Mario and Sonic Olympics

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Read all about it here http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=t5eT-QaVMFMIfXI3Z_abfVviRBskksJr

It sounds so cool! It is avalible for DS and Wii

Posted by Zeta

Oh ****! Mario and Sonic finally in a game together? In b4 universe explodes.

Posted by Bebop

The first game Mario and Sonic are in together and its this? >_<

Posted by muffla

hmm this will be interesting, however the chances of this getting screwed up are prety high

ps how is sonic suposed to lose in running events.

Posted by Zeta

He wears shoes made of dark matter.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting muffla: hmm this will be interesting, however the chances of this getting screwed up are prety high

ps how is sonic suposed to lose in running events.

Hows Mario supposed to lost hurdles, long jump, high jump and the vault?

Posted by s0ul

This is the worst and most gimmicky idea I have ever heard ever.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting Bebop: The first game Mario and Sonic are in together and its this? >_<

Not if Sonic's in Smash Brothers, and Smash Brothers comes out before this, anyway.

Posted by pwNation

That's what I was thinking about it getting easily screwed up. A good idea, but it could still suck. And, yeah, I'd much rather their first joining be a better game, but I still think it could work.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Sounds great! Since its on ds also you might be able to connect the games toggether or even better it might be the first online game that can connect DS Wii!!! That would be awsome!!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wait, why did you make two separate threads for both boards? wtf

Posted by Drewboy64

Seems pretty cool, but only because it has sonic and mario.

Posted by TendoAddict

Olympic games have sucked hard because they boiled down to gimmicky Mini games. I can see this being fun on the Wii and DS IF they try to make the game fun and not sell it as the first Mario/Sonic game. It could actually be fun and new.

But I see this as good light that Sonic will be in SSBB, which I think is the real good news here.

Posted by s0ul

wait, a super simple sports game for the Wii that ANYONE can just pick up and play that's supposed to bring old and young together?

THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY

Posted by Arcadios

Who wins?

Posted by s0ul

spoilers: mario dies

Posted by Zeta

Extra Spoilers: He manages to take Knuckles and Tails down with him.

Posted by Pit

ugh, real spoilers:

Mario goes the distance. He loses the race but wins at life.

Kinda like Rocky.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Bebop: The first game Mario and Sonic are in together and its this? >_<

Agreed. A goofy, world-colliding cross-over with a combo of classic 2D and contemporary 3D play would've owned. I hope there's some kind of plot, just because I'd like to see what hair-brained explanation they come up for the intrusion on one-another's realities. Come on, you know the Chaos Emeralds and the Power the Stars just can't behave themselves.

Postin' on a Wii, lol

Apparently this isn't a mini-game fest. Spoilers: it actually is.

Posted by Ant

Apparently it's also online. And Miyamoto is involved with the project as well. So it won't be just Sega Japan in charge of this. And this only further proves that Sonic is obviously going to be in Brawl. And if they can pull this off the names alone can bring in HUGE numbers.

*fingers crossed*

Sonic, new Nintendo first-party character. Confirmed.

Posted by Zeta

Luigi is getting replaced in the next M&L game.

Posted by maian

See, I'd be excited for this if Sonic didn't become utterly crappy in every way after SA, maybe SA2. It could be a good game, who knows. It seems kinda Mario Partyish, to me. To me, Mario vs. Sonic wasn't a big deal anymore when Sega died and Sonic lost status as a mascot, not to mention all his games sucked. =/

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Sonic, new Nintendo first-party character. Confirmed.

Ive had wet dreams about this. Does that makes me a turbo nerd?

Posted by Linko_16

One might say it makes you something of a 'Tendo Addict.

Posted by Bebop

If this ends up being good Ill eat my hat.

Posted by Dexter

I also used to dream of the collaboration back in the Super NES/Sega days. It doesn't seem as ideal to me now, but the more Sonic there is, the happier I am. I enjoy Sonic as a character far more than Mario. Sonic being in Mario games will help his recently disastrous career.

Or bring Mario down with him.

Posted by Dexter

I'd laugh.