Nintendos next handheld

Posted by muffla

Now that the ds has been out for over a year, do you think that nintendo will include a touch screen with their next handheld, or do you think that they will include somthing totaly diffrent?

i personally thing that they wil include a touch screen, but olny have one screen, if they do have two screens, they will be touching (sumhow) getting rid of the black area between screens.

Posted by Zeta

Nintendo QS.

Posted by Proto Man

Methinks Ninty's next handheld will probably return to the GameBoy brand. I hope so anyways...

Just because DS has been out for over a year though, doesn't mean Nintendo is going to release a new one anytime soon.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zeta: Nintendo QS.

Quad screen?

Posted by Zeta

Quintuple screen.

Posted by Roger Smith

That'd end up costing as much as a Wii!

Posted by booyah719

Quoting Roger Smith: That'd end up costing as much as a Wii!

Your point being? Kids are rich these days, but you still can't rob 'em the old fashioned way of brick to the face, and looting. I'm getting all nostalgic....!

Posted by Roger Smith

My point being it would cost as much as the Wii. Lurk moar.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Methinks Ninty's next handheld will probably return to the GameBoy brand. I hope so anyways...

Yeah, sure thing buddy. The DS is huge. They aren't going back.

Posted by Shade

And hopefully it won't have a touchscreen.

Posted by Zeta

I CAN'T PLAY EBA WITHOUT A TOUCHSCREEN. :(

Posted by Shade

I can't play Ninja Gaiden with touch-screen. :mad:

HOW DO YOU KNOW? Seriously, it's Itagaki. He wouldn't make a Gaiden game that didn't work.

Posted by Shade

We will see.

Posted by cronomaster

nintendo is not working on any hand helds todate but it is possible in 2012

Posted by Arcadios

Nintendo DS Advanced

Posted by Zeta

No, no, next comes the Nintendo DS Color, then DS Advance

Posted by Dexter

Don't forget Nitendo DS Camera.

Posted by Shade

You forgot the Nintendo DS Pocket.

Which actually would be a good idea.

Posted by Roger Smith

Nintendo DS Printer.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Shade32: I can't play Ninja Gaiden with touch-screen. :mad:

Can I borrow your time machine so we can end this thread?

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Shade32: You forgot the Nintendo DS Pocket.

Which actually would be a good idea.

See: DS Lite

Posted by Creedence

I think Nintendo will look for a new way to revelutionize gaming like they did with the Wii and DS, but will completly fail because there luck on revelutionizing things is over, what are they gonna do? Make a handheld that projects the game onto a wall, lame, you couldn't play it in class then.

You think there's nothing left to "revolutionize" in the gaming industry? Hahaha.

Posted by Creedence

I don't think there is nothing left, I just think in the handheld world Nintendo is out of luck, and Sony never had luck, and Microsoft's first handheld gaming device won't be here for a long time, if it ever comes.

Quoted post: I just think in the handheld world Nintendo is out of luck,

Any reason why? People thought that when the PSP first hit, and look at it now.

Posted by Colonel

One big, and wide touch screen.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Actually, MMX, that would be okay. You could change the settings to project the game in any size on any surface. Such a projector would require large amounts of power, though, and I doubt tiny, clean nuclear reactors will be available for the masses in a mere 4 or 5 years.

Posted by Creedence

I'm going to patent the idea. Muahhahahaa. Not really. That is a terrible idea. ***. I thought of it off the top of my head. I can see them coming out with much better things than that.

Posted by Pit

Nintendo DS 64

Posted by Arcadios

Nintendo DS Micro

Posted by Colonel

Wouldn't that just be a DS Lite with a diffrent, and stupid name?

Posted by GameMiestro

No, it would be a cheap excuse for the DS without multiplayer support, addons or any form of "coolness" factor. With a different name.

I want the next Nintendo handheld to be controlled by our thoughts. There's scientists who have done that with a Space Invaders-type game, I'm sure Nintendo can whip up a super complex version of it by the time the next handheld rush comes out.

Posted by Bebop

2 touch screens? Bigger screens?

How about touch screens that reconise being touched at 2 different places at the same time. Can DS do that now or is it just the games?

Posted by Creedence

Quoting GameMiestro: No, it would be a cheap excuse for the DS without multiplayer support, addons or any form of "coolness" factor. With a different name.

I want the next Nintendo handheld to be controlled by our thoughts. There's scientists who have done that with a Space Invaders-type game, I'm sure Nintendo can whip up a super complex version of it by the time the next handheld rush comes out.

What, with like a helmet or a thing that sticks to your head, that'd be cool but when you died you might go into shock, if the thing was beeming to your nerves or whatever. Sounds dangerous, I LIKE DANGEROUS!!

Posted by Bebop

Shut up.

Posted by Colonel

BOL.

Posted by junior senior

nintendo ds player

Posted by NESHero

Nintendo DS TV Tuner.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Dexter: Don't forget Nitendo DS Camera.

That might be pretty neat - it could be integrated into the chat and games.

Everything else already has a camera. Why not.

Posted by mis0

Well, because someone will send pictures of their PENIS to kids over Pictochat, and that's just not kid friendly Vampiro!

Quoted post: and that's just not kid friendly Vampiro!

When you say it like that, it makes me sound like "Kid Friendly Vampiro." Super.

Posted by Bebop

Camera would be awesome. Imagine doodling with the stylus with pictures in colour! I big step up from the GB Camera.

Posted by Speedfreak

Basically a DS with a 64-bit CPU (for texture filtering), better battery life and a 1GB flash memory drive with micro SD card input. You could download upgrades for games, have virtual console right on your handheld and best of all, Nintendo could allow people to make small DS games with a cheap DS devkit for download on their DS shop channel.

Posted by protomanv4

Nintendo Perfect handheld or Nintendo PH, I guess it will use something even smaller than the DS cards and have a touch screan that can be used by touching it with your finger pads,or have a strong screan that if you use your fingernail it wont scratch it, or you can still use a stylus.

Quoted post: or have a strong screan that if you use your fingernail it wont screach it,

... how sharp are your fingernails?

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Speedfreak: Nintendo could allow people to make small DS games with a cheap DS devkit for download on their DS shop channel.

That would be awesome. Maybe somebody could make line rider for the DS that you could download. I'm tired of that game but it would be better portable.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting protomanv4: Nintendo Perfect handheld or Nintendo PH, I guess it will use something even smalled than the DS cards and have a touch screan that can be used by touching it with your finger pads,or have a strong screan that if you use your fingernail it wont screach it, or you can still use a styliss.

am I the only one that had a hard time figuring out what the hell was written in that post?

Posted by avalanch

we all know that the DS Cube is coming out next!

Posted by protomanv4

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ... how sharp are your fingernails?

not that sharp but if u like accidently have like a friend'slitle bro or sis using a pencil thinking its the stylus yeah it might scratch it.