Bittorrent movies

Posted by XxLionheartXx

i just downloaded 300 the movie using bittorrent and i have to watch it on somthing called mpc star, but i want to watch it on windows media player, can someone help me?

Posted by Omni

Is this a computer game? I'm moving this to Technology and Computing.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

You should be going into the movie theatre to watch that movie, there is no other way to see that movie so you fail pretty hard

Posted by Omni

You're just saying that because you got busted while downloading it, Tiptoe.

Posted by Roger Smith

Wow, you'd have to fail pretty hard to get caught downloading bittorrent >_>

But yeah, just see 300 in the theaters.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: You're just saying that because you got busted while downloading it, Tiptoe.

Hey, they were tracking the file, and everyone in my area is getting caught recently and it's such bullsh!t because it was a crap bootleg.

But to help you out, what kind of file is the bootleg? WMP doesn't support too many file types, so maybe you have to watch it on that media player or you can go out and download a nice converter to convert it into an AVI or something that WMP supports

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Just download VLC. You need MPC because the torrent has a certain codec that won't play in WMP. However, VLC will play just about anything and will likely exceed MPC. Plus, VLC is better than WMP.

lol acronyms.

Posted by fates warning

yes VLC is teh best. I watched 300 on it, which I was forced to torrent as none of my lazy *** freinds would drive me to the theater, and my parents didnt care if i saw it or not.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Seeing 300 in theaters is worth it just to have the badassness on a huge screen.

And holy hell, how the **** do you get caught using torrent? m-m-m-m-mega fail.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Lord of Spam: And holy hell, how the **** do you get caught using torrent? m-m-m-m-mega fail.

I only said it about 3 posts up

Posted by Omni

I'm not a big movie watcher, and I hate torrents anyway, so I guess they won't catch me torrenting movies anytime soon. :D

Posted by Trigger

[quote=fates warning]yes VLC is teh best. I watched 300 on it, which I was forced to torrent as none of my lazy *** freinds would drive me to the theater, and my parents didnt care if i saw it or not.
Walk, fatass.

300 is an excellent movie, just in case anyone wanted my little opinion injected in on the matter. I would download 300, but in a house of seven other people, bandwith limitations and cap restrictions are bound to happen. I'll just buy it when it comes out on DVD, you know, because I thought it was such a great movie that was worth my money.

P.S. In regards to being caught downloading a torrent: OH NOEZ I GOTS CAUGHTS ON THE INTERSNETS! :o

Posted by fates warning

Quoting Trigger: Walk, fatass.

Id like to see you walk.

Posted by Trigger

Pay first, then we'll talk.

Posted by Omni

Haha, that's one of the many reasons I avoid torrenting stuff. No offense meant.

Posted by Sterling

I torrent pretty much everything now.
But yeah, see 300 in theatres.

Posted by fates warning

Quoting fates warning: Id like to see you walk.

better excuse: movie is rated R. sneaking in isnt an option, the only theatre within 10 miles is new...

Posted by Trigger

Then you are too young to see many men die, a lame sex scene, and lots of blood. Deal with it like the kid you are.

Quoted post: Haha, that's one of the many reasons I avoid torrenting stuff. No offense meant.

Being caught? Nearly impossible.

Quoted post:
better excuse: movie is rated R. sneaking in isnt an option, the only theatre within 10 miles is new...

Buy a ticket to another movie and just walk into 300. Not hard.

Posted by fates warning

Quoting Trigger: Then you are too young to see many men die, a lame sex scene, and lots of blood. Deal with it like the kid you are.

oh wow, you are so cool.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Buy a ticket to another movie and just walk into 300. Not hard.

Thought about it, but a freind of mine was recently caught. I wasnt there, so it may have just been his fault for being stupid. I figure Ill just see it when it comes to the $1.50 theatre, where they wont even care.

Yeah, if you pay attention to whether a guy is standing there and watching or not, it shouldn't be a problem. But hey, it would suck to get tossed out and down nine bucks.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=fates warning]oh wow, you are so cool.
I know, man. I know. :cool2:

Posted by avalanch

just sneak in, its easy as hell.

Posted by G-Sides

...after 300 is already out of the theaters!