How'd they get the rights?

Posted by Creedence

Did any of you know that there was a Driver 2 and 3 for the GBA. They both sucked and had tons of glitches but I'm just wondering how they got the rights. Also there is a Doom Advance and Doom 2, and a Wolfenstien Advanced (unless it was Homebrew) and even a GTA Advance. Theres a lot of other things two, I post back if I have questions on any more wierd games.

Posted by inequity

Wasn't there also a microsoft game for GBA?

Posted by Ant

Well, Age of Empires came out on the DS. Microsoft doesn't care too much about the portable market, yet.

Posted by muffla

I personally loved gta advance and i would get doom except its verry rare

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: Did any of you know that there was a Driver 2 and 3 for the GBA. They both sucked and had tons of glitches but I'm just wondering how they got the rights. Also there is a Doom Advance and Doom 2, and a Wolfenstien Advanced (unless it was Homebrew) and even a GTA Advance. Theres a lot of other things two, I post back if I have questions on any more wierd games.

I knew that the Driver series was on GameBoy systems because I played the first one on GameBoy Color a couple years ago. Twas alright. What do you mean "how did they get the rights?" Atari, who made that games at the time, decided to publish them on those systems. Simple as that!

Rockstar themselves actually did GTA Advance, but not GTA III. It appears that the other games were just outsourced to other companies. It happens all the time when a company doesn't want to spend their time on working on games for smaller systems. It happened with the Sonic Advance games, they were developed by Dimps and Published by THQ.

Posted by Creedence

I played Driver one also, but did you know Driver 2 and 3 are in 3d?, well as close to 3d as you can get on a GBA. If you want to check them out but don't got no cash get them for an emulator, there both smaller than 4 megs.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: I played Driver one also, but did you know Driver 2 and 3 are in 3d?, well as close to 3d as you can get on a GBA. If you want to check them out but don't got no cash get them for an emulator, there both smaller than 4 megs.

No I didn't know that. Although I have to say I am not suprised, the GBA IS a 32 bit system. The games probably resemble the SNES trying to do 3D though, right?