Kairi a keyblade bearer?

Posted by Red

so today me and my friends were having an argument about Kingdom Hearts.

they all seem to think that Kairi is a keyblade bearer. when I'm almost positive that she's not.

just because Riku gave her a keyblade to fight heartless with in KH2 doesn't mean she's a "bearer". I was thinking more that this is a plot hole in the game.

so are my friends just retarded?
or am I wrong?

Posted by temari

it is possible that stinky kairi is one of the keyblade barers, but i thought that their were only supposed to be three keyblade barers, king mickey, riku, and sora. the mistery to kairi's keyblad will probably be answered in the third game, which i am ernestly waiting for.

Posted by Red

Quoting temari: but i thought that their were only supposed to be three keyblade barers, king mickey, riku, and sora.

yes which is why nearing the end of the game all three of them hold up thier keyblades to unlock the door to the final Boss.

if Kairi were a keyblade bearer wouldn't she have to do so too?

Posted by S

Quoting Red: yes which is why nearing the end of the game all three of them hold up thier keyblades to unlock the door to the final Boss.

if Kairi were a keyblade bearer wouldn't she have to do so too?

The game never dabbled onto the concept of Dual Wielding keyblades, whether or not the off-hand one was a true Keyblade or a part of the original. If its merely a part of the original, that might be why Kairi can wield it.

Posted by Red

Quoting Lunairetic: The game never dabbled onto the concept of Dual Wielding keyblades,

which was also another plot-holeish thing in the game. I believ there was even a "keychain theory" thread about it. seeing as how there seems alot in this game that has'nt got looked into much, I'm thinking Kairi having a keyblade is one of them, and that shes not a bearer.

Posted by S

Quoting Red: which was also another plot-holeish thing in the game. I believ there was even a "keychain theory" thread about it. seeing as how there seems alot in this game that has'nt got looked into much, I'm thinking Kairi having a keyblade is one of them, and that shes not a bearer.

Just because it never dabbled into the concept doesn't necisarily mean its a plothole. Plothole typically implies a fallacy in the stream of things in that universe but that usually assumes the story is finished. KH2 is finished but who is to say that won't be a major issue in KH3? I mean it is about the Keyblade war, so the keyblade itself will, in all likelyhood, be the main focus of the game.

Posted by Your Grandma

First of all, there are not just 3 keyblade bearers. You forgot Roxas. And if Kairi wasn't a keyblade bearer then she wouldn't be able to use it. Just like in KH, when Leon tried to take it from Sora, it went back to Sora. If you have seen the special endings to KH2 then you would know that there are not just 3 bearers. Also in the Ansem reports it says something about "The legend says its wielder saved the world, while another says that he wrought chaos and ruin upon it. I must know what this Keyblade is. A key opens doors. It must be connected to the door I have opened."

Posted by Poco

sure why not

Posted by Wally The Weird

A long time ago (In a Galaxy far far away) I posted my own theory about the keyblades. One idea I had was that dual wielding was made possible when the strength of the heart becomes great enough.

Here's a short version.

Keyblade is a manifestation of the heart

Drive forms merge two hearts together

two hearts= two Keyblades, or 1 more powerful keyblade, or in the case of Master and Final, two more powerful keyblades with three.

Because Riku still had the power of Xeanhort's heartless at the time, I don't find it unreasonable for him to make a temporary, rules-exempt keyblade for Kairi. Although, as a princess of light, it is also entirely possible that she could wield a keyblade, but did not possess one of her own.

Now, in the case of Roxas, who has no heart, there are a multitude of possibilities. First, it could be entirely possible that Sora has a great enough capacity to hold two keyblades, but need's allies most of the time to realize this ability, and while Roxas does not have a heart, he can use a keyblade of nothingness, something that may look like a keyblade and may act like one, but is not really a keyblade.

Part of my Keyblade theory involved using Light and/or darkness as a medium to create a physical manifestation of the heart. If Roxas has no heart, he could use the power of the void instead, or perhaps his own immense willpower, or maybe even his soul, I don't know, I'm just the idea guy. Maybe Sora could maintain three separate keyblades at once for all we know!

Posted by Poco

keys that kill stuff..
ballin sus