violent games

Posted by muffla

i was playing saints row the other day and my dad asked me a question that i couldent really awncer. why do people like games like gta and saints row? i said because they are sandbox games, but after thinking about it so is crackdown and trucrime, and these games are nowhere near as fun or popular as saints row or gta. so i was just wondering why do you like gta or saints row, if you dont do you like violent games, why or why not

muffla

Posted by Zeta

Your average male feels they have to play these games in order to be macho/manly/cool/mature/other things they aren't.

Posted by Creedence

I like to kill things and blow stuff up without getting in trouble, where do I turn to, GTA of course.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: but after thinking about it so is crackdown and trucrime, and these games are nowhere near as fun or popular as saints row or gta

Pretty sure Crackdown sold more than Saints Row. But really, come on. All you do in Crackdown is jump and shoot people with rocket launchers. In GTA there's actual missions, a pretty good plot, and a ton of **** to do.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Zeta: Your average male feels they have to play these games in order to be macho/manly/cool/mature/other things they aren't.

Thats how I feel when I pay off my extension cost in Animal Crossing. :cool:

And what exactly does sandbox game mean?

And lol at Vamp for saying GTA has a good plot.

Pretty good plot for sandbox games. As in the mission structures are done well enough that you actually want to complete them and see it through to the end.

Posted by Poco

play postal 2 if you like violent games.

set a cat on fire.

Posted by Last Fog

[quote]i was playing saints row the other day and my dad asked me a question that i couldent really awncer. why do people like games like gta and saints row? i said because they are sandbox games, but after thinking about it so is crackdown and trucrime, and these games are nowhere near as fun or popular as saints row or gta. so i was just wondering why do you like gta or saints row, if you dont do you like violent games, why or why not

mufflaYou don't make any sense. Crackdown and True Cime are as violent as GTA and Saints Row.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Pretty sure Crackdown sold more than Saints Row. But really, come on. All you do in Crackdown is jump and shoot people with rocket launchers. In GTA there's actual missions, a pretty good plot, and a ton of **** to do.
Halo 3 beta. If not for that the game wouldnt have sold as well. It's disappointingly short and shallow.

Quoted post: Halo 3 beta. If not for that the game wouldnt have sold as well. It's disappointingly short and shallow.

Dur? Whatever the motive is for buying it, people still bought it and played it. Likely more than Saints Row.

Posted by Dexter

I remember back when Goldeneye was my favorite game and I used to imagine what they could do to make it better. Adding more violence, such as more, realistic blood, was one of the things I was always interested in seeing, if only to see how big of a difference it would actually make. I knew at the time how cool I thought Starship Troopers was and how less awesome it would be if it wasn't as bloody/slimey. idk.

It's like Gears of War. Take out the gore the game is ****.

Posted by Dexter

The only thing that left an impression on me with that game was the graphics. I felt as though they may just be the best to date, followed by Oblivion. I didn't care much for the game itself. I wouldn't want to go through single-player again and online doesn't interest me. Graphically, however, the game is fantastic.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'd rather play a "kiddie" game than a game that's based around large amounts of violence, swearing, sex, drugs etc. Usually because "kiddie" games are usually actually pretty fun and "mature" games are typically dogshit.

Violent games are a pretty niche market though, really.

Quoted post: The only thing that left an impression on me with that game was the graphics. I felt as though they may just be the best to date, followed by Oblivion. I didn't care much for the game itself. I wouldn't want to go through single-player again and online doesn't interest me. Graphically, however, the game is fantastic.

The game has its merits. Play either with the right people and you'll have a good time, but that could be said of any game. Though I've been recently enjoying the online a bit more than I did before.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;570873]It's like Gears of War. Take out the gore the game is ****.

I said this ages ago, you jumped up my fucking ass about it.

Because it was ****ing awesome for the first month. When it was new and I hadn't exhausted it yet, it was a great game. You know, like most games. After the first month or two, most lose its legs, as did Gears. Still a good game though.