Classic Rock Discussion!!!

Posted by Creedence

Yeah, disscussion and stuff, whats your favorite classic rock band, song, guitarist, you know whatever.

My favorite band is Foreigner.
Favorite song is a tie between Paint It Black by the Stones and Juke Box Hero by Foriegner.
For Guitarist I'm going with Hendrix. Hands down. But with Clapton close behind.

Anyway, enjoy.

Posted by Omni

My favorite band is Queen. Freddie Mercury is my favorite singer ever. He is just amazing. Their songs manage to be funny, unique, and interesting to me no matter how many times I hear them. Their 70's albums are especially fabulous. "Don't Stop Me Now" and just about any of their popular 70's songs are my favorites.

I also really like Pink Floyd, David Bowie, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, and The Doors.

Posted by Creedence

You got rid of the black rectange :(
Yea, Queen is awesome, but a lot of people don't like them. My favorite song of theirs is Bohemian Rhapsody. I just can't help but sing along when it comes on on the radio. My favorite bands are The Rolling Stones, Kansas, Boston, Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Foreigner.

Some favorite besides the ones I've already listed are Runnin' Down a Dream, Carry On My Wayward Son, Mary Janes' Last Dance, Killer Queen, Dirty Laundry, and La Grange. I like songs that have messages and good guitar. Guitar and vocal makes all the difference. Drums and bass are optional with me.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Best thread.

Pink Floyd is my #1 fav band ever, followed up by Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Queen, The Doors, Boston, The Beatles, Black Sabbath etc

Posted by Creedence

My favorite Pink Floyd song is Wish You Were Here, yours?

Posted by Raptor

Robin Trower, but I'm willing to bet no one here has even heard of him.

Posted by Omni

I have. I even used to physically own the album you uploaded. Thanks for that.

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Raptor: Robin Trower, but I'm willing to bet no one here has even heard of him.

I have. You ever heard of Jethro Tull? They had a song that when both parts together were played, it was 43 minutes long, its called Thick as a Brick. They played it the other day on the radio.

Posted by Omni

I have that album. The entire song is in 2 separate parts, which were originally on each side of the LP.

Posted by Creedence

Which is why I said when both parts together are played. I used to have the album, but me and my friends were playing frisby with old albums that didn't work anymore, and it got mixed in. Playing frisby with those sucks, it hurts when you catch them.

Posted by Creature

Pink Floyd is my favorite band to right now..
I'm like in love with Animals it has to be their best album.

Posted by Omni

Ever since I got it, I've been listening to Freddie Mercury's Mr. Bad Guy album like crazy. I just love the direction of his solo material. "Living On My Own" is my favorite song on the album. It's got more synths and dance beats than the usual guitar driven Queen music I'm used to. Still, Queen will always be amazing.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: My favorite Pink Floyd song is Wish You Were Here, yours?

It's Dogs, it's also my all time favourite song.

Quoting Creature: Pink Floyd is my favorite band to right now..
I'm like in love with Animals it has to be their best album.

Animals is a really, really good album, but Dark Side and The Wall are superior

Posted by Omni

Yeah, I like The Wall the most out of all of their albums.

Posted by Creedence

I know its been a while, but for mothers day I bought mum the Cd Early Days and Latter Days from Led Zeppelin. She really likes it. She's a big fan of classic rock too.