My first real-life encounter with a Furry!

Posted by Noir

A new comic book/candy store just opened just next door to a Defensive Driving school I am currently attending.
With a group of my friends, I walked into the store. A girl we knew from school was currently working there, so we began to talk to her.
Mid-sentance, one of my friends tugged on my arm, wide-eyed, and whispered, "that kid has a wolf tail attached to his pants".
Sure enough, an acne-ridden, bespectacled young man with really long blonde hair he most-likely cut himself was talking to a bunch of acne-ridden, bespectacled young(er) women. He was wearing a wolf t-shirt.
I was later informed that this man was part of the comic-loving sub-culture known as the "furries".
Wow.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

There's a guy and a girl in my city that walks around downtown wearing cat ears and cat tails. Kids these days.

Posted by Omni

It reminds me of when I see kids with Inuyasha backpacks and Naruto headbands who want to talk to me about the virtues of various anime series.

Posted by Dexter

Oregon is filled with furries. I've met a few, but I don't really connect with any of them. I still enjoy having conversations with them and learning various aspects about their furryism. I've never gotten close to becoming friends with any of them. Sometimes they are overly-perverted. Other times they are just so incredibly odd that it makes it difficult to hold a decent conversation with them, or even be around them. They seem to crave attention but don't know what to do with it once they truly receive it.

Posted by Creedence

Glad we don't have them where I live. Yet. Everything is kind of slow moving in my town. We just now got our first couple emos.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Pretty Hate Machine;564439]It reminds me of when I see kids with Inuyasha backpacks and Naruto headbands who want to talk to me about the virtues of various anime series.
Panic..

[quote=Arcadios;564503]I saw a goth yesterday at a mall with cat ears.
Undoubtedly Panic..

Posted by Electrical Hazard

Do these ears and tails come from real animals?

Posted by Dexter

I think it would be ideal to have a real tail. Furry and red, much like a foxes tail. I often wonder how much more dexterous I could be with such an addition to my body. Imagine the extra drum moves I would be able to establish?

I've made a few costumes with tail additions. Sexy costumes, indeed.

Posted by The underground

I need you to makemesome costumes if u could. lol i like to feel like a sexy animal/ cartoon chrter

Posted by Raptor

wolfs rain is my favorite anime and and i luv it so much and i feel the need to show it to everyone by sewing a super kawaii wolf tail into my pants tee hee hee hee hee hee. OMG okami cutscene -_- *cut cut cut*

I'm surprised it shocked you so much. These people may as well be in the same category as those who adopt the hairstyles of their favourite anime characters and regularly enact mock battle scenes with their dorky friends while walking down the street. I don't mind seeing emo kids and anime otakus as long as I'm not forced to associate with them; they're great for amusement. Unfortunately, a great number of furries seem to be emotionally insecure and often deceptively shallow, and it seems the more keen they are on demonstrating how "furry" they are while walking around amongst complete strangers, the less they are worth getting to know. I have an exceptional appreciation for furry characters in general and am a huge fan of many in particular, but it's often pretty saddening to see how many people with substandard intelligence and a slew of personality deficiencies completely disgrace their favourite character by dressing up in a crappy costume meant to represent that character and acting like retards. And if it really was an anime that inspired you to start wearing furry ears and whining about we need to stop the senseless extermination of an endangered species, I hope you get eaten by one.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]I think it would be ideal to have a real tail. Furry and red, much like a foxes tail. I often wonder how much more dexterous I could be with such an addition to my body. Imagine the extra drum moves I would be able to establish?

Imagine how many times you'd get it caught in a closing door or something.

Posted by Roger Smith

I've never encountered a real furry, and I pray to god and whoever he's banging that it stays that way.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I think of tails as idiot flags. Like, some sort of mark screaming HEY BEAT THE **** OUT OF ME LOL.

Posted by Iris

The most I've seen is a fairly attractive Asian woman wearing cat ears.

Oh, and Chuck E. Cheese.

