Steelix VS Metagross

Posted by The Blaziken Master

Who do you think has more defense? Steelix or Metagross?

Steelix for me. How'bout you?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Metagross:
http://www.pokemonfanuniverse.com/pokedex/?dexNo=376

Steelix:
http://www.pokemonfanuniverse.com/pokedex/?dexNo=208

Steelix:
(Base Stats)
Special Defense: 65
Defense: 200

Metagross:
(Base Stats)
Special Defense: 90
Defense: 130

Despite the stats, I see Metagross as much more of a tank than Steelix.

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

I say Metagross. No matter what pokemon I used and no matter what move I did. I couldn't knock that d*** thing out!! I'm not too familiar with Ruby or Sapphire's pokemon. What is Metagross's type?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Metagross by far wins this fight. Metagros is both Steel and Psychic so it's only beatable by Dark and Fire. Not to mention it's incredible stats. Steelix is weakened by both Fire and Water and to me he is easy to take out, considering what my team is composed of when i go into battle. Not only that but move wise, Metagross can be a real . Playing the computer is sometimes hard depending on their move choice and I've played a few friends that pwn with him. So Metagross is clearly the better choice stat wise and move wise.

Posted by The Blaziken Master

Quoting Mystic Hero: Metagross by far wins this fight. Metagros is both Steel and Psychic so it's only beatable by Dark and Fire. Not to mention it's incredible stats. Steelix is weakened by both Fire and Water and to me he is easy to take out, considering what my team is composed of when i go into battle. Not only that but move wise, Metagross can be a real . Playing the computer is sometimes hard depending on their move choice and I've played a few friends that pwn with him. So Metagross is clearly the better choice stat wise and move wise.

Actually, Metagross is weak of Fire and Ground. It's about defense.

Posted by TheMooChicken

Defense only covers ground, and steelix has that weakness as well.

Posted by Shade

I vote TBM as Worst Thread Starter. :P

I'd use Metagross before Steelix, because first of all, they're both steel, so I have to look at their dual-type. Out of Psychic and Dark, I'll definately go with guy with ESP. Dark pokemon just don't have too many advantages and their main moveset isn't very good. If you have a move like Psychic, even without a type advantage, it'll still pwn most types of pokemon because it's so powerfull. And who wouldn't take Meteor Mash over Crunch?

Metagross is faster, too. :)

Posted by Mystic Hero

Well obviously in looking at the strength of each move, most people would go with the more powerful attack. If the pokemon can learn both I'd say go for it. There advantages in having both types of moves if the Pokemon can learn it. Crunch can be used effictively in some cases where a Psychic Pokemon or move just won't work as well as a few other dark moves. For instance, if you and an opponent only have Psychic Pokemon left oon the field and your Pokemon knows Bite or Crunch, your opponent won't have much effect on you if his Pokemon only know Psychic moves so you'll take the upper hand by packing a Bite or Crunch with one of your Psychic Pokemon. I use this method with my Espeon, as an Eevee he learned Bite so I kept it and when he evolved he learned Psychic so he knows both types. It can also work with other types besides these, they come in most handy in my battles.

Posted by Shade

That Espeon strategy is extremely potent against the Elite Four, especially against the first guy in G/S/C.

Posted by VGChat

I think Metagross is going to win.

Posted by FavoJavo

Metagross stong and cool

Posted by Morag2

I'm not sure which is better stat wise... I really like both but probably steelix better... but I use a metagross... or did until I got bored of it.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

i think becuz metagross is a triple evlution, its overall statistks should be better, so in a fight, metagross would probably destroy steelex. on the other hand, steelix has a varietty of powerful moves, so there's no reason why it couldnt stand a chance.

i like metagross better though.

Posted by giminius

Quoting Shade: I vote TBM as Worst Thread Starter. :P

I'd use Metagross before Steelix, because first of all, they're both steel, so I have to look at their dual-type. Out of Psychic and Dark, I'll definately go with guy with ESP. Dark pokemon just don't have too many advantages and their main moveset isn't very good. If you have a move like Psychic, even without a type advantage, it'll still pwn most types of pokemon because it's so powerfull. And who wouldn't take Meteor Mash over Crunch?

Metagross is faster, too. :)

Not only that, but Steelix's special stat should be much lower than Metagross's. So, factor in the 1.5x bonus and psychic wins. Psychic is also not a direct attack and avoids cute charm etc.