Guitar Hero II

Posted by Electrical Hazard

Yeah so I own the one for the Playstation which is pretty **** cool but a friend of mine bought the new one for the 360 and it is fuken awesome they added in ten new songs some new characters, guitars, and did some touch up work on the graphics they look pretty **** good now, and you will be able to download new songs with X-Box live.

Posted by Colonel

me and my friend walked up to Future Shop and baught this game. It's pretty sweet but the guitar is a little weird to get used to at first.

It costed a fukken 100 dollars

Posted by Creedence

Meh, they got my hopes up of competing with people on live with grinding guitar competition and crushed them with a giant 2-ton steal guitar. Making me wait till Guitar Hero 3 for that is just wrong, if they make me wait more than that, I'll just give up on the series and kill myself.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Meh, they got my hopes up of competing with people on live

Hahahaha, you expected that? Wow.

Anywho, I was going to buy it... but then I saw Earth Defence Force and bought that instead. Kinda glad I did.

Posted by muffla

i got this game and i love it

i just hope they release most of the songs form gh1 on live
they saidthey were going to release some but didnt specify

Posted by KoH

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;563367]Anywho, I was going to buy it... but then I saw Earth Defence Force and bought that instead. Kinda glad I did.

EDF blows. Here's why:

During one of the mindless missions of destroying gigantic ants or flying UFOs with a machine gun or some ridiculously gigantic rocket launcher, I thought I'd try something. After a few missions and collecting of guns, you receive a homing rocket launcher that launches 10 missiles in rapid fire and home in on the nearest enemy.

One of the missions included destroying a horde of oncoming UFOs in the hundreds. Being incredibly bored with the game already and simply wanting to continue the game to see if it actually has anything good, I thought I'd 'cheat.' My method? I taped down the fire trigger of the 360 controller down and aimed up so that I would repeatedly fire off 10 missiles rapidly and they would just home in on the nearest enemy.

Now in an actual game, with some slight form of intelligence or challenge this wouldn't be possible for the mere fact that you would generally die if you stood in one place for over 5 minutes. Unfortunately, the game makers decided that alien laser beams can only do as much as 3-5 points of damage to me... out of my 200+ hit points per hit. They also thought it appropriate to make it so that the aliens have some of the worst aim in existance as they only hit me once every 10-20 seconds.

Now this is why that game ****ing sucked: I was playing it on hard.

Haha, good luck with that in later levels :cookie:

Posted by bazariah

gh 2 is a freakin sweet title, i love it loads
allthough im no good at it, i still love it

Posted by inequity

I bought it, and then found out I bought a defective guitar. Not sure how many of you are aware but 2 models of guitars, 95065 and 95055, have defective whammy bars. (I got 95055:( )

Anyway, the game is awsome. I've finished easy, medium and hard. Im very close to beating expert. Its very addicting.

Posted by Rhea

The actual gameplay is pretty entertaining. The music is ****ty, so that's basically why I don't play it.

I was going to buy it... then I found out GH3 is coming out this fall. So I decided to wait. Sure the same guys aren't making it, but it's not that difficult when the template is solid.

Posted by inequity

Does anybody know how many songs come in each new music pack? It was just released on the marketplace.

Posted by muffla

3 songs per pack

vamparo i hav eno idea if this is true, but i heard that for xbox gh3 will be released via market place and no more guitars will be sold for xbox

again i have no idea if its true a friend told me

Obviously it's not.

Posted by Moogs

Yeah, a title like that won't be released via marketplace

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Electrical Hazard: Yeah so I own the one for the Playstation which is pretty **** cool but a friend of mine bought the new one for the 360 and it is fuken awesome they added in ten new songs some new characters, guitars, and did some touch up work on the graphics they look pretty **** good now, and you will be able to download new songs with X-Box live.

let me introduce you to my good friend the period. that was him right there. he goes at the end of sentences and lets people know that there is a seperation between one sentence and the next. Learn to use him.

Grammar nazi aside, loved the game, but dont really see myself buying a 360 anytime soon, so i'll continue to rock it (pun intended) ps2 style.

Posted by G-Sides

my ps2's guitar hero disc was ruiiiined by a friend after he borrowed it. instead of making him replace it, i just bought the 360 version annnnddddd for some reason beyond me, i love it 110% more than the playstation version ;o!!! the addition of the 360's achievement thing for all of its games adds an entire new level of things to work towards after the game has been beaten (there's a total of 50 goals), and the 10 new songs are all great. luv luv luv.