Posted by Fate

All jokes aside, I see real furries as spiritually tuned with animals. Wearing otakjunk in public locations is really stupid. At a convention or something it's okay because most people attending are otaku and most things anime-related are fine. But jeez, when I see people wearing the cat ears and tail while shopping for groceries-- often and being the same people-- I just label them otaku nerds.

There's a friggin' limit to how much stupidity I can look at, you know.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Zeta: Imagine how many times you'd get it caught in a closing door or something.

Nah, just tuck it in. Better yet, use the tail to open and close the door. Or you could keep the tail hidden in your pants.

Posted by Linko_16

Wearing stuff that sticks out like that is horrible. I remember when I dressed up as Astaroth for Halloween last year... I glued those little pointed cups to a lavender shirt, and they got caught in doorframes every time I walked through one.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Raptor: wolfs rain is my favorite anime

that was an amazing show. But those "Furry" people need to die, they are so gay. I don't know any furries IRL, but I do have Otaku nerds, which is better than furries, but it's still bad >.>

Posted by Linko_16

There's a furry on ZeldaPower I have to deal with regularly. He's eighteen, but quite literally has the brainpower of an eleven-year-old. He's the kind of furry who zealously advertises his furriness ([url=http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i195/kovu115/furrysig.jpg]his sig picture[/url]), thinks there's nothing sexual about [url=http://www.sidian.net/kyan.jpg]this kind of picture[/url], screams fursecution when mocked and believes he has a blue-eyed white lion as a spirit guardian.

I don't really mind furries as a group, but there are some that choose to subscribe to such ridiculous faiths with no clear understanding of anything in this world, how can I not make fun of them?

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Linko_16: thinks there's nothing sexual about [url=http://www.sidian.net/kyan.jpg]this kind of picture[/url]

No tits, boner or anus visible, definitely nothing sexual about it. Rated G.

Quoting Tiptoegecko: that was an amazing show. But those "Furry" people need to die, they are so gay. I don't know any furries IRL, but I do have Otaku nerds, which is better than furries, but it's still bad >.>

So much irony in this post I don't even know where to begin.

Posted by Dexter

I think I should mention that I know a lot of girls who wear the cat-ears because they think it's cute and fashionable while knowing nothing about and caring very little for anime in general. Girls that don't watch anime still wear the cat-ears around here, to school or work or whatever else. It's just a fashion accessory to them.

Posted by veritas

I wanna take their tail and choke em

Posted by Oforia

There's this hot girl that used to work with me that wore a cat-ear headband. I just got used to it. She never really talked about furry animals as a whole. I think she just liked cats.

Posted by Slade

At the high school here being emo, furry, nerdy, and otaku seem to go hand in hand. One group, in particular, usually has the typical hair and dress of emos. The guys in the group are usually talking about anime or playing Magic cards, and the girls are all fat goths who wear these cat ear headbands that don't even fit their fat heads.

I actually can't think of a single case of a furry or extreme nerd who is exclusively furry or nerdy. 'Tis a shame. :(

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Raptor: No tits, boner or anus visible, definitely nothing sexual about it. Rated G.

Oh, right. So next time I see a picture like [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Linko_16/1172787985537.jpg]this[/url], I'll just think to myself "hmm, the artist was probably doing an experiment to see how the fabric of tight shorts rested on a girl's buttocks."

Posted by Zeta

Next time I look at tentacle hentai, I'll think... ... Ah hell, I have no clue how to try and cover that. :(

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Zeta: Next time I look at tentacle hentai, I'll think... ... Ah hell, I have no clue how to try and cover that. :(

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Linko_16: Oh, right. So next time I see a picture like [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Linko_16/1172787985537.jpg]this[/url], I'll just think to myself "hmm, the artist was probably doing an experiment to see how the fabric of tight shorts rested on a girl's buttocks."

