Where are the games?

Posted by Axis

Ok, I haven't bought on game on the Wii since it's come out. I'm kind of disappointed with the lack of games that it has received. This drought has been worse than the PS3 or Xbox 360 drought. Next week Super Paper Mario and in May Mario Party 8 comes out. But, for the summer and beyond into the fall there doesn't seem to be anything. I haven't heard anything about Metroid, Mario, or Super Smash. What's the deal?

It's not just me, either. I work in a game store and have talked to people that have one and they're complaining about the lack of games. I can count at least 10 games on Xbox 360 that I'll be getting. About 4 or 5 on the PS3. But I'm struggling to come up with some on the Wii.

Posted by inequity

I agree. I don't think I've touched my Wii (lol) since I sold Zelda. Not many games at all. We'll just have to be patient until Mario universe and SSBB come out. Until then, buy some virtual games.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I'm enjoying some of the quirky titles like Kororinpa, Elebits, and Wii Play whilst awaiting the release of such games as Metroid Prime 2, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, NiGHTS, and Pokemon Revolution. Those 3 games I mentioned might not be the deepest pieces of software on the market, but they're fun and innovative.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Prince Shondronai: I'm enjoying some of the quirky titles like Kororinpa, Elebits, and Wii Play whilst awaiting the release of such games as Metroid Prime 2, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, NiGHTS, and Pokemon Revolution. Those 3 games I mentioned might not be the deepest pieces of software on the market, but they're fun and innovative.

You have a Wii, yet you're waiting for MP2 to be released? Time paradox.

Starfox 64 just came out on the VC, so I guess that could keep you entertained for a while during the drought. =/

Posted by s0ul

You're gonna be doin' barrel rolls and gettin' this guy off him, and usin' the boost to chase, and bein' a cocky little freak, and becoming a better pilot, and havin' big ideas, and not havin' the brains to rule Lylat, and preferrin' doin' things your own way, and shootin' the 8 switches to open the lock, and stuff.

Best game of all time. Easy.

Posted by Linko_16

I suspect the Wii had to come out a lot earlier than they wanted it to in order to compete with the PS3, which would explain why Twilight Princess seems to have been built to fit GameCube controls just fine - they probably brought it up to Wii level for the sake of a solid launch title. Meanwhile, a lot of big-name games like Mario and Smash Brothers are coming out much later this year, perhaps when they once thought the Wii'd be released.

Posted by Ant

I'm really looking forward to Super Paper Mario right now, and after that I believe sometime around June(?) No more Heroes is coming out from the maker of Killer 7 so I expect something really good out of that game. And then beyond that there's the big three. I'm sure were still in for some surprise games to be coming out sometime soon as well. So I'm pretty content right now.

Posted by Dexter

I've been entertained with the games I've been going through. They have not been the greatest games lately, but they've kept me busy. I'm actually falling behind, since I'd still like to go through Cooking Mama and The ***father before Super Paper Mario.

And I don't see how this drought is worse than the 360 drought. I don't remember going through many games at all between Call of Duty 2/Oblivion up until Gears of War/Call of Duty 3.

Posted by Axis

Prey, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Splinter Cell Double Agent, FEAR, Test Drive Unlimited, Lord of the Rings are a few that I can name off the top my head.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Remember when that british guy from Sony said the UK would buy the PS3 even if it didn't have any games? Well, apparently he was talking about Nintendo and Nintendo has realised this. Seriously, and I quote "We here at Nintendo appreciate the devotion and love the fans of shown for our new platform the Wii. You have made it one of the most successful console ever, even if there might be a slight lack of games. We at Nintendo realise this, and honestly, we don't care. See, you're buying the console anyways and we're basically printing money with this ****. So **** you, no games, no need. lol"

Good job, guys.

The UK's getting Pokemon, and thus online play, before America, I hear.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Prince Shondronai: The UK's getting Pokemon, and thus online play, before America, I hear.

*raises finger in air*

ACTUALLY, Super Mario Strikers is going to be the first online game in Europe :)

Posted by Dexter

And that doesn't come out until after Pokemon, right?

Haha, oh wow. Enjoy your ****ty Pokemon Stadium. The handheld games are fun... but lord the console games, especially the Stadium series is utter garbage.

The N64 Stadium games were cool. They had mini-games and were playable regardless of whether you owned the GameBoy games or not. The GAMECUBE one? That one I'll agree was trash. You need two players to have a normal battle, plus both players need to use GameBoy Advances with Pokemon games as opposed to just being able to choose from a stock of monsters. No mini-games. Blech.

Posted by Dexter

Exactly. I still play the Stadium games for the 64. Not just the mini-games (sushi mini-game is still lots of fun) but the actual battle aspect of the game, too. The addition of online has me interested in this next installment.

Stadium was all right because I was into enough back then. But still, it was far from a good game. Nothing close to the caliber of the handheld titles. And this new game coming up doesn't seem to be any better than Stadium. They've just never felt like complete titles, rather, an expansion to whatever current handheld title is being released.

Posted by Unite

My wii been collecting dust for a while now.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, givin' a big ol' hell yeah on No More Heroes. Whenever Smash comes out, that'll be epic. Metroid I don't really care about and Mario Galaxy looks bad. I've just been using my Wii as a cooler-looking Gamecube since I beat Zelda. Not excited for much outside of No More Heroes and Smash though.

Quoted post: Metroid I don't really care about

Good thing because it got delayed again lol

Posted by s0ul

I didn't even know it had a release pinned. They delayed a speculative release? That's low.

It was supposed to be out by June, and they recently said it wouldn't make the mark because they want to make it "perfect."

Posted by Shade

Perfect or playable?

And the MP games suck anyway.

Quoting Shade32:
And the MP games suck anyway.

Millions of Nintendo fans disagree, including myself.

I suppose I can wait awhile longer for Metroid Prime 3, so long as it's equal to or greater than the previous 2 chapters, plus Wiimote-controlled. Now...If they're delaying it in order to port MP1 and 2 to the Wii with Wiimote controls and including them as unlockable extras on the MP3 disc itself at no extra charge...That would be something.

Posted by Shade

Eh, after playing the 2D ones the 3D Metroid games just seem boring.