pokemon diamond/pearl

Posted by cronomaster

does any one know if classic pokemon will be in the new games example charmander and bulbasuar.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, they will. I'm not sure if every single past pokemon will be there, but the vast majority will. Plus, if you've caught them in past GBA games, you can send them over the DS game and get them there.

Posted by RandomizeR

****! I wish I wouldn't have sold my Gold version several years ago...

I'm going to go cry

On a serious note, will I be able to get Mudkip without transferring it from an older game?

Eh, apparently Diamond and Pearl **** up GBA pokemon because it shuffles around things like special attacks. So a really strong pokemon could be useless. Not a big loss.

And yeah, I'm sure you can.

Posted by Ant

OMG I'M SO EXCITED I CAN HARDLY STAND THE WAIT!

I'M GONNA GET DIAMOND WHICH ONE ARE YOU GUYS GONNA GET?

Posted by cronomaster

I'm also going for dimond but i may change my mind it seems that about 80% are going for the same one

Posted by Dexter

Why are people choosing diamond? Could someone explain the highlights of each one or why they value one over the other?

Posted by Shade

Diamond has a blue cover, Pearl is pink. Less girly etc etc

Anyone know if it's like G/S/C where you can travel to previous continents?

Posted by Dexter

That's it? The cover?!

I'm getting Pearl.

Posted by Shade

I'll probably get whatever K-Mart has in stock.

Posted by Dexter

And what exactly would you do if they just so happen to have both?

Target > K-Mart

Posted by Shade

Target's 4 miles away, K-Mart's less than 1.

What I always do when given a choise. Eeny-Meeny-Miney-Mo.

Posted by Dexter

What appalling homophobia and noticeable parent/environmental programming. :(

Posted by Shade

Nah, I just hate pink.

...and I may be a little homophobic.

Posted by Dexter

Pink is probably the most powerful colour we have. It's so tranquilizing. Sport stadiums often paint the visiting teams locker room pink and even prisons or known for using the colour to calm the captives. It's like the soothing music in a hectic store environment. It's more of a man's colour than a girls, I'd say.

Posted by protomanv4

I'm getting Diamond and I don't think you can catch the old starters.

Posted by Dexter

Be a real man and get the Pearl. Cowards.

Posted by inequity

Tough men buy pearl, I'm buying pearl!

Posted by Shade

Quoting Dexter: Pink is probably the most powerful colour we have. It's so tranquilizing. Sport stadiums often paint the visiting teams locker room pink and even prisons or known for using the colour to calm the captives. It's like the soothing music in a hectic store environment. It's more of a man's colour than a girls, I'd say.

Stadiums paint the visiting locker rooms pink as an insult to the visiting team.

Posted by cronomaster

in every pokemon game iv ever bought at sometime or another i wish i had the other like in blue and red i had blue and never could get syther well red could never get pincer and i always buy them as soon as i can and the internet often dosen't have the right info for me to decide

Posted by Zeta

Quoting RandomizeR: ****! I wish I wouldn't have sold my Gold version several years ago...

I'm going to go cry

You can only transfer the GBA game's Pokemon. R/B/Y/G/S/C won't work.

Gettin' Pearl lol.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Shade32: Stadiums paint the visiting locker rooms pink as an insult to the visiting team.

No. If pink was meant as an insult than they wouldn't have painted their own stadium that colour. It would just be laughable.

Posted by muffla

im getting pearl because my friend is getting diamond and we wil trade

Quoted post: Why are people choosing diamond? Could someone explain the highlights of each one or why they value one over the other?

Certain pokemon appear in one or the other. For example, whatever pokemon appears on the cover is only in that game. Along with a whole bunch of others:

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml

Posted by Dexter

I think I like the cast of Diamond more. Mightyena, Larvitar, and Kecleon are neat.

Posted by Zeta

The only Pokemon I'll regret not being able to get is Scyther/Scizor, but Mismagius makes up for that.

Posted by GameMiestro

These new Pokemon are far too complicated. I miss the days of Diglett and Voltorb.

Posted by Dexter

It's not much added complication if you're already involved and aware of the world of Pokemon. When first introducing people to Pokemon, they needed to attempt to make things less complicated because there was so much to it, but now that we're understanding the various aspects of it, they can incorporate additional features and statistics. Things are getting smarter, more complicated. More is better.

Posted by Zeta

More is better until there's too much.

Posted by Slade

Quoting GameMiestro: These new Pokemon are far too complicated. I miss the days of Diglett and Voltorb.

I've often felt the same way. It took my getting Leafgreen to re-ignite my interest in Pokemon games. My fondest memories are of playing Blue, and my least favorite game so far was Sapphire, but the new evolutions in D/P are enough to make me want to play through R/S again.

Actually, here's what I'll have by the time D/P comes out: LeafGreen, Ruby, and Diamond. I'm getting Diamond because my friend is getting Pearl- He says Palkia looks cooler than Dialga. I disagree.

There better be a lot of trading going on through here when D/P come out. :mad:

Posted by muffla

there are alot of pokemon you can olny get once in diamond and pearl

Posted by Shade

Yeah, if you look on Serebii, there are like, 10 legendaries.

