New Halo 2 Maps?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Apparently, remakes of Derelict and Hang 'em High, right? How are they?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Garbage. Waaaaaaay too big for the BR. It would work on LAN, but it doesn't on live. : /

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I was going to get them for free, but I was too lazy to make another account.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Elaborates sir.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

For the first twelve hours or so you could make another Silver account and download them for free. It was a glitch that occurred when you downloaded the maps without already having a method of payment, so it never charged you anything.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Overall, though, how do they play? How's the item/weapon arrangement? Everything exactly as it were before (IE tunnels under blue base in Hang 'em High?) and other things? Any jump pads or teleporters in weird places?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Derelict? Think of it as a FFA match on a smaller Foundation with two stories. lol

The map geometry is pretty much the exact same for Hang 'em High.

The Derelict remake has two lifts instead of teleporters. Oh well. And ramps that you walk up to get to the top. There's a rocket and sword on it too, but it's a big enough map to render them useless. Oh, and sentinel beams. Yeah.

The Hang 'em High remake is a rush for the sniper, and if you get your hands on one, it's a retreat to a base with your team (blue, yeah). Game over. It's not as hard to grab it either, because of the whole BR-doesn't-shoot-far-at-all thing. All of the power weapons (rockets, snipe, camo, same places) leave you very open to fire, but yeah. This map would work better in H2 if it was used for snipers only.

Posted by Skitzo Control

So, what you're telling me is that Tombstone is, officially, the second best Halo 2 map, next to Warlock, right?

Posted by Snapzilla

I just Downloaded the new maps about three days ago and tombstone is the best out of the two.The other map Desolation is too small and not good for really anything but double-team or something.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Tombstone? Desolation? When did they come out? I'm still stuck on Hang 'em High and Derelict!

Posted by s0ul

I tried to download them, but it kept saying the file was corrupt or something.

On the bright side it still took my money and gave me nothing in return so that's pretty cool.

Posted by Random

Quoting s0ul: I tried to download them, but it kept saying the file was corrupt or something.

On the bright side it still took my money and gave me nothing in return so that's pretty cool.

Same... I called Microsoft and I guess they had too much flooding of people trying to download the maps so they said it'd take a few days to fix. I haven't tried since Friday so i'll probably throw Halo in and give it a shot.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=s0ul;571053]I tried to download them, but it kept saying the file was corrupt or something.

Wow, it's kind of like every other Microsoft product that you pay for and doesn't work properly. But it still beats Macintosh!