In that picture, the focus is squarely on her fat, hideous rear end, whereas in the previous image, it was simply a nude anthropomorphic figure. Even though it's commonly known that furries are very sexual, there is nothing necessarily sexually suggestive about it. Perhaps it is meant to be merely an elegant pose.

Posted by Fate

Cat-ear headbands are super dumb. Doesn't matter how attractive someone is.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

Quoting Fate: Cat-ear headbands are super dumb. Doesn't matter how attractive someone is.

Yeah it makes someone look they have four ears

I'm trying to look for a definition of a furry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

Posted by cool gamer dad

I like sum kitty ears. ^_______________^

On cats. Unless it's a really good-looking woman! But still, take that **** off.

edit: no, not a pair of kitty ears on a cat. then it'd have, like, four ears, which is kinda' weird. And no, not an actual pair of kitty ears on a cat, to where it would have four REAL kitty ears, in which case i'd be like "awwww kityyyyyyyyy ^__________^ eww wtf get away from me". Unless it was born with four ears...

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Linko_16:

That's a magnificent-looking suit. I admire the craftsmanship that goes into some of those costumes. If I had those kinds of skills, I would definitely want to wear it and show it off.

Posted by Dexter

Showing off your sexy, furry body is different from showing off your creative craftsman skills.

Posted by Klarth

Back home in Blighty the chav subculture reigns supreme (in my area, anyway). "Goth" kids usually wind up getting slashed on trains, but I'm seeing a rise in emo-dressed people from down the road. Disturbing and hilarious.

You ****ing americans take your subculture **** way too ****ing seriously. **** you.

Posted by Dexter

Klarth, you and your silly Clockwork Orange inspired Blights take your punky Sex Pistols and preposterous 70s glam way too seriously. I mean, come on, what the heck is an essex girl anyway?

Posted by Slade

Regardless of how fat and stupid you might look wearing cat ears, the truth is...

Everybody wants to be a cat.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Say it to someone who gives a ****. I spent the past two years of my life living with a girl, obsessing religiously on looking like a different person everyday. Most of the time, she wanted to be a cat. At first I sensed it as individualism, then it grew ever so tired to the point where now I look back and think of her a dumb retarded ****.. that obsessed over looking like a childish moron.

Posted by Noir

His wolf tail had a tag sticking out of it, yet he still was hesitant about answering me how he stuck it on. I suppose that question brought him down to reality for a bit that yes, he WAS still human.
(He applied it by looping it around his belt loop, not by sticking it up his arse, as I had first thought)

Posted by junior senior

i saw a kid walking around my school with a tail sticking out of his pants
then on last friday in school this girl wore easter bunny ears
then last year this girl in my class used to wear the headband, somebody wrote on it so she got a music note one

i hate my school :(

Posted by G-Sides

;s i've never seen it go as far as 'tails' here. there're two girls in my drama class that obsess over manga, japanese musics, cat ears, and naruto. one of them brings in her laptop and used to sit there and watch malice mizer and anime in the spare time until mr. deavers told her to quit :\

Posted by netman

I have a friend in the city I live in who I'm pretty sure is a furry.

couldn't care less, really.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I dont care if someones a furry, just like I dont care if someone is straight, gay, bisexual, muslim, xtian, etc. Its only when they're like HEY GAIS IMMA FURRY LOL FURSECUTION FURSONALITY etc that it goes from "this is who i am" to "please dear *** pay attention to me"

Posted by Dexter

See, I might do that online at time, for the gimmick, for the giggles, for the annoyance, or for whatever reason, but in real life, it’s something that's usually kept to myself and when it does come up, not many people know anything about it anyway. I doubt Raptor goes around flaunting his furryness to the world. I couldn't imagine him doing that at all. Why would he care if people knew? That's just not our style.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If you dont care if people know, then shut the hell up about it online.

theres a word for people that talk **** online and cant back it up in real life. Its called PUSSY.

