Graveworm - Collateral Defect

Posted by Grave Wisdom

So yeah, I finally got to hear this album yesterday...and it's "interesting"

On one hand, they fixed most of the things that annoyed me about (N)utopia. On the other hand, they seem to have gone even more in left field. Will the people who hated (N)utopia like this? Some of them probably will. The only real way to know is to hear it for yourself. As for me? I like it. Everyone who is/was a Graveworm fan should at least give it one listen. The song structures are still fairly simplistic/commercial, and most of the guitar-work rubs me the wrong way...but I still like it more than (N)utopia. And this has something that (N)utopia was largely lacking, atmosphere and emotion. But the vocals are even worse in some places.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The song structures are still fairly simplistic/commercial, and most of the guitar-work rubs me the wrong way

Not interested. I liked them once, but I don't really listen to that type of music anymore.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Not interested. I liked them once, but I don't really listen to that type of music anymore.

And I can't say I blame you. But was decent a decent listen for what it is imho.