Posted by Omni

If I had a DS, I'd get the pink one. I might get one soon. We'll see.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: If I had a DS, I'd get the pink one. I might get one soon. We'll see.

Hopefully you mean you'd get a pink DS and Pearl.

And Princess Peach for DS.

...and one of those cute pink Princess Peach themed handbags for DS and accessories...

Posted by Omni

Oh, absolutely. Sorry if I was a little vague on that.

Posted by Shade

But you are still getting the Princess Peach handbag, right?

It's practically a necessity.

Posted by Omni

I said absolutely for a reason. Of course I am. Also, practically? It is a necessity.

Posted by Shade

Just checking to make sure your circuits were in order.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Slade: ...and one of those cute pink Princess Peach themed handbags for DS and accessories...

pic plz

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Zeta: More is better until there's too much.

They hit that when they made Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Posted by protomanv4

The only reason i'm getting Diamond is cuz my cousin said he was getting Pearl cuz he thinks it is better in pokemon slection.

Posted by cool gamer dad

What's so complicated about R/S? lol

I'm buying Diamond. And there will be trading. Oh yes there will. Uh-huh. Yep. Definitely. Yeah.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Stinger: What's so complicated about R/S? lol

DOUBLE BATTLES ARE TOO COMPLICATED FOR MY FEEBLE LITTLE MIND

Also, anyone near New York or wherever the hell that Nintendo World place is had better **** well go to the Pokemon events to get legendaries.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Oh yeah, whatever, those are pretty lame. They never worked like they were supposed to, it was just one of your pokemon killing both of the others in one Surf. So it's pretty much a single battle.

Posted by Dexter

Sometimes a game seems complicated until you actually play it and get used to it. Baten Kaitos seemed overly complicated to me until I got into it and discovered just how simple it really was.

Posted by metalsonic

from what i read, there are 10 legendaries and you can put the ones from fire/red,emeralds,ruby,etc in the game from a thing in the game call pal park in diamond and pearl.

Posted by Colonel

I'm getting Pearl, even thought my birth stone is diamond, Pearl has a better legendary Pokemon. Plus I got the Nintendo Power issue with Pokemon Pearl on the cover as apose to Diamon, so yeah, it's pretty much destiny.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqRMDPG6nWM&mode=related&search=

Heres a demo. It's from the GDC

Posted by oodlesthree

Does anyone know where I can get a ditto in diamond? If I have to transfer it from emrald? If so, how do I trasnfer it? I looked in the guidebook, but it didn't tell me.

Posted by oodlesthree

how long until i get a picture anyway? i waaaaaaaaant one

Posted by oodlesthree

im gone, nobody's answering me

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Shade32: Diamond has a blue cover, Pearl is pink. Less girly etc etc

Anyone know if it's like G/S/C where you can travel to previous continents?

i agree. blue is much more guyee than purple/hotpink

that and Dialga can control time ! who wouldnt want to control time !

i could freeze time then steal a whole bunch of copy's of diamond and pearl and give em to you guy's !

Posted by Roxas23857

Yeah you should talk about this stuff in the pokemon thread. Thanks. I just don't want you to get kicked off vgchat.

Posted by Average n00b

Getting Pearl on the 29th for my birthday. I have a side that's looking foward to it and a side that's not.

Good: It's Pokemon, I heard it was decent.
Bad: I HAAAATE the new pokemon.

Posted by veritas

They have to make new pokemon or no one will buy it. Thats why pokemon stays fresh even though the games are basically all the same.

Posted by Phantom75230

i got pearl. not much difference btween the versions. im also gonna get diamond and whatevr the "middle" version, i think the name is Quartz

Posted by Roxas23857

What are you talking about? There isn't a middle game...is there?

Posted by Arcadios

It's possible.
I wished they had remade Yellow like they did with Red and Blue. :(

Posted by Phantom75230

I Kinda want them to remake gold and silver

Posted by Roxas23857

Quoting Arcadios: It's possible.
I wished they had remade Yellow like they did with Red and Blue. :(

That would be awsome but then they might call it Thunder Yellow or Lightning Yellow or something oh well it would be awsome!!

Quoting Phantom75230: I Kinda want them to remake gold and silver

I loved Silver and Gold because you could go to both Kanto and Johto!!! They should do this!!!

Posted by Phantom75230

it would be cool if they made a game where you could travel to every region. it may take a while, but it would be worth it.

Posted by karateteen14

i got pearl yesterday because my cousin got diamond and we trade a lot. Anyway the game is awsome and i love it.

Posted by rellyms

did any 1 here beat diamond/pearl

Posted by michael3746

hey got ur poke diamond code here is my poke pearl code 451075145566 reply w/ time u wanna go and do stuff on wifi

Posted by michael3746

whtcha need to know ?

Posted by MysticWolf

I got pearl May 31st and I didn't play it for like a month and then Like 2 days ago I got addicted to it. THen I was playing it untill like 3:30 AM this morning and I was just Playing and playing it... And Then I got bored. And went to sleep... The Only reason I got Addicted to it was because I learned about Wifi... I just figured it out two days ago weird................