Posted by Dexter

No. I'm not scared about talking about it offline. I'd openly admit it and discuss it with whoever whenever. I don't have problems with it. I'm incredibly content in my ways. The discussion simply doesn't present itself offline like it does online. You guys bring it up far more than I do. I'll indulge myself in discussions when it comes up, but I'm not going around making threads about it, ostentatiously presenting my furryism like a devoted buffoon.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Any use of substituting fur for per (fursonality, fursona, etc) constitutes an ostentatious presentation of furryism.

stop fursecuting him

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I say we should all just furget about it, and move on!

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Dexter;568150]No. I'm not scared about talking about it offline. I'd openly admit it and discuss it with whoever whenever. I don't have problems with it. I'm incredibly content in my ways. The discussion simply doesn't present itself offline like it does online. You guys bring it up far more than I do. I'll indulge myself in discussions when it comes up, but I'm not going around making threads about it, ostentatiously presenting my furryism like a devoted buffoon.

That's such a Furvent thing to say..

Posted by Linko_16

I will remember this thread furever.

Posted by Raptor

Supercalifuragilisticexpialidocious.

Posted by Tyler Durden

This thread, shall not last beyond another furtnight..

Posted by Dexter

This reminds me of the film Mystery Men, mostly The Blue Raja.

Quoted post: May the forks be with us.

Quoted post: I say, what the fork! Let's do it!

Quoted post: I hope you can fork-give if we fork-get

[IMG]http://flakmag.com/film/images/mysterymen.jpg[/IMG]

What a terrible movie.

Posted by Bebop

Furries are dumb lol

Posted by Lord of Spam

Loved it.

Posted by Bebop

Mystery Men is awesome. You leave Mystery Men out of this Vamp!

Posted by Dexter

Man, I must have watched that film over 20 times with various people during the first two months it came out. My buddy enjoyed it and wanted to share it with everyone. Haven't seen it for years now. I really should rewatch it sometime. I'd probably hate it now.

Yeah... I've probably seen it that many times. It was played on TV non stop back in the day.

Posted by Linko_16

Seeing a movie that often would ruin it for me no matter what it is. I remember when Shrek came out on DVD it was so popular that they would show it at any party we went to, any time a teacher was absent, et cetera, to the point where it's just painful to see it again unless it's been a very long time since my last viewing.

Same goes for Monster's Inc, now that I think of it.

I only saw Monster's Inc, like, three times. Which was still more than necessary.

Posted by Fate

Speaking of furry things, I recently purchased a dodostyle rabbit ear hoodie. This one, to be exact:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/end_Fate/Wallpapersetc/hoodie.png[/IMG]

It's got to be the cutest thing I've ever bought.

Posted by Ant

Seems like it would look good on a tall girl...are you tall Fate? :)

Posted by Fate

Even if it goes past my knees it'll be cute.

Posted by Slade

That's actually a really cool hoody. Not sure what I think about the ears on it, though... But when you wear it, you have to hop everywhere you go. FACT

Posted by Fate

Japanese dodostyle is like a super-popular fashion trend (in Japan, of course). I guess you could equate it to scene kids in the U.S. or something. Not emo, just really scene.

Posted by Tyler Durden

According to Wikipedia, all of us are scene.

Nevermind, the article was removed.

Quoted post: I guess you could equate it to scene kids in the U.S. or something.

Our scene kids suck though. There's probably do to, but not as much.

Posted by Fate

The scene kids I knew were a little dumb, yeah, but their intellect doesn't matter when it comes to their general appearance. Eccentric fashions are nice, so long as you do it in a trendy way and not an over-the-top emopunk way by mixing hot pink with black. Ew, gross. :(

Posted by Tyler Durden

I just loath the aspect of guys trying to look like girls (but over doing it); excessive hair frosting/highlighting and layering with unnatural cropping, over-the top tightass pants (which might I add, hurt my balls just looking at them), and silly babydoll tees. That fashion sense died after the mid-to late 90's when hair metal was starting to collapse. And now, we have a new generation of trendy assfags with better hair than Meg Ryan and Sebastian Bach.. combined.

