How long do yall think it will take for the next next gen systems to come out?

Posted by metalbassist66

Just a random thought I had today when the next version of an xbox or playstation come out???

Posted by Dexter

2010/2011.

Posted by TheSorrow

i bet there will definately be one in 2010...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

MS will bring one out around 2010, unless Nintendo brings their follow-up out before that.

Posted by Bebop

Im thinking MS and Nintendo will bring their new consoles around that time too. I think MS again will bring theres out first.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

With any amount of luck, sony's shareholders will have shut down sony computer entertainment by 2010, so perhaps Microsoft will purchase their brand. PlayStation X...has a certain charm to it, I suppose. It might help them move consoles in Japan, too. They'll be late getting it off the assembly line, but since Nintendo will themselves still be lagging behind in system power, it'll compete quite nicely. Especially since it will be able to play all previous X-box, X-box 360, playstation, and ps2 games. Nintendo'll have the Double-Wii out in late 2011, and the Microsoft PlayStation X will hit in early 2013.

Posted by Bebop

The next Nintendo name is something Im very excited about finding out. I doubt Ninty will drop the Wii name so easily especially if it does acquire the non-gamer market its trying to. Yet Wii2 or Double Wii just sound crap. WiiWii? No, too childish. Yii? Maybe Nintendo will be able to shift focus onto the company name rather than the console name. 'Nintendo'. Could work.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Prince Shondronai: With any amount of luck, sony's shareholders will have shut down sony computer entertainment by 2010, so perhaps Microsoft will purchase their brand. PlayStation X...has a certain charm to it, I suppose. It might help them move consoles in Japan, too. They'll be late getting it off the assembly line, but since Nintendo will themselves still be lagging behind in system power, it'll compete quite nicely. Especially since it will be able to play all previous X-box, X-box 360, playstation, and ps2 games. Nintendo'll have the Double-Wii out in late 2011, and the Microsoft PlayStation X will hit in early 2013.

you're kidding right? You do know sony does stuff other then make video games, and that they are WAY to arrogant to shut down and sell to microsoft, right?

Posted by Random

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE EXCITED FOR NEW SYSTEMS?? THEY JUST CAME OUT.. I JUST SPEND OVER A GRAND ON CONSOLES AND GAMES... DONT OVER RUSH IT NIMRODS...

Posted by Dexter

Always look forward to the future, even when you're in it. I'm looking forward to the next-gen after the next-gen.

Posted by Random

Theres always going to be interest in the next console but these ones just came out. I think its crazy to imagine whats next when we haven't even seen near the full potential of this war.

Quoting Poco: you're kidding right? You do know sony does stuff other then make video games, and that they are WAY to arrogant to shut down and sell to microsoft, right?

Yes. sony does other things than make video games. And I have a feeling that if their eye offended them for long enough, they would pluck it out. The ps3 cost them a great deal of money to produce and has thus far failed to live up to the sales standards of the ps2. If the ps3 turns out to sell only about as well as the Dreamcast in the long run, I don't think sony shareholders will be too happy about that. What do you suppose they'll want to do for the next generation when Nintendo and Microsoft are readying their new hardware for release, if the ps3 is anything but a financial success for them? Stick it out and develop the ps4, regardless of the cost, because the 10-12 million ps3 fans might buy one over the course of 6 years? I think not. If sony continues to lose exclusive 3rd-party support and doesn't sell through 50-75 million ps3s (two things that are not unrelated), I don't think there will be a ps4 at all unless a new company buys the brand.

Quoted post: Theres always going to be interest in the next console but these ones just came out. I think its crazy to imagine whats next when we haven't even seen near the full potential of this war.

I don't see what's so crazy about it. This is kinda what humans have always done...

Posted by Dexter

It isn't crazy at all. It's natural to ponder the future and you can still enjoy the present in the process. I'm also looking forward to seeing the future of the current gen systems along with the next gen. I was pondering what games would be like today back in 1992 and prior and now I even contemplate what the gamer's lifestyle will be like in 2020 and beyond.

