Annex Gametype

Posted by Fate

Gears of War got a patch a couple of days ago which fixed a couple of the issues people were having, including some glitches that hindered fair gameplay. The real big deal with what came with the patch, though, is the new gametype called "Annex". And holy crap, it's amazing.

Annex is like a territory game, except you don't have to stand in the territory to keep the claim. If the opposing team gets past your team once you have a territory, you have to rely on your team to take them out. I like it since it's still team-oriented but you can still be alone and take out a bunch of people. Only one territory can be controlled at one time. And for all you still stuck on Halo, you get infinite respawns in this gametype only.

Also, if you're going for Leaderboards, stick with the normal gametypes, because the kills in Annex are only 2 points, not 25. The kill count stays the same, though, so it's good to rack up the for the "Seriously..." Achievement.

Word of advice: Don't play more than five rounds or you'll be in a match for well over an hour. Bigger maps take longer, obviously. Some maps have more territories to cover, so you'll do a little bit of running.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Annex is like a territory game, except you don't have to stand in the territory to keep the claim.

I can't recall the last territory game that made you physically stand in the controlled area.

Anywho, I actually might go back to playing Gears now. Maybe. I haven't decided yet. Still, this is what Gears needed, a gametype that was actually different.

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I can't recall the last territory game that made you physically stand in the controlled area.

One of the more recent James Bond games, I forget which though.

Posted by Creedence

[QUOTE=Vampiro V. Empire;566064]I can't recall the last territory game that made you physically stand in the controlled area.[\QUOTE]

One of the more recent James Bond games, I forget which though.

Posted by Fate

I don't really remember, but didn't Halo have that problem?

Anyways, Annex is by far the best gametype on Gears.

Posted by Last Fog

I'm honestly not a big fan of this. I played two matches and it mostly comes down to just non-stop shotgun battles and the team with the host is most likely gonna win.

Quoted post: One of the more recent James Bond games, I forget which though.

James Bond games have online? Hahaha.

Quoted post: I don't really remember, but didn't Halo have that problem?

Anyways, Annex is by far the best gametype on Gears.

Didn't play enough Halo to notice. Though, the vast majority of "territory-type" games usually just require you to stand in the area until the spot is captured then the team is able to run off and take up better positions.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'd play some Gears. I suck, but I'd play.

p.s. I hate the shotgun.

Quoted post: I'd play some Gears. I suck, but I'd play.

Wanna play some tomorrow? Because I'm not going to bother unless it's with someone I know. It's boring playing with random fags.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Last Fog: I'm honestly not a big fan of this. I played two matches and it mostly comes down to just non-stop shotgun battles and the team with the host is most likely gonna win.

!!!

You haven't been playing with the right people! Raven Down is the shotgun frenzy map, and it happens to be my favorite. Host advantage is practically unfair at Raven Down, so if you're worried about it try to avoid that map.

The people I play with use every weapon ever and we totally rock. I just make random matches and invite the best players to the next match in hopes they could find the room ('cause you can't invite to Ranked matches!!!). We just carry on and pick up players as time passes. It's the best gametype to play if you've got great team mechanics.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Wanna play some tomorrow? Because I'm not going to bother unless it's with someone I know. It's boring playing with random fags.

I can be on at about 7PM PST... I dunno if you're working or whatever.

Quoted post: The people I play with use every weapon ever and we totally rock. I just make random matches and invite the best players to the next match in hopes they could find the room ('cause you can't invite to Ranked matches!!!). We just carry on and pick up players as time passes. It's the best gametype to play if you've got great team mechanics.

Invite me into one of these matches, like, tomorrow. Both Stinger and I. You can put us on the other team because we'll probably suck something fierce. Everybody wins!

Quoted post: I can be on at about 7PM PST... I dunno if you're working or whatever.

I never work that late. That's like, 10 my time. So yeah, totally.

Posted by cool gamer dad

YEAH LET'S PLAY SOME GEARS

Ima' add Fate or something.

She better be on :mad:

Posted by Fate

I'll be on all day tomorrow.

I'm ranked in the 600s in Annex right now. Tough ****.
:(

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'm not gonna be on tomorrow or Saturday. :(

Wow, so Annex sucks. Stinger and I just had a go out at it... not that great. It just reconfirmed that Gears sucks.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Was about to edit my post. Yeah, Annex... best gametype? Try worst. Gaaaaaaaarbage.

Seriously, ****ing garbage. It was so bad it made me go back to CoD2. Turns out, that game is still ****ing awesome.

Posted by Fate

Wow, you guys are totally not part of the 360 community. Faggots. :(

Have you seen the 360 community? That's a compliment, if anything. I'll still play Gears though. All games ended around 27 to 300 in favour of the opponents, but it's still fun assuming I have someone to laugh at Gears with.

