Wii game ideas

Posted by Vbty3

If you have any ideas for a Wii game post them here, please.

P.S. Illustrations ar encourage (-=

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Nintendo could greatly increase their market radius if they make a generic controler that doesn't use motion sensors to allow game developers as well as gamers who arn't big on moving around to make and play good old fashioned sit down and play games.

I like the Wii game but when my arms get cramped playing Red Steel, Far Cry or Tenkaichi 2 I have to switch to my PS2 (or any other older console, I used a rival companies name to make a point) to play something relaxing.

Posted by Dexter

I still haven't gotten cramped. Not even during Monkey Ball.

Posted by hybridassassin

Youve gotta be kidding me how fat do u have to be to get cramps from moving a controller around, seriously u have a maid get ur doritos for u, try not to die of a heart attack

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Keeping your arm extended and doing fast jerking wrist motions for 4 hours straight can indeed give you cramps, I'll attest to the fact Tenkaichi 2 can really start sting after a few hours.

all I'm saying is that as cool as the Wiimote is, there are still some games that just work better with an idle controler, and there are still companies that are affraid of the new technology but would still make classic style games for Wii if they had the means. But since posting that I've come to realise that the set up with a nunchuck can easly be made to play idley so a new controler would be moot, but they should let conpanies who don't want to use the new technology yet do it that way.

Posted by Drewboy64

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=21252

heh.

Posted by Vbty3

I've played Monkey Ball and DBZ: TK 2 5 hours striaght each and I haven't gotten cramps yet.

Posted by Swedish Metallurgy

My ideas for Wii games have been under development for, oh, say...3 years.
Sand Drifter was my first idea, then Iron War.

Sand Drifter
You are a soldier in the [Ancient] Egyptian Army named Whatever (insert your own name). You have a vision of the ***s telling you you have been selected by Osiris himself to fulfill your destiny: Destroy Set once and for all. How can one mortal take on Set? Well, for starters, you're a demi***. Second, you find powerful artifacts as you venture from pyramid/mastaba to pyramind/mastaba. So it's basically a Zelda with an Egyptian twist. And you have a spear.

Iron War
There are a lot of RTS's out there (I myself being an RTS fan), and I thought "There needs to be a game where you control the soldiers. Like actually live with the soldiers, move with the soldiers, and eat with the soldiers. Yes, eat. There are five speices to choose from, each with their own campaign. The Humans (based on Germans), Lerei (human-wolf people), Aav (freaking tall bird guys), Gylikuss (snakes with arms and no venom), and the Elicoi (as of yet, it's back to the drawing board for these guys). Each has their own history, but this alternate reality is sort of based on the Napoleonic Era.

I have other ideas, and I plan to make Iron War a HUGE franchise. Therefore, Iron War will be on all systems. Sand Drifter, though, will be on the Wii. The 360 is for shooters, and the PS3... Screw the PS3!
No copying! Thank you.

(If *** appears, the word is a synonym of deity. There!)

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Drewboy64: http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=21252

heh.

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Drewboy64/Tablet%20Pc/wiiboxarttemplate2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Drewboy64/Tablet%20Pc/wiiboxgame.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Swedish Metallurgy

Cool idea. Is this your own idea?

Posted by Drewboy64

yeah it is, thanks.

Posted by Poolking99

I love the SSB:M sig for the topic starter, makes me want to fire that game up.

I agree that they need to not FORCE developers to make "motion" games. I would rather they include it if they need to but most games seem to have motion sensing added as an afterthought. Hopefully some developers will take more advantage of the classic controller.

Posted by yodalicious

The one game that would be unique to Wii would be a good lightsaber battle game from Lucasarts. If Soul Caliber is to work on the machine I don't see why a Star Wars lightsaber game shouldn't.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting hybridassassin: Youve gotta be kidding me how fat do u have to be to get cramps from moving a controller around, seriously u have a maid get ur doritos for u, try not to die of a heart attack

Repetitive motion of just one part of your body over the course of an hour is plenty to cause fatigue in your arm or wrist, even if you're in fine shape. Everyone gets sore thumbs sometimes playing games that require rapid tapping and such, the Wiimote just opens the doors to aches in other areas.

I personally don't mind, but you can't argue with someone who just feels that it's not their cup of tea.

Anyway, I recall once reccomending a StarFox game you controlled by turning your Wiimote sideways, a la Super Paper Mario, and veering it down to go down, up to go up, et cetera. Or, perhaps for a game featuring older plane models, turn it vertical for the same effect.