Star Ocean

Posted by cronomaster

A game so great and so long there should be a temple so it may be prased for all time

Posted by Creedence

The one for Snes that was japan only? The one for PS1? The one for PS2? The PSX game was the best, but you need to give more info on these things. Cuz I've had them all.

Posted by cronomaster

I love this game ever since I played Chrono Trigger I'v looked for a game that came close in lenth and story and this one came very close but truthfully I will never say any game is as good as Chrono Trigger but that is why Iput up this thread to see who else thought the game was as good as I did.

Posted by S

Quoting cronomaster: I love this game ever since I played Chrono Trigger I'v looked for a game that came close in lenth and story and this one came very close but truthfully I will never say any game is as good as Chrono Trigger but that is why Iput up this thread to see who else thought the game was as good as I did.

Punctuation helps the comprehension of your peers. That was one big *** run-on sentence.

Anyway, I hated Star Ocean 3: Till the End of time. You may want to clarify which.

I'll probably lynch you if you just compared SO3: Till the End of Time to Chrono Trigger, though.

Posted by Creedence

Quoting cronomaster: I love this game ever since I played Chrono Trigger I'v looked for a game that came close in lenth and story and this one came very close but truthfully I will never say any game is as good as Chrono Trigger but that is why Iput up this thread to see who else thought the game was as good as I did.

Try Legend of Dragoon, its long and enjoyable, and a not so long but enjoyable game is Grandia 2. My favorite of the Grandia series.

Posted by cronomaster

Yes I was talking about star ocean 3 but no game in the world in the world is better then Chrono Trigger it is still the best RPG of its time and better then most now if not all.

But the reason I like Star Ocean 3 Till the end of time was the story it was very good it made me want to play it plus it was my first RPG that in battle i dident just go through menu selections.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

lol

Quoted post: Try Legend of Dragoon, its long and enjoyable

LoD is garbage. Don't bother wasting your time on it.

Posted by S

Xenogears > Chrono Trigger, actually. But besides that, Chrono Trigger is unrivaled. A few other good titles in the RPG realm have got to be Valkyrie Profile and Phantasy Star IV. If you're into an RPG-esque platformer, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night isn't all that bad either.

Posted by Zeta

I preferred Cross over Trigger. =/

Posted by Creedence

LoD? garbage? That game left an impact on my life of what PSX RPG should be like, long and challenging. The graphics didn't matter. 4 disks made for a truelly long game. I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion though.

LoD certainly is long, but far from challenging. It's one of the bigger clich

Posted by Zeta

I liked LoD, although I only played the first disc. >_>

Luv RPGs where you have to do timed hits.

Agreed.

Play Shadow Hearts. Judgement Ring = awesome.

Posted by Creedence

Baldurs Gate was ok, I thought Champions of Norath, or whatever the hell it was was better though. I espeacaly loved the coop mode. I used to love coop hack and slash games. Theres just not enough of them.

I never played Champions 2, cousin said it was good though. I remember after the second disk on LoD I had all my party good, but do you remember how hard Congel was? He was hard... Or maybe I just don't remember right. I'm starting to play some of my old games again, so I'll probably check it out, maybe even today

Hahah, no, not the Baldur's Gates for PS2. Baldur's Gate I (and TotSC) and II (SoA&ToB) for PC. BGs for PS2 are nothing but hack and slash 'RPGs' which are somewhat fun, but get boring as hell after short periods of time. The series for PC are so much better. Than most games, actually.

I don't remember any part in LoD being terribly difficult...But I played the game a long time ago and do not remember specific details (or want to remember anything at all).

Posted by Creedence

I'll look into the BG for PC.

Why do you hate LoD so much anyway?
Was it just different so you didn't like it? just curious.

I dislike it because it isn't different. Poor character development, clich

Posted by Xenos

[quote=MMX&oldies-fan;568724]Try Legend of Dragoon, its long and enjoyable, and a not so long but enjoyable game is Grandia 2. My favorite of the Grandia series.

Maybe its just me, but I hated Grandia II - whilst I found that, in some cases, the battle system was slightly better, I perfered the characters of GI.

Posted by Chaos Sin

Star Ocean Till the End of Time was a nicely done game IMHO. I went through the whole game gattering battle trophies and all. I have no I believe 104 battle tropies. I've completed every mode except 4D mode witch btw is extremly challenging. I have even done the bonus dungeons. The final one's boss, Freya, is HARD! On universe mode it took me around 2 and a half hours to beat her. I was also at level 255 with atk maxxed out but my highest def was only 4500 never have I gotten it higher. My HP is well into the 90 thousands. I'm hardcore at that game yo.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Star Ocean I deserves a lot more praise than it gets. I mean, people always sing the praises of ToP(which IS an excellent game), but the only Star Ocean usually mentioned is 2. And quite frankly, the first one is better!

Posted by Poco

Quoting Angelwing: Disgaea

that game was for pedophiles. pedophile found.

besides that, disgaea is crap. I mean, if you like 12 year olds, jokes from the 6th grade anime club, and grinding, it's a great game.