Ninja Gaiden DS

Posted by Zeta

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168366.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=morenews&tag=morenews;title;10

[quote]Following a spate of rumors sparked by a fuzzy Japanese magazine scan, Tecmo has officially announced that Ninja Gaiden is coming to the Nintendo DS. Titled Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, the game will ship in North America this October, several months after Ninja Gaiden Sigma ships for the PlayStation 3.

Unlike most DS games, Dragon Sword will have players hold the handheld on its side, book-style a la Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day. Players will be able to fight off enemies by using the stylus in an "intuitive" combat system.

"The Nintendo DS will allow gamers to control Master Ninja Ryu Hayabusa slash for slash with the use of the DS stylus in a way never possible in previous iterations of the game," said Tecmo marketing manager Yoh Watanabe.

Players can also combat enemies via Ninpo spells. Magic attacks are cast using the DS's touch screen, with players using the stylus to draw characters corresponding to a particular spell.

GameSpot will have more details on Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword as they become available.

Posted by Slade

Wow, and it's actually in 3D. This should be fun.

Posted by Shade

I hope you can configure it so that it doesn't use the touch screen and doesn't have to be held on its side. I hate it when games use the touchscreen for actual gameplay, unless they're those that are meant to have it, like Kirby: Canvas Curse.

For a game like Ninja Gaiden? No go.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

When I first heard about it I thought for sure it was going to look cartoony and not a whole lot different from Phantom Hourglass. Turns out, it has the same style as recent Gaiden games... thank the ****ing lord. Still, Sigma is more highly anticipated at this point than a DS Gaiden game.

Posted by Zeta

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24949.html

derp

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Impressive! I didn't expect them to use the book style for the screens. Hopefully the stylus control won't just lead to random scribble ownage.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I didn't expect them to use the book style for the screens.

Why not? That's how the game is played after all. Also, I have to assume it won't just be scribbling, after all Ninja Gaiden was far from a button-masher, right?

Anywho, ******* that game looks good. Though I noticed two reused boss fights, and the ghost fish are back :( Those things were so annoying.