Quoted post:
The scene kids I knew were a little dumb, yeah, but their intellect doesn't matter when it comes to their general appearance. Eccentric fashions are nice, so long as you do it in a trendy way and not an over-the-top emopunk way by mixing hot pink with black. Ew, gross.

Too bad scene appearance is pretty terrible. Plus, hot pink and black is trendy. Plus, scene is a very specific trend, and there's tons of different trends. So yeah, scene is a bad trend.

Posted by Fate

Hot pink and black is a punk-inspired combination. No.

Scenesters aren't emo, remember that! Here's a pretty good description on scenesters:
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Scene-Kid

Scary! I'm very like that! Jackets with faux-fur lining. lol <3

Posted by Slade

Yeah, the really scene kids have trends that go in and out every few days. A friend of mine(a female) tried to hook up with a scene kid one time because she liked the cowboy boots he was wearing, and he apparently changed his appearance pretty much every week. And it seems like "staying scene" becomes a big part of what they do everyday, as he did nothing but talk about what was scene and what wasn't anymore.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The actual definition of scene is: anyone following a particular order or fashion (trend setters), beit it; hardcore, black metal heads, punk, goth (which is often confused with black metalist), emo. Mostly consists within the predominately white social classes of style and musically influenced subcultures, etc.

Hence, why it's referred to as "scene". That WAS how wiki described it, before the article was removed.

Edit: Sadly, me too Fate. I keep my hair dyed black, but limited to ONE color and one color only. I don't wear tight clothing, tight clothing disgusts me. Basically, I look like Peter Steel, but with short trimmed hair almost comparable to that of Adolf Hitler's.

Posted by Fate

I don't like tight pants on boys. My favorite scene kids are scene girls. I have two hair colors (blonde and a color very close to black), and I'm fixing to get hair extensions. I wear all that frilly **** in my hair and I'm even getting extensions. Look at that cute little furry rabbit hood I bought. Eccentric? Hell yes. But I love it.

Posted by Tyler Durden

It fits your personality and you do it not because you choose to fit in with it. But because you like it, Fate. That's the way living was meant to be.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Fate: Speaking of furry things, I recently purchased a dodostyle rabbit ear hoodie. This one, to be exact:

Misread as 'dildostyle'.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;569741]Too bad scene appearance is pretty terrible. Plus, hot pink and black is trendy. Plus, scene is a very specific trend, and there's tons of different trends. So yeah, scene is a bad trend.
Says the guy with 50 some piercings, butt-length hair, and black carpal tunnel gloves.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Fate: Speaking of furry things, I recently purchased a dodostyle rabbit ear hoodie. This one, to be exact:

[lolpicture][/lolpicture]

It's got to be the cutest thing I've ever bought.

That's actually pretty cool since it's just part of what looks like a sweet coat. Not the same as wearing cat eyes by themselves, in my opinion.

Quoting Fate: http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Scene-Kid

"Get the attitude. You have to be humble, yet vain and slightly arrogant. You must be social, yet slightly socially withdrawn."

This trend denies itself.

EDIT - I also think I've met people like this without knowing this trend existed, and I have to say the whole "You must think that you are absolutely, without a doubt, the most gorgeous person on the face of the planet... compliment yourself often" is the most annoying thing I've ever experienced.

Posted by Fate

Weird! I compliment myself all the time. I don't have any friends around where I live and I tend to keep to myself most of the time, but when I'm at work I'm a super soc. Nobody is like me that I know. I always thought I was kind of off my rocker. Maybe I'm naturally scene, I dunno.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Eh, **** the feeling company brings. Being a loner is awesome, there's always no one to know your secrets or weaknesses..

Quoted post: Hot pink and black is a punk-inspired combination. No.

Scenesters aren't emo, remember that! Here's a pretty good description on scenesters: http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Scene-Kid

Scary! I'm very like that! Jackets with faux-fur lining. lol <3

Pink and black is still very much scene. Or was anyways.

