gamecube games on the wii

Posted by muffla

i was just wondering to play gamecube games on the wii, do you have to buy a gamecube memory card? or can you use the wii's sd/internal memory to save.

thanks in advance

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Yes you do. Its a pain. But Nintendo can be smart sometimes but this time they were not.

srry for bad grammer I was in a rush

Posted by muffla

its ok, bout the grammer, thx for the help

Posted by muffla

do you know if this memory card will work on a US (north american ) wii
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gamecube-GC-4MB-Memory-Card-4-MB-For-Nintendo-59-Blocks_W0QQitemZ8292658395QQcategoryZ41043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posted by Vbty3

Dude, yes I tried on Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Any Gamcube Memory card woks on the U.S. Nintendo Wii Entertainment Home Console.

Posted by muffla

sweet thx

Posted by RandomizeR

luckily i already have a GCN mem card..

Posted by Proto Man

Heh, I have TWO Nintendo brand GCN cards.

Gamecube games SHOULD play in progressive scan on the Wii if the game supports it, right? If that's true, then I will probably give up on trying to find a component cable for my GCN and wait till I get a Wii. Those things are 50 bucks on ebay. :( That, and Wii component cables can be bought on Ninty's store.

Posted by RandomizeR

Quoting Proto Man: wait till I get a Wii.

When you get one tell me your code

Posted by Kit

Quoting Proto Man: Heh, I have TWO Nintendo brand GCN cards.

I have THREE GCN memory cards. Take that!

Yeah, I've had no problems with any of my cards so far. (At least not any I haven't had previously.) But I didn't try Gamecube games without the Memory Cards, so it's good to know that I should keep one in.

Quoted post: But Nintendo can be smart sometimes but this time they were not.

I think it was so people who already owned a Gamecube could keep their old save files and still play their games on the Wii.

Posted by protomanv4

I wished that we can just use the Wii's internal memory for Gc games since some people like me who don't own a Gc (or for those people than have a Gc you guys can use the memory card that you have).