Planet Earth

Posted by Shin-Ra

This show premiered on the Discovery Channel last week (here in the US) after a lot of advertising on the part of the station. The show is a basic documentary on the planet and the creatures who live on it, but it was done in a similar manner as Blue Planet, meaning that the camera work is absolutely astounding. Never have I see such unique filming in all my life. I mean, they actually manage to give off a feeling of realism in many of their shots that I've never felt from television, mainly due to their ability to capture scale and just genuinely beautiful shots. So did anyone else watch it? What did you think? [url=http://dsc.discovery.com/beyond/index.html?playerId=203711706&categoryId=210014204&lineupId=452340373]Lots of Clips[/url] - the Birds of Paradise one is infinitely entertaining.

Personally, I've loved what I've seen thus far. I just wish I had a nicer television.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

PLanet Earth is ***ly, I have been watching it since the 1st part. It's just so amazing, I love it. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD : D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ugh, knowing Canada I won't debut for another three months, if not longer.

Posted by veritas

they can shoot the animals doing things we havent seen before is because they can film them without any noise or distraction to the animals.

Posted by NeXidala

Whenever I am scrolling through the channels I always see the preview for this show. I then decided to give it a shot and it was completely mind-blowing. My father came in the living room and began rambling on like he usually does and when he began getting into the show he was speechless. Probably one of the best documentaries on Earth ever.