Which Next-Gen system is your favorite?

Posted by Axis

[B]So the next generation of systems is finally here, and I am one of the few out there that owns all three of them. But I just wanted to know what you guys like the best out of all three that are out. I think it's obvious that most are going to say the Wii, seeing as we

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

360 by an incredibly large amount. I've been using a friends Wii since launch... and even then I haven't touched it in a very long while. There's just nothing to play and the games that are out are terrible for the most part. Hopefully this thursday Super Paper Mario will give me a reason to power it on again. As for the PS3, haven't even bought it yet. No games, way too expensive, nothing improved over the 360 yet.

But yeah, 360. Live alone puts it over the rest. Like Axis said, there's at least a huge title every month for the remainder of the year with multiple massive games coming up in the next six months. Plus, Achievements: greatest thing to hit video games in over ten years.

Posted by Zeta

DS...

In before 'handhelds don't count' or some ****.

Speedy - of course handhelds don't count. Nintendo's winning that arena.

It's pretty much implied that we're not talking about handhelds, Speedy.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

My favorite next-gen system is whatever Nintendo comes up with next, most likely. Wii, X-box 360, and ps3 are current gen, now.

Posted by Axis

Whatever, smartass.

Posted by Last Fog

I think it's still way too early to choose, because as of now both the Wii and PS3 don't have anything going for them yet. They each have one good game and even then nothing spectacular, just good. The 360 has a decent handful now of terrific games, and as far as I'm concerned Xbox live totally blows anything the others are offering out of the water.

However I think the 360 will remain my favorite simply for Xbox live, I love how interactive and intuitive it is, and the summer to the end of the year shows big promise in terms of blockbuster games.

Posted by NeXidala

For the reasons mentioned above and others I'm also going with the XBOX360.

Games for the other to consoles are such depressing disappointments it almost makes you want to take away from the actual consoles themsleves. But alas, a console has all the potential while games only raise it's popularity.

The PS3 has had no memorable games in my opinion yet. Over-pricing and bad performance bashing only makes a buyer less lenient towards this system. But just like the PS2, I'm sure once productions for initutive games begin, and prices drop, the PS3 will definately be one of people's favorites.

The Wii has the same problem as the PS3. All the potential in the world but no good games to snag peoples attentions and raise it's popularity. I think the only real memorable game the Wii has out right now is Zelda. But, there are some really good titles coming up and if they can keep it flowing the Wii will be one of the most common names when people will be considering what to buy.

The XBOX360 on the other hand, has had a great start with many refreshing titles springing early for it. Many titles that bring long hours of enjoyment pop into our heads when we think of this console and I'm sure this doesn't just happen to me. So for now, with the Wii and the PS3 having a slow start, the XBOX360 is my favorite.

Posted by Big Boss

Xbox 360. With its lineup of more and better games, both downloadable and packaged, as well as Achievements and its wealth of online features, it's easily the best system at the moment.

The PS3 and Wii have little to play right now, although I'm looking forward to more PS3 games than Wii games. It'll get better for both once time passes by, but we have yet to see if both systems will have as many quality games as the 360 one day.

Posted by s0ul

360. Wii's sucking pretty hard, but PS3 sucks as hard and costs infinity billion dollars. 360's hardly got any good games yet either, save a couple, but it's not even a contest right now.

Posted by Creedence

Xbox 360 for now. Once I get my hands on a PS3 I might change my mind, seeing as how I liked the PS2 more than the XBox. I would like to have both, to experience the pros and cons of both systems. But that'll have to wait till the PS3 gets cheaper.

Posted by Cruxis

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Okay, first of all I'm not bragging or anything. Just wanted to establish that first.

but-

I'm one of those people actually already [no really] own a PSP, DS, Wii, PS3 & XB360. None of the Bull-terds lying about it like most.

