Oblivion question *spoilers I guess, whatever*

Posted by cool gamer dad

After the main quest, is there a way to reopen the oblivion gates and grab some more sigil stones, or are they gone for good? I don't want to know how, I'll figure that out on my own if it can be done, I just want to know if it's possible.

Edit: The gates I didn't close before I finished the main quest, that is.

Posted by Fate

You can't reopen Oblivion Gates. You just have to keep looking for more Gates. You really don't need more than six Sigil Stones.

Posted by cool gamer dad

After you finish the main quest, all of the gates close, but there's still a red aura around the ones you didn't close before completing the main quest... Which leads me to think they can still be accessed.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

They can't. They're destroyed. Though if you do the Daedric Shrine quests you can go back into the Oblivion universe through two of the g[COLOR="White"]od[/COLOR]s (Peryites, Boethia,) but you can't access any towers, so no sigil stones. Though you do get Goldbrand which is a pretty ****ing awesome sword.

But if you really, really want more stones, just dupe 'em.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I don't need the stones that much. It kinda' sucks though, because I only closed 5 gates myself. Thanks.

Yeah, I only closed, like, nine. Then after I closed the final one I found a good six more. I never did get the Hate bow, which is like the strongest bow :(

Posted by Fate

Wait a minute, either I'm lost or forgot. I beat the game and still found Sigil Stones, I think. The main quest ones close up for good, but I thought the other gates pop up randomly and you could still get Sigil Stones from them.

no... that wouldn't make much sense would it?

Posted by cool gamer dad

You can get one more Sigil Stone after the MQ, and it's by the siege crawler and the great gate, just laying on the ground with Jauffre's body, and two other guys.

You can autosave by it and keep picking it up until you get something you like.

You can do that will all of them. Though, I still have yet to use any of the ones I collected. Never had a need.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yeah, but you have to go through some animation crap, so it's not worth it.

edit: wait, I get it now. nm

The only thing I find them slightly useful for is enchanting armor. Charges run out too quickly on weapons, and bothering with Umbra + Soul Gems is too much. Are there easier ways to recharge?

I have a really nice Daedric Longsword enchanted with Absorb 25 Health on strike, but it runs out all the time.

Posted by Fate

Chameleon EVERYTHING. Best move ever.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I like to see how badass my character looks.

Quoted post: The only thing I find them slightly useful for is enchanting armor. Charges run out too quickly on weapons, and bothering with Umbra + Soul Gems is too much. Are there easier ways to recharge?

Varla stone. Just grab one and it recharges everything in your inventory. That, or Azura's star.

Also, I'm telling you, go get the goldbrand sword. The sword itself does 26 or so damage, plus another 22 fire damage. Tons of charge on it too.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I've been meaning to get it, but it's still not as good as my absorb health daedric longsword.

I have like, 16 of those stones, but I'm reluctant to use them for some reason!

I miss the uber-powerful weapons of Morrowind. Ice Blade of the Monarch and Daedric Crescent, anyone?

Just download the DLC. I think there's a one-hit dagger in one of them. And absorb health is useless, faggot.

Posted by cool gamer dad

No way, it's like damage health 25 points while gaining 25 points. Fire damage 25 points? Useless.

who cares about gaining health? I have, like, 600 points of health.

Posted by cool gamer dad

It's like the fire damage, but with a little bonus. Seriously, get out of my thread faggot. Jeez, wow.

How about you learn how to play the game better and not get hit as often?

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah, whatever dude. whatever.

Oh, and while I'm at it I'm gonna try to get my Elite within the next week. I already have a little over a bar on it.

If you do it in a week... well, I'll be shocked. Maybe I'll play some T-Hunt with you too.