****ing americans

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I got back from Grand Forks today and nearly EVERYTHING there is cheaper than it is in Winnipeg. Plus there's like, almost everything we have plus tons of awesome other stuff. It's super.

I can't wait to move out of this city. :mad:

Posted by Ant

wow, GRAND FORKS you say? Can't go wrong with GRAND FORKS! GRAND GRAND GRAND FORKS!

Posted by Zeta

Triumph Forks.

At least it's better than Winnipeg.

lol i'm not moving there though

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That's because you live in Winnipeg. Also, you live in Canada, which has free health care, meaning HIGH TAXES YEAH! Sales tax is, what, 13% there? Not as much as Ontario, but still quite high.

Wait, you did factor in the exchange-rate, right?

Of course I did.

Taxes were 14% until just recently, so yeah, it's 13 now. ****ing stupid. What's it in Ontario? 15?

Was 15, now it's 14. At least we don't live in PEI, it's like 16% I think. ALBERTA HERE I COME!

Posted by Ant

Hmm, it's 7.75 here I think :) But it's 8 in LA county.

Wow, Alberta has lower taxes than somewhere in America? Ouch.

Posted by Ant

CA has fairly high taxes all around :/

Posted by Lord of Spam

Is there some sort of income tax in canada?

In all of america, there is a federal income tax. Some states have state income taxes as well. usually the ones that dont have a sales tax (not sure if any have both). There are also property taxes pretty much everywhere, and all sorts of automotive taxes. theres also taxes on things like alcohol and cigs in my area (sin tax lol).

income tax, cigarette tax, property tax, we got it all.

Posted by Stalolin

it's 6% here, which is still too high.

they don't do a ****ed thing with our tax dollars.

every single one of our roads is in shambles and badly in need of repair.

Sounds like Winnipeg. Only taxes are over twice that.

Posted by Omni

Taxes are like what in Florida? 7% or something. Yeah, we get taxed for all kinds of stuff, but all the roads and stuff look like ****.

You think six is high? That's the lowest it gets in Canada.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Sales tax is 7%, but you have to take into consideration that the sales tax applies to everything that tourists buy as well, so that helps out a LOT.

lol thanks canucks. We hate it when you drive around at 5 miles an hour trying to figure out where you are, but we luv ur monnay.

I think that's just how tourists travel. Americans are just as bad if your description is anything to go by.

Posted by Shade

H8 tourists

I do like the 120 km/h speed limit, though.

Posted by Zeta

******* Canadians, with their mounties and maple syrup and stuff. **** them.

Posted by Shade

I do love me some maple candy though.

****'s gross. all maple products

Posted by Ant

Average is 65 in most places. But it seems around here on the freeway most go at least 10 faster, if not 15.

The law gives you ten. Seriously, look it up. But it always surprises me to drive behind someone slow, look down and realise well ****, they're going the speed limit. It just seems so slow.

Posted by Stalolin

I thought Cali was just a mass of traffic all day and they didn't even need speed limit signs. :o

Posted by Ant

hurhurhurhur.

Only in LA :)

Winnipeg has no freeway, so the fastest I can ever go is 100. Gay.

Some maple stuff is ok. Gets sickening pretty quick, though.

Posted by Ant

Winnipeg is a frozen sh[COLOR="Lime"]i[/COLOR]thole

Except in the summer, when it's a blazing, hotter than hell ****hole.

Posted by Shade

Living in extremes? **** sucks.

You can say that again.

Posted by Shade

Living in extremes? **** sucks.

Most of Canada lives in extremes these days. We drop to minus fifty in the winter and reach to over forty in the summer.

*** I love it here.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

The tax is 7% here, but the f**kers still wanna raise it more. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a raise to 9% later this year.

Posted by sniper

6.5% in Washington!

i hate you. :(

Posted by Ant

I thought taxes were extremely high what with it being extremely LIBERAL in washington!

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I ****ing hate the word "liberal" :(

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Ant: Winnipeg is a frozen sh[COLOR="Lime"]i[/COLOR]thole

Wow, I'm surprised that I just now read this post. Very well done, Ant. I'm proud of you.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Grave Wisdom: I ****ing hate the word "liberal" :(

well, that is why.

although it's surprising that in california how low the minimum wage is considering how LIBERAL a state we are. they expect people to live off 7.50 per hour here?

Posted by Ant

oh and thx rupt lol.

The VS really don't like Winnipeg, for good reason.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Minimum wage is like $7.15 here, and things are nearly as expensive as California. WTF IS THIS CRAP? And also, raising minimum wage does nothing. The more the minimum increases, the more money everything else costs. At best, you'll maybe be able to buy an extra DVD/game or 2. Oh yeah, and ANOTHER thing that ****es me the f**k off: even when minimum wage increases, people who've already made over the minimum don't get a pay-raise. So, in essence you'd be making less.

Posted by Ant

Yes.

But over the past couple years, the inflation has gone up a crapload. Gas has gone from about 1.75 on average to 3.50. That alone is huge.

****ing gas is 1.15

:(

Went up to 1.19 a few days ago. what the ****. apparently it will reach 1.50 by the end of the summer. for no ****ing reason at all, that I know of.

owned. It's about 1.10 for me. Man, I'd hate to live in Vancouver right now, they're already at 1.30.

BUT HEY, AT LEAST OUR DOLLAR IS 92 CENTS RIGHT?

**** straight

I'd pay the extra money for gas to live in Vancouver. **** winnipeg

Posted by Ant

Huh, I guess the dollar has gone down even further in value over the past year. Massive loans will do that.

But yeah, gas here is 3.50ish. Which is basically the highest in the states, save for Hawaii. And yours is about 4ish. bummer.

Posted by mis0

Gas on Albuquerque's westside is $3.50 today. It jumped 15 cents overnight... shoulda just bought some yesterday. :(

Quoted post: I'd pay the extra money for gas to live in Vancouver. **** winnipeg

Have fun getting raped by property tax.

Yes, well...nicer than winnipeg!

Posted by Ant

what isn't?

Good point.