Earth Defense Force 2017

Posted by Creedence

So, I was at The Hastings earlier and I decided to pick this game up. I could tell it was cheaply made, but it was a coop 3rd person shooter, and they don't have many of them out yet for the 360. It gets very repetitive, but overall I don't think its too bad of a game, graphics ain't too bad.

I like the power of total destruction it gives you, being able to blow up any building in the game. It's wierd, its about aliens that invade earth and you kill them, except most of the aliens are bugs. This game probably has good coop, although I haven't got to test that aspect out yet.

Some things in this game are very cool, and the way you get more weapons and health is unique. Anyway, if you love to play coop games with friends then I advise you check this out. I wouldn't buy it for single player alone though.

I'm recomending coop, because its one of those games you can just tell the coop will be good by the single player aspect.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I bought it because it was so cheap and I've been wanting to play it. Still haven't finished it, but I'm so done with it. I got to level 51 out of 53 and just stopped playing. I think it was on hard difficulty too... but yeah, I just didn't have the patience to do it. Still a fun game though.

Posted by Creedence

What really got me is on the first level you encounter the giant robots on the beach, when you shoot them they flinch. Just the way it looks was awe inspiring, and it made me think more games should have details like that. And those plasma canons, when it goes bye you it soaks up all the light and makes it dark, thats cool too.

Buy yea, I rented it and I'm considering buying it, how much did you find it for Vamp?

The animations of the "flinching" weren't that great I thought. Plus, seeing the spiders and ants go rock hard when they die and block your path is kind of annoying. Especially when the spiders can shoot their webs through walls and everything else.

Anyways, I found it for 25 bucks or so.

Posted by Creedence

Thats true. When your in the freaking tunnels with thousands of bugs on either side and a flamethrower, its just anoyying cuz your trapped. Also when your trying to shoot something and it goes into the view of where it looks at something up in the sky through the guys legs. That really ****ed me off.

Yeah, though I will admit, right near the end there's a mission where all you do is face wave after wave of insects. You see hundreds coming over the horizon at you and it's pretty cool. Then you get right to the end of the game and get ****ed off. Trying to destroy tons of dropships while massive floods of walking arms, red ants and spiders constantly attack you nonstop is ****ing difficult as hell.

Posted by Creedence

Thats why I want to play it with a friend. 3rd person shooters are always better on coop. Thats why I loved the Conflict series.