Posted by Viro

Or rather, what our "gaming lifestyles" will be like in 2020. O.O There are people that believe these'll be the last great consoles, and that PC gaming'll take over the gaming market in general. But I am among the thousands that believe that is a farce. And yes, SONY does far more than just make consoles (they're also great comic relief, at times), but that's why he was referring to the "SONY Computer Entertainment" department. Heh, there was also this thing last year, about SONY's laptop batteries being defective, and I think it cost them about 94% of their general profit. I'm sure that didn't help them, because at that time, the PS3 was days away from being released.

It's a fact that Sony doesn't make consoles anymore. They're multimedia super computers.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Yes. sony does other things than make video games. And I have a feeling that if their eye offended them for long enough, they would pluck it out. The ps3 cost them a great deal of money to produce and has thus far failed to live up to the sales standards of the ps2. If the ps3 turns out to sell only about as well as the Dreamcast in the long run, I don't think sony shareholders will be too happy about that. What do you suppose they'll want to do for the next generation when Nintendo and Microsoft are readying their new hardware for release, if the ps3 is anything but a financial success for them? Stick it out and develop the ps4, regardless of the cost, because the 10-12 million ps3 fans might buy one over the course of 6 years? I think not. If sony continues to lose exclusive 3rd-party support and doesn't sell through 50-75 million ps3s (two things that are not unrelated), I don't think there will be a ps4 at all unless a new company buys the brand.

I'll just say this: They'd shut down the Computer Entertainment, or hell, sell to Nintendo, before they sold to an american company. They would never sell ANYTHING to microsoft.

Posted by NESHero

i would love Nintendo to buy Sony Computer Entertainment, that would make my friends really tick. Ha!

Nintendo would spit in the face of anyone from sony that offered the sale. I think their verbal response after that would be something along the lines of "So...You need us, and we have all the power. Now you know that there is nothing you may possess that we cannot take away."

Either that or they'd take the approach that Atari tried with Nintendo all those years ago and string them along for a year or two until their brand was completely useless, then laugh in their faces.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Nintendo would spit in the face of anyone from sony that offered the sale. I think their verbal response after that would be something along the lines of "So...You need us, and we have all the power. Now you know that there is nothing you may possess that we cannot take away."

Either that or they'd take the approach that Atari tried with Nintendo all those years ago and string them along for a year or two until their brand was completely useless, then laugh in their faces.

yeah, that would make me laugh. I really liked the PS2 and GC for different reasons. After/During the PS2, Sony became disgustingly arrogant, and they are paying for it with the PS3. Beleive me, though, it's more likely to sell to nintendo then any american company. The Japanese are an extremely xenophobic/racist community.

Posted by NESHero

I dont think Sony has anything that Nintendo wants?
What games would they need from sony?

Posted by Dexter

All those RPGs, like Abyss.

It is good for the national economy to buy and sell chiefly between domestic companies, I suppose, even if it's for a more biggoted reason than that. I honestly don't think Nintendo would buy, though. They have their own pride, after all, and popularity at the price of their company's long-standing image (even if that image is sometimes misunderstood) isn't something they would be interested in, I think. Would any other company in Japan even be interested in taking sony's place in the market? That's the question. Bandai/Namco, perhaps? Sega might be reluctant to get back into the console race, after all.

Quoted post: I dont think Sony has anything that Nintendo wants?

Better relationship with third-party developers?

Posted by Poco

Quoting Dexter: All those RPGs, like Abyss.

As in Tales of the Abyss?

Hahahahahahaha.

Posted by NESHero

they have pretty much earned the important 3rd parties back.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Poco: As in Tales of the Abyss?

Hahahahahahaha.

That's correct. Best RPG on the PS2 and I believe it would've ran much smoother on the Game Cube, like Symphonia did.

Quoting Dexter: Best RPG on the PS2...

I'd have to go with Dragon Warrior 8 on that one, actually. The next game in that series is coming to a Nintendo system. It's actually rumored that an enhanced version is being prepped for the Wii, as well.

Hey, the Wii's getting PSP ports, why not DS ports?

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Prince Shondronai: I'd have to go with Dragon Warrior 8 on that one, actually. The next game in that series is coming to a Nintendo system. It's actually rumored that an enhanced version is being prepped for the Wii, as well.