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: James Bond games have online? Hahaha.

Nope, but It has multiplayer, with friends and stuff.

Territories with four people? FUN STUFF!

Posted by Fate

You're still gay. :(

Posted by muffla

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I can't recall the last territory game that made you physically stand in the controlled area.

Domination in the original unreal tournamen also made by epic

haven played annex though hope to soon

Quoted post: You're still gay.

How about you invite me to a game then and show me how awesome it can be, huh? Turns out, I'm not all that bad at Gears. I mean, I'm bad, but I do my job.

Posted by Fate

Okay, in that moment I host an unranked match, it's on. You can be on my team so you could see how it's done. :)

I'll make sure to drag your entire team down.

Posted by Creedence

Remember, Shotgun > Chainsaw, unless you can't aim worth a ****.

Yeah... I know how to play I just never play it. Which is, like, 90% of the equation.

Posted by cool gamer dad

So we're actually not so bad at Gears now.

Turns out, when you're using the shotgun don't aim.

But seriously, we stopped playing Rainbow Six because we saw you get online, Fate. We get into Gears, and you're suddenly all "lol pinata!" and don't even bother playing at least one game with us? I see how it is. You'll probably delete us both off your list now because "we never play any games with you." Yeah, it's cool. Whatever, champ.

But Gears still sucks.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Haha, you were using the LT? Wow.

The Lancer is starting to become more useful, especially with an active reload before a fight. It drops people ultra quick if you actually land the shots, but it's hard to because of the gay latency problems.

And Fate isn't on my friends list. lol

Oh, POINT STANDS

And yeah, I kinda thought, you know, AIMING would be more accurate than just shooting from the hip. lol real-world logic my mistake

Posted by cool gamer dad

It is more accurate, but it makes you a sitting duck in a shotgun fight.

Posted by Fate

aiming in a shotgun battle lol

I ****ing love Viva. Little animal hitty things.
:(

It's not accurate at all. It at least doesn't do as much damage. Seriously, the first few games I played that's all I used and it took a few shots to even do anything. Then I never bothered with the last few games and pretty much ever shot was a kill.

Quoted post: I ****ing love Viva. Little animal hitty things.

Yeah, I grew tired of it. After it took a few hours to get this one pinata into the garden so he could do something for some other pinata, but before it could, some other ***** walked right in and killed it. I was like "wow, **** this ****"

Posted by Fate

Well, if you aim with a shotgun it's best if you are coming up by surprise or facing someone relatively ****ty at the game. I don't think it does more damage while you aim. The damage is dictated by your own shot accuracy and active reloads.

Also, if you're hosting a match, every shot you get should be a kill or you suck.

Quoted post: I don't think it does more damage while you aim. The damage is dictated by your own shot accuracy and active reloads.

I never said it did more damage if you aim, rather the opposite. It seems like if you don't aim you have a higher chance of getting a one-shot kill. Even if both are placed really well. Just seems a little lame.

And yeah, host advantage is rampant in that game. Too bad I live in Canada, otherwise I'd host the **** out of every game I play. I can just imagine Stinger trying to play one of my games.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Wouldn't be too much worse than playing on a NJ host. Well, maybe in Rainbow 6. I'd have to lead my shots 7 feet in Gears. ;_;

edit: seven video game feet.

edit: meow meow meow meow... meow meow meow.

You only ***** about lag when you're doing bad. I never hear "oh *** the lag is so bad" when you're 36 and 7.

meow meow meow... meow

Posted by cool gamer dad

I only do bad when it lags.

Your logic shows no flaws.

So yeah, your buying the map pack tomorrow, k? And we're playing Gears soon. I'm in the mood for it.

Posted by Fate

Buying map packs?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Hey guys, so I forgot to buy me some shame bucks today. Again. I can play Gears though. Yeah. Gears.

Oh, and I played some Rainbow Six 3 last night. Way too hard of a game to play. Especially without tracers, jeez.

Posted by Fate

I was going to invite Vampiro to a game, but he's gay and plays Rainbow Six. :(

Quoted post: I was going to invite Vampiro to a game, but he's gay and plays Rainbow Six.

Just invite me anyways, I'll join. Stinger will probably come over with me. I need to play more Gears since I'm starting to get just a bit better each time.

Quoted post: Buying map packs?

Rainbow Six, new pack came out and Stinger's a fag.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I swear I was gonna buys some today, but I forgot. I always forget. **** me. ;_;

I wish you could transfer points to other people. Because I totally would. I have about 2,000 still and I doubt I'll use them any time soon.