definitely got more skill than me.

What's the word on Turtwig?

Posted by Dexter

I grinded the Elite Four for about 3 hours. leveling up my weakest Pokemon, before I was strong enough to defeat them all.

Posted by Shade

I'm about to do that, with my level 6 Abra ready to level like crazy with the Exp. Share.

Posted by Dexter

That's the way to go. I did that with my Pikachu, preparing to replace Luxray with him, until I got there and discovered that Luxray was simply better. Still, though, it doesn't take too long to level them up using that method, and it helps that you're also leveling up another while going through that process.

Posted by Shade

And the Abra gets the traded Exp. Boost too. Got him from 6 to 23 against the bug guy.

Posted by Dexter

Charap was the only Pokemon I had that used the boost, which quickly leveled her up nicely. I didn't use her much throughout the game. Certainly not as much as I expected to use the attribute of Fly. What attribute do you find yourself using the most?

Posted by Shade

Definitely the two essentials, Fly and Surf. It's good, too, because they're actually decent battle moves.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I had my Golduck use surf the most in battle.

Is there a place where you can buy something to help raise the total PP of a move? There's gotta be a way, a place, right?

Posted by Shade

I'm not sure you can buy them, but PP Ups can be found in various caves/forests/seas/routes.

Posted by Dexter

There's no way to find more though? No side-missions to perfrom in order to get some extra PP?

Posted by Shade

I have no idea. Pokemon games are usually pretty low on side missions. Might want to see if the department store has any.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Dexter;586434]There's no way to find more though? No side-missions to perfrom in order to get some extra PP?

Go out to the Battle Tower. You can buy them there with battle points.

Posted by Zeta

PP Ups are also the prize for getting two matching numbers in the daily ID lottery.

Posted by O.T.L

i beat the league with my pokemon at 47-54.... i used dialga a lot....

he was a t 54 .. torrtera at 53.... and the rest were in there 40's

oh and i used a lot of revives.... and full restores.. and ...eithers and stuff......

i had like 14 hours.....

Posted by Roxas23857

Mine were all 65. But it took me forever to get my team there. Oh well. So that made my game time like really high. It was 96 or 94 hours. Plus I was looking for a good team and all the new starters so that took time as well...

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Roxas23857: Mine were all 65. But it took me forever to get my team there. Oh well. So that made my game time like really high. It was 96 or 94 hours. Plus I was looking for a good team and all the new starters so that took time as well...

You know an easy way of beatign the League faster is to actually train at the League with your main team. If you lose it doesn't mater much you only lose a bit of cash and in the process you gain alot of levels for your Pokemon.

Posted by Zeta

"Little bit"? So, did they stop the "lose half of your cash when you're defeated" thing or something?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Zeta;587039]"Little bit"? So, did they stop the "lose half of your cash when you're defeated" thing or something?

Yup, it's just a fraction of your cash. I had in the region of $50,000 and only had to pay out $6120 when I lost to Cynthia the first time.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, you only lose like 6-7 thousand now.

Just gotta level up Torterra, then I'll take on the League for some rapage.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, so, just bought Diamond today. I was gonna start with Chimchar, but then I remembered my cousin started with Chimchar, and I should start with Piplup instead. But then I realized I'd probably be importing my entire Fire Red team, so I'm kinda at a loss right now. I don't think I'll use all of this team, but I'll be importing it eventually.

LVL 73 Charizard
LVL 70 Mewtwo
LVL 70 Rayquaza
LVL 62 Groudon
LVL 62 Latias
LVL 62 Swampert

So, based on those, should I go for Chimchar or Piplup?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Chimchar, because it turns out to be way superior to Empoleon and Torterra. Plus, I'd ditch the legendaries in your FireRed team. They make things a little dull. :(

Posted by Alastor

What, all of them? Hell no. I might drop a couple, but I'm keeping at least two of them.

