Anyone still interested?

Posted by zios

Now I thought PS3 was going to be a booming system! I bought most of the games that came out for it and I find that it is not worth playing for the moment. Everyone I know is talking about how great the 360 is on xbox live (virtually all the games are on Live!) and how they play these great games on it. I hope the PS3 don't end up to be a NEO-GEO like system because the both had good game but they were expensive. Should I still hold on to me PS3? or trade it in for a ....Wii or somethin'...

Posted by Viro

Hmm... That's a tough one. I, myself, would say that you should just throw the sucker off a twenty-story skyscraper. However, that would be an extremely biased opinion (not really an opinion, mind you). So, what you could do is trade it in and get a 360 or Wii, with the trimmings (X-Box Live or some Wii dealie, it's all dependent on what you choose) etc.

Posted by Unite

Don't trade in always buy

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

i'd say give it a month or 2, if by then you still think you should trade it in, trade it in.

Posted by Linko_16

The games tend to dry up after the release. Keep faith in your buy until well into the PS3's life before considering whether or not it's worth it.

Posted by Linkman

I agree with Linko. Keep it. It's far too early to tell if either the Wii or PS3 will succeed or bomb.

Posted by Random

Sell it on Ebay you'll make more. Or try to sell it to a friend or something for close to what you paid for it. If you get $600 out of everything you bought, you could almost afford a 360 and a Wii :-P

Posted by NESHero

I own a Wii, but im planning to buy a PS3 once its insane price goes down, i myself hate the ps3, i am only buying it for the games. for example MGS4.
I say keep it, wait awile, if a year down the track u r still feeling there arnt any games to keep u interested, by all means do what u feel is right, but i myself never sell my games even if they are garbage, but that maybe because im a game collector and i hate letting things go.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting zios: Now I thought PS3 was going to be a booming system! I bought most of the games that came out for it and I find that it is not worth playing for the moment. Everyone I know is talking about how great the 360 is on xbox live (virtually all the games are on Live!) and how they play these great games on it. I hope the PS3 don't end up to be a NEO-GEO like system because the both had good game but they were expensive. Should I still hold on to me PS3? or trade it in for a ....Wii or somethin'...

Hold on to it. Right now the PS3 is like the GameCube for the majority of its lifespan, in terms of great exclusive games. One great game every six months or so, and several games that you could play in any other system. Whether or not it'll get better is something of a "wait-and-see" issue, since the system isn't even a year old.

Either way, though, you should still get a 360. You're doing yourself a disservice by missing out on currently the best console in this generation. Achievements and Xbox Live Arcade are a must, especially if you've been playing games for a long time, and the system has seen and will see many great games released for it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Sell it, buy a Wii and a 360. The games suck balls and it's future is gloomy and getting worse every month. Worst case scenario, you buy another one at a much cheaper price in a year or two. There's nothing out for PS3 this year that Wii60 either can't compete with or won't smack around like the runt of the litter.

For Christ's sake, man. Halo 3 and Mario Galaxy. Move it!

Posted by Poco

Quoting Speedfreak: Sell it, buy a Wii and a 360. The games suck balls and it's future is gloomy and getting worse every month. Worst case scenario, you buy another one at a much cheaper price in a year or two. There's nothing out for PS3 this year that Wii60 either can't compete with or won't smack around like the runt of the litter.

For Christ's sake, man. Halo 3 and Mario Galaxy. Move it!

Yes. Do this.

Besides, MGS4 will eventually be ported to the 360.

Posted by Speedfreak

As far as I know MGS4 isn't even out this year.

Posted by Unite

Is mario galaxy coming out this year?

Posted by Poco

Quoting Speedfreak: As far as I know MGS4 isn't even out this year.

Some places have it listed as December first, but I doubt that it will come out on time.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting Unite: Is mario galaxy coming out this year?

http://gonintendo.com/?p=17033

Posted by Anti-Muffla

yea, PS3 isn't really going to have many good games until Lair comes out and then it will get a TON of awesome games in September and the Fall. If you can wait until then keep it and save for a 360. I just got myself a new graphics card for my comp. to tie me over and I'm keepin my PS3. The PC is coming out with a lot of releases between now and September, like Bioshock, Quake Wars, Halo 2, and I think Lost Planet might be coming out by then too. Getting a new graphics card is cheaper than buying a 360, unless u get an obnoxiously awesome graphics card.