[I bought my PS3 in Jan 9th, Wii on Feb 16th and actually bought my first XBOX360 on Mar 19th of last month]

Although I truley enjoy my Wii (I play my gamecube games, Wii sports with friends over and Zelda:Twilight Princess), and although given the fact that I still havent gotten over the [New-ness] of my XBOX360 and the awsome graphics of [GEARS OF WAR] (Thats 1 of 3 games I bought at WALMART with it). I have to say, my favorite Console is the Playstation 3. I know the graphics are not particularly amazing right now, but neither was the 360's when it first came out. I also acknowledge there are some major flaws in the actual console: such as the fact that [Resistance: Fall of Man] used only 120MB of my 55GB's of free HDD space while some of my other games like [Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION] (which I bought two weeks ago) can occupy upwards of 4600MB...per save (just so you know I have three saves and my Console has already started to show signs of stutter and glitching due to the lack in HDD Space)!!! Lest we not forget to mention the 45 Minute Firmware Updates that must be installed every month (a new monthly updated version is convently encoded in each and every NEW Title). Leaving people who buy games frequently, taking a hour out of my life each time I buy a new game to update my Console's OS. Not to mention that the Playstation tends to over-heat and weigh's alone more than 2 combined XBOX's!!!

Yet, all that a side: with free Online Service, Downloads (including a vast collection of Free Demos & ect.), The ability to play all my favorite PS2 titles, Blu-ray Movie playability, Comprible Enternet Browser and even the ability to Rip, Trasfer and Store Movies, Videos, Photos and Music, not to mention the PSP Connect option that lets you play PSP games on you're Big screen. I think I personally have enough faith in the PS3. And I say give it a year or two (like 360 did) and you will see games that look and play better than anything you'll see on 360 or PC for that matter. It just takes time.....lots and lots of time (Fingers crossed for FFXIII, DMC4, RE5 and MGS4).

So in conclusion:
Playstation 3 = My favorite console, and absolutly worth the $780 Price tag (that's after taxes and waruntee, which you better get, cause it costs as much to get the thing fixed if somthing happens as it did to buy the actual console). [Note to Sony: Next time include the HDMI cable....in the box...you know, for free.]

[Much love to my Wii and 360 though: Zelda and Halo Being among My Top 3 Favorite Game Franchises][/FONT]

Posted by Unite

well i own all 3

1. Xbox360 nice list of games for this system out off all current gen systems. I have also bought the most games for it compared to the others. Nice system little disapointed in only up to 1080i support. Own 8 games currently

2. PS3 , even thou Armored core is also out for 360 i bought it for the ps3 instead. The blue ray player helps pass time till new games come out. Own 4 games , 2 blue ray movies need to by more movies

3. wii, Nice system for a dirt cheap price, isn't able to take avantage of my 1080p hd tv tho. Hopefully this system will have some jrpg i like. Own 6 games sofar

Posted by Colonel

Buy the HD cables if you want 'em so bad.

Quoted post: 2. PS3 , even thou Armored core is also out for 360 i bought it for the ps3 instead.

Too bad it was such a bad game.

Posted by Fate

360, because it is an established home console.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Too bad it was such a bad game.

I'm huge fan of armored core games , what didn't u like?

Posted by Dexter

Xbox 360. It's been out long enough to establish itself. It contains a far larger library of great games. I currently play it more than any other system. Online features are fantastic and replay value is endless.

Although I'm definitely looking forward to more Wii games and perhaps a year from now, once the Wii library has culminated, it will become my favorite current gen system. Much of what happens rest upon its online establishment and gratification of significant upcoming games.

PS3 will get better too, hopefully.

Posted by veritas

Im gonna buy a ps3 eventually. Im turning 16 in 2 weeks so I wanna get a job and save up for a car. Id rather have a car than a ps3 at this moment. Plus eventually the price will go down and more games will come out. Im happy with my ps2 right now.

Quoted post: I'm huge fan of armored core games , what didn't u like?

Everything? Not only did it look terrible, but it played terrible. The only redeeming factor was actually building your mech, and even that was broken.

Posted by inequity

Definitly 360 first. There are so many good games and I'm hooked on getting achievements I can't imagine playing games without them. :(

Posted by Random

360 hands down. Its the only one i've felt thats worth purchasing. My neighbor has a PS3 and i'm not thrilled with it. Even he feels regret spending as much as he did to purchase it. And My cousin lent me his Wii and i've gotten bored of it long ago. The 360 has a great library already out with even more great titles soon coming. Not to mention I love playing a lot of the backwards compatible titles.

Quoted post: Definitly 360 first. There are so many good games and I'm hooked on getting achievements I can't imagine playing games without them.

It's sad because it's true. I was going to play an older Xbox game today and thought "what's the point if I'm not working towards an achievement." Wouldn't be the first time I thought something like that either. Kinda depressing in a way.

Posted by Bebop

DS for me.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Xbox 360 by far.