Kurt Vonnegut dies :(

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

What ****es me off is that he'll get less news coverage than Anna Nicole Smith. Sad times are these

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/04/12/obit.vonnegut.ap/index.html

Posted by Xenos

*******it. I thought my week couldn't get worse - I always loved his random non sequitors and dark humor ... sigh ... there goes. Its ironic because me and my friend was looking for a book of his just awhile ago and I was reading SH5. :(

Rest in peace, happy friend.

Posted by Raptor

I disagree- wait, why is this in the war board?

Posted by Arwon

First Hunter S Thompson and now this. I'm down to one out of my 4 big psych-scape altering authors still being alive (Douglas Coupland).

So it goes.

Posted by Stalolin

Aw man. No more Vonnegut makes for a sad, sad day.

[quote=Xenos;566445]*******it. I thought my week couldn't get worse - I always loved his random non sequitors and dark humor ... sigh ... there goes. Its ironic because me and my friend was looking for a book of his just awhile ago and I was reading SH5. :(

Rest in peace, happy friend.

Funny thing is, my friend just came to me yesterday and told me he had started reading Cat's Cradle.

And as a note, Vonnegut was 84. In Timequake, he stated that Kilgore Trout died at 84. :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Well, at least he had a long life. Still a shame though; great author.

Posted by veritas

Wow we were just reading some of his books in english just recently. I think it was Harrison Bergeron.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Goodnight, sweet prince.

I've read a fair deal of vonneguts stuff, and I loved pretty much everything I read. I still need to get around to Man without a Country though.

Posted by Poco

this just in:

apparently diana moonglampers shot him in the dentist office.

Posted by Shade

My brother had an hour of silence for him.

I've only read a couple short stories, both were excellent, though.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Kurt Vonnegut..? Dead? Say it isn't so, say it isn't so... That SUCKS.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Welcome to four months ago,

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

THREAD NECRO...man...cy???

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Oh. Woops, didn't catch that. *Walks away, slowly* I don't get out much, okay?