Retro's new project...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

After Metroid Prime 3 is complete, Retro Studios is going to need something new to work on, since they've said MP3 is the last game in the series (at least for awhile). My guess is that they'll be the ones providing us with a new Kid Icarus game. With Pit appearing in Smash Brothers Brawl, I think Kid Icarus is a shoe-in for Nintendo's next classic franchise revival, and Retro's development cycle should enable them to get the game out in a decent window 2 years from now or so.

Posted by Zeta

Retro should do that Raven Blade game they were making before they cancelled it for Metroid Prime.

Posted by neofreak91

Retro should do 2D Metroid game for wii or for ds like super mario for nintendo ds

Posted by Bebop

Pilotwings. Or Starfox.

Also I downloaded kid Icarus the other day. WTF.

Posted by Zeta

Wai- Startropics. Nintendo needs to ****ing bring Startropics back. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Wind Waker could've totally been a Startropics game.

Posted by Bebop

Star-whatnow?

Posted by Zeta

Zelda with aliens and jumping and oceans, basically.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

And yo-yos. Don't forget the yo-yos.

Posted by Ant

I think I know why they dropped that game!

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm thinking their car combat game, the name escapes me. It was going to be an online Gamecube game and was apparantly near completion when it was canned.

Posted by Drewboy64

^ yeah, that and ravenblade seem cool. If Retro does something else, I'm sure they could make a really good game. I'd like to see a true FPS, although MP3 mgiht have enough to satisfy my FPS needs.

Posted by Vbty3

Hey just a crazy idea but what if Retro worked on a Metroid game based on No More Heroes?

Remember I said it's a crazy idea.

Posted by Speedfreak

An outer space, slow-paced alien-hunting adventure game with otaku assassins, cel-shading and motorbikes? Are you on something?

Raven Blade probably won't ever get made. If it does it'll be nothing like the original game design document, which was apparantly far too ambitious to realistically be completed.

Maybe they'll go back to their adventure game featuring 3 women (it never became Metroid Prime, it was just canned), they'll need something to fill the adventure void that Metroid ending will create.

Chances are they'll just make a new Metroid game that's not about Metroid Prime, though. I hope their team gets bigger so they can make a multiplayer mode alongside the single player so the whole package starts to rival Halo.