Posted by Dexter

I'd say Piplup. His attributes will come in handy when the Fire method doesn't get the job done.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Empoleon would be great if he wasn't a steel type.

Posted by Dexter

I never once used Steel. I didn't have any battles that convinced me that having a Steel using Pokemon would be a good idea.

Posted by Alastor

That's really why I'm asking. Fire/fighting is a good combo, because I had a Blaziken once. I don't know how useful a Steel type would be. The main reason I posted that team is because I have that Charizard and that Swampert. Depending on which starter I choose, I'll probably dump the one matching its element. That said, Chimchar seems more logical since Charizard is weak vs electric and I can always just use Latias for Fly, but I wanted a second opinion since I'm pretty noob at the more recent additions to the franchise. Like natures, for one.

Posted by O.T.L

which is strongest ??? out of the 3 new starters.???

i'd say torrterra .....

Posted by Dexter

Turtwig is who I went with at start-up and she worked out very nicely. I used her for Grass and Ground type. Her and Luxray were the leaders of my Pokemon team until Palkia joined up.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Alastor: What, all of them? Hell no. I might drop a couple, but I'm keeping at least two of them.

Most legendaries (i.e. "ubers") are illegal in competitive play due to having insane base stats.

Illegal Pok

Posted by Zeta

Wait, what's wrong with Empoleon being part Steel?

Only bad thing about him is his itty bitty movepool.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Infernape wrecks him. Plus, makes him weak to fighting, makes fire okay against him. Not cool.

Posted by Alastor

Guess I'll go with Infernape. I'm guessing Swampert is superior to Empoleon.

NOW, DO I PICK THE FAGGISH MALE CHARACTER WITH THE BERET, OR THE LOLI?

Posted by Zeta

With the guy, six Pokeballs is more than enough to catch anything that moves.

lol Ocelot

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Swampert is probably one of the superior starters. Takes a lot of damage, electricity can't touch him.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Zeta: With the guy, six Pokeballs is more than enough to catch anything that moves.

lol Ocelot

I don't get it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

THIS IS THE BLAH BLAH BLAH REVOLVER, IT'S ALL I NEED TO KICK YOUR *** SNAKE

LOL C4

Posted by Alastor

I don't get it.

never played metal gear

in before "you ****ing suck fag go play now"

Posted by O.T.L

in my game i went on the Wi Fi challenge... and used torterra to start out..

and torta would go against the fully evolved form of the fire monkey....

and win ! cause Fmonkwy's attack wasnt enough to defeat torta .. then torta would earthquake his booty.. and 1 hit ko him goodbye

and Fmonkey would use fire blast / fire blitz... depending on how it was feelin..

Posted by nowelegna1

ev training is the best way to train its the only way as far as im concerned

Posted by Dexter

Earthquake was definitely one of my strongest, best attacks. I raised the PP on that one because 10 simply wasn't enough.

Posted by Shade

I'm training up a Torterra now, I can tell Earthquake and and some good grass moves are going to help. Plus, the Grass/Ground type is a great combo. Unlike Water/Steel, which just adds more weaknesses.

Posted by Zeta

And more resistances.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, thanks to that it constantly gets felled by Earthquakes. I swear to ****ing *** it adds pretty much no resistance.

Posted by Zeta

lol I can take like 5 earthquakes.

Posted by Klarth

wassup bronzong

DUNN DUNN DUNN DUNN
DUNN-DUNN
DUNN DUNN

can't touch this

Posted by Dexter

He was my toughest fight in the game. I think he was included in the final Elite guy. Seemed like it took over 15 minutes to battle that single Pokemon.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Klarth;587291]wassup bronzong

DUNN DUNN DUNN DUNN
DUNN-DUNN
DUNN DUNN

can't touch this

HULK HAET BRONZONG :mad:

Posted by Zeta

lol

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/1178506040968.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... I'm aroused.

I got a 21 Mightyena chain today, then ****ing Bidoof ruined it. :mad:

Posted by Zeta

derp ruins everything. :(

Posted by Shade

Quoting Zeta: lol

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/1178506040968.jpg[/IMG]

I'd tap that.

