Evanescence and Maroon 5?

Posted by Jarulara

Please only reply if you got something actually worth saying....
Anyone know if the new Evanescence album is good?....and does anyone know when the next Maroon 5 album comes out?

Posted by Omni

I heard that fans gave the new Evanescence album mixed reviews, but the song "Call Me When You're Sober" was greeted favorably. It's apparently not quite the same style as their other material.

The new Maroon 5 album is set to be released on May 22. 2007. The title will be It Wont Be Soon Before Long, and it will supposedly explore new influences. The band said it will probably be their masterpiece.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Whiny ***** backed with ****ty rock. Pretentious rock backing lame vocals.

HAHA WORTH?

Posted by Jarulara

Actually yes because its a voiced opinion I wanted to hear. But I like their first album so I wondering about this one.

Posted by Dexter

Listen, I've listened to all Evanescence enough to know what I personally enjoy best, which is definitely the old. Still, if you really liked their old, you need to check out Within Temptation, because they're way better and they usually appeal to Evanescence fans. I converted my sister over to The Silent Force, which I highly recommend to you. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I only know the popular songs by Maroon 5. They simply make me miss Train. "Meet Virginia" and especially "Drops of Jupiter" were actually really good songs.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:3pfrxqrsld6e

Check out a few songs from this CD and see what you think. Any song will give you a good idea on what they're like. Wait, aren't you black? wtf? I thought 50 Cent or Akon was in da house?

Posted by Jarulara

No Dexter I'm puerto rican and white....but I like all music except country. I just can't stand their voices. I like a range of music from MJ(pop) to Linkin Park to Evanescence to Limp Bizkit to Devil Wears Prada to 50 Cent to Kanye West to Ludacris. I like all music intentionally unless I find it annoying or dumb lyrics. I try and stay open minded to all music.

Posted by Dexter

Country music actually has some great material. I think the problem is that many people don't give it the proper chance. Kids these days have it programmed into their minds that it isn't for them, usually along with jazz. I think they'd like it more if they were exposed to it more often.

So are you going to check out Within Temptation? They just released their fourth album, The Heart of Everything. I have it but haven't had the opportunity to really sit down and listen to it thoroughly yet, but I bet it is more along the lines of The Silent Force than it is similar to Mother Earth or Enter. I personally enjoy Mother Earth and Enter the most, but if you're into Evanescence, then The Silent Force is more for you, and probably The Heart of Everything, too. It's doing excellent on the charts.

Their older material is a lot rougher, with some harsh male vocals, along with, what I find to be, deeper, more personally meaningful songs about nature and our connection to it. Their newer material will attract more listeners though because it is more about love or losing a loved one or some emo stuff like facing our fears and that type of Linkin Park-type stuff.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Jarulara: No Dexter I'm puerto rican and white....but I like all music except country. I just can't stand their voices. I like a range of music from MJ(pop) to Linkin Park to Evanescence to Limp Bizkit to Devil Wears Prada to 50 Cent to Kanye West to Ludacris. I like all music intentionally unless I find it annoying or dumb lyrics. I try and stay open minded to all music.

Based on those examples you've given, I'd say the range of music you listen to is still extremely narrow, not to mention not very good. I suggest checking the vgc upload thread in The Downward Spiral blog.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, your taste in music is fairly mainstream and you seem to go with whatever's popular. I don't listen to either Evanescence or Maroon 5, but I was able to find out reviews on their music and album release dates by using Google to search for what I was looking for. Funny how that works.

Yeah, check out that thread. It's full of good stuff. Just don't upload anything if you do decide to go check it out. Well, don't upload anything that sucks anyway.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Hey PHM: Maroon 5 was actually that group I was trying to remember the name of, when we were talking the other day. Needless to say, they suck!

Posted by Jarulara

Quoting Raptor: Based on those examples you've given, I'd say the range of music you listen to is still extremely narrow, not to mention not very good. I suggest checking the vgc upload thread in The Downward Spiral blog.

I'm naming people who are out in mainstream. When I talk to people about my music I usually name mainstream artist because I don't if they would know the artist I speak of if underground or not really mainstream.

Posted by Omni

Okay, then what are some of the underground artists that you like?

Posted by Dexter

I doubt he'll enjoy the majority of material you guys have supplied in the upload thread. You got to recommend according to the artists he's presented us.

I had the opportunity to go through The Heart of Everything. It was definitely more like The Silent Force. Very disappointing for me but I would still suggest it to you or any fans of Evanescence.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Dexter: I doubt he'll enjoy the majority of material you guys have supplied in the upload thread. You got to recommend according to the artists he's presented us.

Then he can go to the Request Thread and be like, "I like Evanescence and Maroon 5. Please recommend and upload music that I might like according to what you know about my musical taste. Thanks." I've gone in there and just asked for music that's similar to stuff or things I might like according to what people know that I like a few times and had no problems. He can even copy and paste the exact words I just used for all I care.

Posted by Dexter

He doesn't sound as interested in receiving new music as he does in discussing it. I passed on some suggestions, but I like to believe I supplied more discussion.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

well...aside from his narrow taste in music, Maroon 5 sucks, and Evanesence's new album sucks. The only good song on that **** album is Call Me When Your Sober, which is a decent song. I am so disappointed in them.

Posted by Dexter

I expected it from them so I wasn't disappointed. I was more disappointed with the last two Within Temptation CDs because their first two were actually good and I didn't expect them to go so bad.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

If Jarulara likes Evanescence, maybe he'd like some non-sucky Goth Metal!!!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Dexter: I expected it from them so I wasn't disappointed. I was more disappointed with the last two Within Temptation CDs because their first two were actually good and I didn't expect them to go so bad.

I enjoy Silent Force every now and again, but The Heart of Everything I found to be very disappointing.

As for Evanescence (who I don't care for), the newer songs that I've heard are rubbish.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Angelwing: I enjoy Silent Force every now and again, but The Heart of Everything I found to be very disappointing.

Ugg. I keep trying to listen to it, hoping to like it at least a little more, but it's not working. I don't think I'll ever be able to sit through the entire album. Their first two albums will forever be their best. That's that.

I fear the next Nightwish album.