GTA IV trailer

Posted by muffla

the gta 4 trailer is comming out in 2 hours and ten min, is anybody else excited.http://rockstargames.com/IV/

if its already out, when you read this, what are your thoughts?

Posted by maian

No. Don't mind me though, I just don't like GTA. :) Where's that SSBB trailer? :(

Posted by muffla

noooooooooooooo servers must be swamped i cant get in

Posted by MarioStar

me niether grrrrrrrrrr

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I just see a black screen. You think they would've expected a ****ton of traffic.

Posted by muffla

after almost 20 minutes of solid trying, i put in my age, started watching it................and it sucked. seriously im shure the gameplay will be alright, but i looked like saints row with a spiderman trailer. the main charicter is butt fukin ugly, the game looks to be set in nyc, so far it just dosent have the gta elements that we know and love, i hope im wrong, but it loks like a saints row ripoff, witch isnt that bad, but i really want a new gta game.

Posted by MarioStar

I waited an hour and that was horrible lol

So, we play a Russian? Neat. Though the trailer wasn't anything great.

Posted by Bebop

The trailer was pretty crap istelf buts I quick like the character. A nice change from hte current average thug. However considering how recycled the laterst GTA games have been hopefully this next gen of gaming will offfer something more.

Posted by TheSorrow

hopefully they will add a lot more things and make the game a lot longer...and maybe some online play like they did in vice city stories but the trailer...eh looks a lot like Saints Row with slightly better graphics

Posted by Bebop

Wasnt Saint Row San Andreas with better graphics? lol

Posted by s0ul

I don't know why, but this Russian's got me really hoping for an epic tale of thugs. GTA with a cool story would have me effin' sold, not that I wouldn't get it anyway.

Posted by Bebop

Thats the problem with GTA. Youve always played an average runo of the mill scallywag so the idea of becoming the don of dons is stupid. Hopefully now the character you play will be well suited.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting muffla: i hope im wrong, but it loks like a saints row ripoff, witch isnt that bad, but i really want a new gta game.
I think you're forgetting that Saints Row is a GTA ripoff...

But yeah it looks like the same old stuff. Bunch of skycrapers and city streets. YAWN. I can't believe they made everyone wait months for this.

Quoted post: Thats the problem with GTA. Youve always played an average runo of the mill scallywag so the idea of becoming the don of dons is stupid. Hopefully now the character you play will be well suited.

It gives you a greater sense of accomplishment. It's one thing to be "the don of dons" when you're already well established, but something completely different to go from bottom-of-the-barrel to top of the food-chain.

Posted by Bebop

Not for me. Playing the same scum I see on the streets everyday has never felt great. No having a character that shows actual experience in bigger crimes makes more sense.

Ever noticed, at the beginning of the games, the crimes are fairly average? Nothing huge or spectacular, though as you advance, so do the crimes themselves? Yeah. On one hand you create and establish a character, you make him yours. On the other you play an already, within the game universe, established character. It would be like playing a Zelda game and jumping into Links boots halfway through the main quest.

Posted by Fate

I couldn't see the trailer but I saw a screenshot of the guy. I immediately thought he was Russian. Is he?

Also, I like the bottom-barrel GTA storylines. It seems to be a GTA thing, so whatever. GTA isn't so much story so much as it is freeroam play, anyways.

Posted by Ch

Just saw the trailer and I'm so pumped for this new GTA. It'll be interesting playing as a human trafffiker, as sick as it sounds.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Fate: I couldn't see the trailer but I saw a screenshot of the guy. I immediately thought he was Russian. Is he?

Also, I like the bottom-barrel GTA storylines. It seems to be a GTA thing, so whatever. GTA isn't so much story so much as it is freeroam play, anyways.

That's why GTA with a good plot would be awesome! I'm praying. :(

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Ever noticed, at the beginning of the games, the crimes are fairly average? Nothing huge or spectacular, though as you advance, so do the crimes themselves? Yeah.

Yes. And your point is?

[quote]On one hand you create and establish a character, you make him yours. On the other you play an already, within the game universe, established character. It would be like playing a Zelda game and jumping into Links boots halfway through the main quest.

Except that this pre established character will be miles better than their hip hop annoyance and their tribute to ones of cinemas dumbest characters purely on the basis its not a hip hop annoyance and a tribute to one of cinemas dumbest characters. Russian Mafia> Tommy Vercetti>Burnt toast>AIDS>That black guy from San Andreas.

Id like a character creater. They always make games better and Id finally get to play the criminal I wanted to. Not the one I was forced to.

Posted by inequity

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161126

Posted by Fate

I didn't see a problem with CJ from San Andreas. What was wrong with him? He fit the early 90s criminal black guy in the hood profile perfectly.

Character creation in San Andreas? Nah, a lot of the personality traits would have to be cut. Can't very well have some white preppy guy being voiced by a wisecracking Italian guy, right? It's a big deal.
:(

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: [color=skyblue]He fit the early 90s criminal black guy in the hood profile perfectly

Right he did. Too bad early 90s criminal hip gangsta black guys from the hood are retarded.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I thought the trailer was crap, but it's only a teaser, and when E3 comes around we might see a longer, better trailer. GTA 4 is still going to be an awesome game, and I can't wait.

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=Tiptoegecko;562124]E3

lol E3

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

It's possible that the russian guy in the trailer is not the main character

Possible, but highly unlikely.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Possible, but highly unlikely.

but I'm just thinking about possible random things that just come in my head, it's very likely that he's not the main character. Tiptoe gecko said it's a teaser.

Quoted post: it's very likely that he's not the main character. Tiptoe gecko said it's a teaser.

No, it's very unlikely.

Posted by veritas

maybe they wanna see who people react to a russian guy. If people dont like it, maybe they'll change it

Doubtful. Really ****ing doubtful.