I never got to go through Dragon Warrior 8. I've only played through the first 4 on the NES and Slime on the DS. I'm totally looking forward to the Wii installment.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Dexter: That's correct. Best RPG on the PS2 and I believe it would've ran much smoother on the Game Cube, like Symphonia did.

That game had the worst story and characters in a Tales game, ever. Abyss was a ***awful, convoluted mess of a game. Also, you might wanna try a better RPG, like, idk, any other RPG on the PS2.

Symphonia, however, was rad.

Posted by Dexter

I always felt as though Abyss went further into the characters and their personality. I certainly remember the personalities in Abyss more than Symphonia. They just seemed more divergent and interesting. And Abyss is appreciated by Tales fans and many deem it the best Tales game ever, including many members here at VGC. It took me awhile to agree with them, but now after having time to reflect back on them all, I do.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Dexter: I always felt as though Abyss went further into the characters and their personality. I certainly remember the personalities in Abyss more than Symphonia. They just seemed more divergent and interesting. And Abyss is appreciated by Tales fans and many deem it the best Tales game ever, including many members here at VGC. It took me awhile to agree with them, but now after having time to reflect back on them all, I do.

Actually, people who have played any RPG besides Abyss call it the worst Tales game ever. The characters are shallow, unlikable, and generally suck. The story kind of just ends half-way through, and the game is boring as hell.

Quoting Dexter: I never got to go through Dragon Warrior 8. I've only played through the first 4 on the NES and Slime on the DS. I'm totally looking forward to the Wii installment.

I really loved 7, too. Check 'em out if you ever get the chance. They have such a refreshing innocence to them that's great contrast to the Final Fantasy series and its similarly-inspired ilk. The battle system is tried-and-true, as well. Simple, but effective.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Random;571073]WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE EXCITED FOR NEW SYSTEMS?? THEY JUST CAME OUT.. I JUST SPEND OVER A GRAND ON CONSOLES AND GAMES... DONT OVER RUSH IT NIMRODS...

BECAUSE TOMORROW IS ALWAYS A DAY AWAY, DIPS[COLOR=LIGHTGREEN]H[/COLOR]IT. WHY SHOULD WE STOP LOOKING TO THE FUTURE JUST BECAUSE RIGHT NOW IS GOOD? WHAT THE F[COLOR=LIGHTGREEN]U[/COLOR]CK IS WRONG WITH TALKING AND THINKING?

Quoting Speedfreak: WHAT THE F[COLOR=LIGHTGREEN]U[/COLOR]CK IS WRONG WITH TALKING AND THINKING?

According to sony's memos to 3rd-parties, everything. :-D

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Poco: Actually, people who have played any RPG besides Abyss call it the worst Tales game ever. The characters are shallow, unlikable, and generally suck. The story kind of just ends half-way through, and the game is boring as hell.

What a load of crap. I've seen VERY few negative comments towards this game. And most of the ones I have seen are exactly like yours, completely ignorant.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Linkman: What a load of crap. I've seen VERY few negative comments towards this game. And most of the ones I have seen are exactly like yours, completely ignorant.

Actually, on another game board I go to, they HATED the game. I played, I hated the game.

Posted by Anti-Muffla

I think 2009/2010 for the next-gen consoles. They will probably start early because graphics are evolving so fast. Also, the presidential primary debates started really early because of a high intrest in the elections, maybe somehow this will also be what will happen for the next-gen consoles. Although I do notice its not all that black and white of an example and they really had no connection to eachother... it's all I could think of.

Posted by MarioStar

The wii station 60 with built in toaster

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

yea, it'll be at least 2011 for MS to come out with one, i mean the xbox 360 team started on it like what, a week after xbox launch? and it still took them 4 or 5 years. Sony will probably be longer due to the fact that after this big ps3 meltdown they've had they're really gonna have to re-think they're marketing plans and what not. Nintendo, i have no idea...

Posted by Speedfreak

Microsoft and Sony's next systems will be out in 2011-12. There's no telling when Nintendo's will be out because they're marching to the beat of their own drum now. When Microsoft and Sony launch is entirely irrelevent.