Posted by 7Yoshi7

I could kik all ur asses at pokemon

Posted by cool gamer dad

I bet!!

Posted by metalrouge906

if u guys want to fight me on pokemon give me your code and here is mine 2663 9025 1883

Posted by metalrouge906

if u want to fight on pokemon give me your code heres mine 2663 9025 1883

Posted by metalrouge906

bring it yoshi fag cocky pice of crap

Posted by Colonel

Wow there are alot of people I have never seen on VGC befor in this thread. Newbies I mean. :cookie:

Posted by Pokekid

I LOVE POKEMON!
i live in the uk and diamond and pearl come out in 5 days!!!!!
i can't wait!!!!!! LUCARIO RULES.
p.s whats ure fave pokemon?

Posted by Pokekid

who here has diamond and pearl..oh wait i guess u all do. what wood u give it out of 10???

Posted by Pokekid

who wood win? Dialga or lucario,pikachu,charizard and grotle? cos i have no idea

Posted by Pokekid

just send a quick message if ya even online?

Posted by jarhead26

Quoting Pokekid: I LOVE POKEMON!
i live in the uk and diamond and pearl come out in 5 days!!!!!
i can't wait!!!!!! LUCARIO RULES.
p.s whats ure fave pokemon?

My fav has to be lucario.All the way the eygptian bad boy has finnaly come!!My other favorite has to be my swampert!And finally my last favroite is my combusken!they all rule

Posted by jarhead26

Quoting metalrouge906: if u want to fight on pokemon give me your code heres mine 2663 9025 1883

here's my code 3437-0178-3957 holla at jar head when your ready!

Posted by jarhead26

Quoting metalrouge906: if u guys want to fight me on pokemon give me your code and here is mine 2663 9025 1883
what's your name and i got your code

Posted by Angie23

wat is ur code used for and how do i add you? do you know where to find the hm to push boulders?

Posted by Angie23

Quoting metalrouge906: if u want to fight on pokemon give me your code heres mine 2663 9025 1883

where do i put your code at?

Posted by Luigi61289

the friend code is use so that people that you want to trade with can pick you out of the many people world wide it's basically to have an easy trading time.

as for where to put it in the key items pocket of your bag you should have a pal pad you register it on there,

like mine for example 2492 1118 1859 you add that as the number and it will ask do you want to register it you say yes and there it is

Posted by omegga

please anyone!!!! how the **** do i fight the 5th gym leader Fantina!? i cant find the ***** anywhere!!!!!

GameFAQs, use it.

Posted by omegga

my lord arn't you useful?!

Posted by Luigi61289

it's the steel gym is it not? if so use fire as some steel are also part ground have a water on standby also

Posted by Luxraydude

on their last game i fink thy shud make a game like vat an make it as perfect
and addictable as possible an put on like side missions like on pkmn mystery dungeon blue an red so the game never ends and stays addictable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Posted by Luxraydude

on the pal pad in yr key item poket yu just put the frend cod in dont think iv
got 1 Angie il tell yu wen i find out

Posted by Luxraydude

omegga its vry simple if yu choos v right type dark phychic ghost types or a
normal type with odour sleuth and a strong fighting or normal attack giga blast hyper beam yu can get hyper beam from v department store

Posted by Luxraydude

on pokemon diamond and pearl does anyone know if yu can get the aura ticket mystaic ticket etc from the mystery gift option

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]I got the pearl version. Played up to the pokemon champion, lost, and got really sick of power leveling really fast and haven't played the game again in several months.

Also, I love dead topics.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Luigi61289

well horray for you.

and no you can not get the hoenn gifts of diamond and pearl to get deoxys etc get it from that game or trade

Posted by whoop77

hey do u need a charmander?

Posted by magikage

PEARL IS THE BEST i dont care what you say bring it on palkia is so better than dialga. palkia can attack without recharging dialga has to recharge sp boo whhoooo

Posted by David M. Awesome

Steel/Dragon > Water/Dragon.

Of course, Giratina is better than both of them. ****ing Ghost/Dragon.

Posted by magikage

scooby doo

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Mr. Awesome: Steel/Dragon > Water/Dragon.

Of course, Giratina is better than both of them. ****ing Ghost/Dragon.

i agree steel/dragon > water/dragon

Posted by bdm pkmn master

I already have Pearl and beatin it and gotten all the ledgendarys in all of pkmn bottomline u run out of things to after u get the national dex exept catching pkmn but dont get your hopes up u will NEVER be as good as me!!!!

I already have Pearl and beatin it and gotten all the ledgendarys in all of pkmn bottomline u run out of things to after u get the national dex exept catching pkmn but dont get your hopes up u will NEVER be as good as me!!!!

I have had Pearl for a while now PEARL Is better!! get it u retards

Posted by Apathetic

I just got my 4th badge, who wants my rad bidoof?

Posted by bdm124

all i know is im bored with mine ive done practically everythig ecept catch all the pokemon but im working on it also i love naaruto bleach dbz inuyasha full metal and pokemon if you want to talk bdm124

Posted by bdm124

dude your like the only one who has been on this thing in the last 2 months but im new but i know alot need anything about anime or pokmn i know oswaldothelegnd