Another thing, if I see the 150 pokemon before beating the Elite 4, can I still get the National Dex?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

No. Just beat the ****ing Elite Four already.

Posted by Shade

Too lazy. Although I probably could with my current line-up. I just don't feel like it, lol.

Posted by streak101

Its a bronzong princess? aaaanyway its really doesnt take that long, took me like 15 min. and I'm as lazy as the next guy.

Posted by O.T.L

i've beaten the elite 4 a lot of times training my salamence and kingdra....

there at 75 now

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Shade32;587725]Too lazy. Although I probably could with my current line-up. I just don't feel like it, lol.

Shade, I just beat the Elite Four with a 53 and two 49s. Just go do it.

And so you don't worry about losing money, blow your money on Full Restores and Revives and use them in between battles.

Posted by Dark Seth

I just got the game May 19. I haven't played it a bunch.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Stalolin: Shade, I just beat the Elite Four with a 53 and two 49s. Just go do it.

And so you don't worry about losing money, blow your money on Full Restores and Revives and use them in between battles.

I know, but I just love the feeling of over-leveling a team and then ripping the Elite Four apart.

Posted by Stalolin

also I now have things worth trading, assuming I ever get breeding

this includes:
eevee
bulbasaur
charmander
squirtle
larvitar
cyndaquil (once again, thanks senor x)
piplup

and that's about it

Posted by Slade

Oh man I'll want some of that Charmander and Bulbasaur hawtness soon as I get the National 'Dex. I'll beat the E4 this weekend sometime.

and cyndaquil

Posted by Stalolin

You can have them before you get the National Dex if you want. You don't need it to trade for them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hit me up with some Kanto starters, baby!

I'd be able to give you Chimchar, Chikorita, Totodile, Smoochum, Spoink, Natu, Wobbuffet, Vulpix, Dunsparce, Likitung, Igglybuff, Porygon, Scyther, Heracross, and a whole bunch of other random Hoenn and Kanto ****.

Posted by Shade

k, beat the Elite 4. Only there's one tiiiiiiny snag in my way to my National Dex. I'm really rushed for time for a while, so if anybody could help me sight an Uxie, that'd be great.

Yeah, so, if anyone wants to do some trade-and-then-trade-back-immediately action really quickly, I'll be very appreciative of it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You've seen it. Ergo, it's in your Dex.

Posted by Roxas23857

Do you want eggs for the kanto starters?

Posted by O.T.L

i got a few pokemonn to trade too.. including :

sqiurtle
bulbasaur
charmander
totodile
torchic
mudkip
treeko
evee's ( ect .)

Posted by streak101

you gotsa female eevee?

Posted by Shade

How do I get to Route 224?

Posted by cool gamer dad

You know that guy that's blocking the entrance to another cave in Victory Road? After you get the national 'dex, he won't be standing there and you can go through to route 224.

Posted by Zeta

And then you'll have to deal with ARCANINE used Helping Hand!

Posted by Shade

Oh, joy.

Arcanine used Helping Hand!
Arcanine used Agility!
Arcanine used Agility!

USE EXTREMESPEED YOU LITTLE ****

Posted by CS Ryan

Funny, I never saw that Arcanine use Helping Hand...

Posted by Zeta

Quoting CS Ryan: Funny, I never saw that Arcanine use Helping Hand...

Then you have an un***ly amount of luck. I saw Fire Fang once, and then a never-ending maelstrom of Helping Hand.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting CS Ryan: Funny, I never saw that Arcanine use Helping Hand...

You're delusional.

Posted by Shade

I'm getting a lot of Agilities now.

YOU'D THINK THAT WOULD HELP WITH THE WHOLE EXTREMESPEED THING.

Posted by protomanEXE

i dont understand y at the end of route 224 there is that big shiny rock that does nothing its really lame

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Shaymin, lolz.

