Jeff Buckley

Posted by Omni

A very talented singer-songwriter from the 1990's, he drowned during the recording of his second album. His first album, Grace, has since become a cult favorite, perhap owing to his unique style of alternative folk rock, and the finished songs from his second album were released with the demos under the title of Sketches For My Sweetheart, The Drunk. His music varies at times between intricate arrangements and minimalistic acoustic songs. His voice is also amazing.

He is recognized by his comtemporaries as a skilled songwriter, and his work has been influential on many artists that came after him, the most prominent of which is Matthew Bellamy of Muse, who cites him as his primary creative influence.

I uploaded Grace a while back, but the link is surely dead now. Anyway, has anyone else heard his music? I guess I could upload that again along with the finished songs from his second album.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I heard a few Jeff Buckley songs, back in the early 90's. I'd love to hear more though.

Posted by Omni

Okay, I'll upload stuff later on. I hope more people than just you will download it, because it's amazing stuff, in my opinion.