NES question!!!!!

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

alright, i just got an NES off ebay and the guy said that it "SOMETIMES" flashes from a grey to blue screen. well, so far it always does this and i cannot play any games, =( Does anyone know wats wrong and how i could fix this. thanks in advance.

Posted by NES Queen

Did you try other games? Clean them first so your deck doesn't get all dusty and dirty (since you probably don't have a deck cleaner and I'm not sure how to make a ghetto one). I clean my games with q-tips, wetting one end with water to "wash" the pins, and the other end to dry them off.

Clean the games, try different ones, wiggle them, jiggle them, blow them, make sweet love to them, then say a prayer.

Posted by Dexter

Use a Game Genie. I use it when I'm not using my Top Loader NES. Somehow it makes all my games work.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=NES Queen;561289]Did you try other games? Clean them first so your deck doesn't get all dusty and dirty (since you probably don't have a deck cleaner and I'm not sure how to make a ghetto one). I clean my games with q-tips, wetting one end with water to "wash" the pins, and the other end to dry them off.

Clean the games, try different ones, wiggle them, jiggle them, blow them, make sweet love to them, then say a prayer.

A ghetto wipe? Simple; take your average disposable shop "rag" (normally looks like a baby blue thick-paper towel), bind it around a thin piece of plastic (preferably an old library card or some equivalent). Then proceed to swipe it along each side of the cart terminals in a "side to side" motion (with the deck pins, you would use a straight-forward in/out motion). Also helps to use a slight amount of Electronics Contact Cleaner. Which is a spray-on quick dissolve solution (as, it will evaporate as it cleans), normally found in your typical auto-outletter, or home improvement department store.

Also, Nessy, you failed to mention the double-decker cart solution; placing another cart in, on top of the game you wish to play. Just, solely, to hold it in securely to allow you to operate the game.

Posted by bazariah

i allways find it easier to go with the left right eject reset option....

but deffo make sure the carts are clean dude, cleaning is a basic nessecity

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

alright, ya i blow on em to get the dust out but thats about all. I'll try that, and if bad goes to worse, i'll just buy me a new 72 pin connector.

Posted by coolness432

You could just bend your connectors. Also if u get a new connector don't use early games on it till you "break it is" because theres a chance it could scratch the games contacts.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting EvilDeadGamer: alright, ya i blow on em to get the dust out but thats about all. I'll try that, and if bad goes to worse, i'll just buy me a new 72 pin connector.

Yeah I would just do that right off the bat, it makes it like new pretty much. Also of course like the others said, clean your games.

With that said, welcome to the wonderful world of the NES! :D Glad to see people take more interest in it.

Quoted post: You could just bend your connectors. Also if u get a new connector don't use early games on it till you "break it is" because theres a chance it could scratch the games contacts.

Problem with that, is they would just bend right back anyways. Plus, the new connectors are made of better stuff anyways. I agree with the "break in" thing though. Use a game like SMB for that.

Posted by Creedence

Meh, hes already buying the the new Pin Conecter. He probably needed to in the first place in stead of bringing it here. He says it should be in Friday or Saturday. I wouldn't buy a Nes of ebay, but thats just me. Anyway he probably never gonna check on this again so I just thought I'd tell yall before you waste your time posting.

Posted by Proto Man

What? He already had 27 posts... just wasn't exciting enough here for him, or what? We need more people to post in this board. Plz get him back. :(

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

What? you guys think that i wont check my stuff out agian. and hey, MMX&oldies-fan. If you ever want to see Link to the Past again....i want my atari games back. MUAHAHAHAHA. Seriously tho. i want them back, none the less, yea, i have ordered a new 72 pin.

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Proto Man: What? He already had 27 posts... just wasn't exciting enough here for him, or what? We need more people to post in this board. Plz get him back. :(

Didn't meen he was leaving VGC, I ment he probably wasn't going to come back to that thread, so I was letting you guys know. But he showed me, and hes taken my LttP hostage. I'll never return the Atari games though, They might be worth much less and I don't even play them anymore, BUT NOW ITS PERSONAL!!!

Lol, did you know he had a VGC account before me, I need to whip him into shape and make him start posting more.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

very funny MMX, anyway, MY NES WORKS NOW!!!! i got my new 72 pin connector in and it played super mario bros. perfect, strangly my other games dont work on it tho, (LoZ, MM3, and DuckHunt) but that just means the games are dirty, right?

Posted by Dexter

Game Genie. I'm telling you. Cheap, easy, and it helps the games work flawlessly.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

right, yea, i forgot all about that, i'll get me one of them, there only like $8 aint they?

Posted by Dexter

I got my first one for 9 bucks about 7 years ago and I got my next one for only 4 bucks about 3 years ago. I see them around often for under 10 dollars. The reason I have two is because they can only hold 3 codes at a time but put in together they can hold 6. I'm still planning on getting one more. I rarely use it for codes though. They really make the games work in the old-style systems. I doubt you'll have a problem with your games if you use a Game Genie. Every one of your games should work with it. Mine do, and I have over 200 games, some which have no hope of working without the Game Genie or a Top Loader NES.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting EvilDeadGamer: very funny MMX, anyway, MY NES WORKS NOW!!!! i got my new 72 pin connector in and it played super mario bros. perfect, strangly my other games dont work on it tho, (LoZ, MM3, and DuckHunt) but that just means the games are dirty, right?

If you didn't clean your games yet, then you should do so.

I've never actually owned a Game Genie myself, I don't believe in cheat devices. I would follow Dex's advice though and get one. Shouldn't be too hard to aquire.

Posted by Creedence

Yeah get a game genie! I gotta get me a NES now.

Posted by NES Queen

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecoli742/9b71325b.jpg[/IMG]