Posted by Arcadios

Heh, that Arcanine used Helping hand every turn with the exception of 3 fire fangs and one extreme speed.

Posted by CS Ryan

It kept using Fire Fang for me, on my Houndoom! Never thought the game would do that...

Yay for Flash Fire.

Posted by Roxas23857

Quoting protomanEXE: i dont understand y at the end of route 224 there is that big shiny rock that does nothing its really lame

I know what you are talking about it's weird...but I think it is for the japan version something about the shaymin pokemon that is what I think at least...but I don't know.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting CS Ryan: It kept using Fire Fang for me, on my Houndoom! Never thought the game would do that...

Yay for Flash Fire.

The reason why it attacked you is because of your Houndoom's ability. It was trying to boost your fire attacks. Even though that ability helps your fire moves out, in the long run Arcanine is only making the match last longer because it rarely attacks the enemy. This is why dual battles with an NPC suck. It's bad enough you have to team up with them when you can probabaly clear the whole area quickly by yourself. They just waist another slot for one of your own Pokemon and when they faint, you can't send out another one of your Pokemon to cover for their's.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Uh, yeah. He knows that.

Posted by Zeta

Something that's been bugging me for a while: Does levelling up a Pokemon exculsively with the Exp.Share affect the stats gained? It seems that whenever I'm doing this the Shared Pokemon gains fewer stats upon level up than when I have them actually fight.

Also, how can I check IVs without massive levelling? My last Porygon-Z had a pretty ****ty Defense IV, and I want to make sure that doesn't happen again with the next one.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Zeta: Something that's been bugging me for a while: Does levelling up a Pokemon exculsively with the Exp.Share affect the stats gained? It seems that whenever I'm doing this the Shared Pokemon gains fewer stats upon level up than when I have them actually fight.

Also, how can I check IVs without massive levelling? My last Porygon-Z had a pretty ****ty Defense IV, and I want to make sure that doesn't happen again with the next one.

It doesn't affect stat gains in any way.

And to check your porygon's IVs, you can do a lv. 100 Wi-fi battle with a friend or someone else that wants to check IVs, so you can see the level 100 stats.

Posted by Zeta

Ah, awesome. Thanks for the quick reply Stinger.

Huh, apparently Porygons can't breed with each other, only breed with Dittos. THIS COMPLICATES THINGS!

Posted by cool gamer dad

Do you need a Ditto? I've been playing through Leaf Green again. If you don't get one in the next couple of days (by then I'll be far enough to catch a Ditto), you could have one

Posted by Zeta

Nah, I've got one. This just seems like it'll be so much harder now.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I wish Dittos could make love to each other. I only had two, and Arc has one of them now.

Posted by dinyne

did u no that u cant have incest mating.... like say u mated a Feraligator and a ditto. and u get a tododile egg then when u hatch that the tododile cant mate with the ditto cuz that is the mom of the tododile isnt that somethin

Posted by Shade

So, right now, that rock at the end of Route 224 does absolutely nothing?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Probably never will.

Posted by finalfantasylover

I like chimchar. Because hes fire/fighting just like blaziken. But i got a question. anyone here know how i can catch a croagunk for my team.

Posted by Alastor

Step 1) Encounter a wild Croagunk.
Step 2) Weaken the wild Croagunk.
Step 3) Throw a Pokeball at the wild Croagunk.
Step 4) Catch the wild Croagunk.
Step 5) Profit.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting finalfantasylover: I like chimchar. Because hes fire/fighting just like blaziken. But i got a question. anyone here know how i can catch a croagunk for my team.

Safari Zone.

Posted by Zeta

So now I have access to every Pokemon but Shaymin and Lunatone. Is this awesome? Y/N

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I have a Lunatone.

Posted by veritas

Quoting Zeta: So now I have access to every Pokemon but Shaymin and Lunatone. Is this awesome? Y/N

How mnay pokemon have u caught. I know its alot.