Quoted post: Says the guy with 50 some piercings, butt-length hair, and black carpal tunnel gloves.

It's funny because it's not scene. There's tons of scenes but "scene" is one specific trend.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Linko_16: Seeing a movie that often would ruin it for me no matter what it is. I remember when Shrek came out on DVD it was so popular that they would show it at any party we went to, any time a teacher was absent, et cetera, to the point where it's just painful to see it again unless it's been a very long time since my last viewing.

Same goes for Monster's Inc, now that I think of it.

Except Shrek was diabolical the first time.

I wonder if theres an Donkey porn? Does that count as furry? It must do.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Bebop: I wonder if theres an Donkey porn?

Yes.

Yes there is.

Posted by Fate

Scarily enough, I have seen it. :(

Yeah, there's tons of it.

Posted by Omni

I found that by accident once. :(

Posted by Buhnz_O'Steele

Quoting Dexter: Oregon is filled with furries. I've met a few, but I don't really connect with any of them. I still enjoy having conversations with them and learning various aspects about their furryism. I've never gotten close to becoming friends with any of them. Sometimes they are overly-perverted. Other times they are just so incredibly odd that it makes it difficult to hold a decent conversation with them, or even be around them. They seem to crave attention but don't know what to do with it once they truly receive it.

what? I havent seen a single one... It might because of the "leather and metal" fad now

Posted by Jean-Luc Cougar

[quote=Buhnz_O'Steele;574110]what? I havent seen a single one... It might because of the "leather and metal" fad now

don't count on it. having been a part of the fandom since 1993, leather and metal are running strong with the BDSM furs. Don't ask, don't tell my *** >.>

You guys ever browse fchan....? :D

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Jean-Luc Cougar: don't count on it. having been a part of the fandom since 1993, leather and metal are running strong with the BDSM furs. Don't ask, don't tell my *** >.>

REALLY ****ING CREEPY

[quote=Klarth;577901]REALLY ****ING CREEPY

fchan or the leather furs? Help me out here....

P.Hate Machine: Nice to see you remember me. Who are you again? Its been a while....

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Jean-Luc Cougar: fchan or the leather furs? Help me out here....

As far as I am concerned you can take your pick

[quote=Klarth;577917]As far as I am concerned you can take your pick

I just wanted to clarify.

Posted by Ant

I had a feeling you guys were pretty domniate in the chans. I saw the TheLastRoboKy on *********. Which explains the hate of furries. Ahhhhh, it all makes sense now. :)

fchan is still around? Wow. I thought that thing got shut down with all the other ****ty chans.

[quote=Ant;577925]I had a feeling you guys were pretty domniate in the chans. I saw the TheLastRoboKy on *********. Which explains the hate of furries. Ahhhhh, it all makes sense now. :)

RoboKy has little, if anything to do with fchan. He's a crazed, meth head aussie who posts on GN and won't go away.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;577947]fchan is still around?

You're #4034 to ask that.

Posted by Omni

[quote=Jean-Luc Cougar;577903]P.Hate Machine: Nice to see you remember me. Who are you again? Its been a while....

You don't know me, but I was slightly amused to see you here again because I remember you. I've only recently achieved any kind of notoriety around these parts. I was also gone for a while, too.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Jean-Luc Cougar: RoboKy has little, if anything to do with fchan. He's a crazed, meth head aussie who posts on GN and won't go away.

no no no. 4chan.

I remember seeing him in some old epic threads. And the irc channel too.

Posted by Buhnz_O'Steele

Quoting Jean-Luc Cougar: don't count on it. having been a part of the fandom since 1993, leather and metal are running strong with the BDSM furs. Don't ask, don't tell my *** >.>

oh my. now that is disturbing. stupid mental images DX

[quote=Buhnz_O'Steele;578015]oh my. now that is disturbing. stupid mental images DX

you've never been to /ah/ on fchan, have you? ;_;