[***speed You! Black Emporer]

Posted by Xenos

I love this band - it was the first one that got me into the Space Rock and Post Rock scene. Its very "abstract"-sounding and its not for anyone who is looking for "solid" music. Its also very different than most of the music out there so try to keep an open mind when you are listening.

Download Links:
[code] 4-03-07 ... http://www.mediafire.com/?9llgudnzzyz [/code]

Posted by Stalolin

I love GYBE, though I've only listened to a handful of tracks (which is understandable, many of them are quite long). Some of it is soothing, some of it is crazy, and all of it has that spacey feel.

and you make me want to go redownload some of their stuff

Posted by Omni

Many thanks. I'll grab it soon.

Posted by Xenos

[quote=Stalolin;563078]I love GYBE, though I've only listened to a handful of tracks (which is understandable, many of them are quite long). Some of it is soothing, some of it is crazy, and all of it has that spacey feel.

and you make me want to go redownload some of their stuff

Hmm ... what songs do you have? If there isn't anything that you don't, I can always upload those.

Posted by Omni

As for me, the two songs you uploaded were the only things I've got by them yet. I guess I'll Soulseek some other material or you can upload some stuff if you feel like it. I really like what I've heard so far.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

SMZ > GY!BE

It's true.

Posted by Omni

Okay, then don't just stand there, upload something.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Xenos, resend me songs. I remember listening to a few tracks, but I don't really remember them. I do believe I remember liking them, though.

Posted by Omni

Angelwing, if you like Godspeed!, you should grab the Caspian, Yndi Halda, and Bright Red Paper albums I uploaded. It's all really good stuff for the most part, post-rock.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Posted by Xenos

I uploaded it already. ;o I'll post more later.

Vampiro: I liked Silver Mt. Zion - but eh, GY!BE has more nostalgic value for me.

GY gets boring after awhile. The songs are just too long and sometimes not filled with enough (this coming from a guy that likes one hour drone tracks) to keep me interested after years of listening to them.

Posted by Xenos

I am not a big fan of Static and Storm, but there are at least a few tracks by them that are memorable [i.e. Sleep].

Eh, not just those songs. Most are over 15 minutes in length and don't have enough substance to keep me listening. They're definitely a great band... they just get tiring after awhile.

Posted by Xenos

I agree with you on that one, but, eh, I'd get tired too if I listened to a band too many times. I haven't really listened to them in a month or so until now. Regardless, its still worth a listen.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: (this coming from a guy that likes one hour drone tracks)

Not LoD,DoD, right? k good

huh?

Posted by Omni

Quoting Angelwing: Thanks, I'll check them out.

No problem. I'm probably gonna upload some other post-rock stuff soon, so check back. You can also contribute if you've got anything you'd like to share.