Xbox 360 Reborn, rumors confirmed.

Posted by Creedence

Heh, found this in the game informer I got the other day. It states.

"Microsoft plans to release a new Xbox 360 with a larger 120GB hard drive in late April. The new 360 model will retail for approximately $479 and come with an HDMI output and an HDMI cable. The updated 360 sports a sexy all-black color scheme that includes black accessories, which will also be sold seperatly."

The rumors are coming true, heck yes ^_^. 120GB hard drive, I hope they sell that seperatly as well because I don't intend to buy a new 360, but I look foreward to the new "sexy all-black color scheme" all the same.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Pretty ****ing lame and a huge missed opportunity on MS' part. There were rumours that it would not only run cooler, but quieter, and apparently that's not true at all. You're basically just getting HDMI, 120 gigs, and black paint job. Not worth the cash. They could've at least tossed in wifi or HD-DVD drive.

Posted by muffla

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: 120GB hard drive, I hope they sell that seperatly as well because I don't intend to buy a new 360

i cant rember where i read it, maybe the feed?, but the 120 gig harddrive will be sold for under 200 dollars

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're basically just getting HDMI, 120 gigs, and black paint job. Not worth the cash.

For 79 dollars more, what was the old hard drive that came with the $400 was maybe a little less that 20 gigs, you can get a 120gb, with all that downloadable content that you cant fit on your hard drive, its totally worth it, I don't think anyone who has a 360 already would buy a new one, but its completely worth it if you plan on buying one and you don't have one yet, but it does suck that it doesn't run cooler >.<#.

Quoted post: i cant rember where i read it, maybe the feed?, but the 120 gig harddrive will be sold for under 200 dollars

It's selling for 100 bucks.

Quoted post: For 79 dollars more, what was the old hard drive that came with the $400 was maybe a little less that 20 gigs, you can get a 120gb, with all that downloadable content that you cant fit on your hard drive, its totally worth it, I don't think anyone who has a 360 already would buy a new one, but its completely worth it if you plan on buying one and you don't have one yet, but it does suck that it doesn't run cooler >.<#.

Obviously it's a better deal if you don't have one. But I do, as do many others. That's why it's a missed opportunity to attract current 360 owners.

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Obviously it's a better deal if you don't have one. But I do, as do many others. That's why it's a missed opportunity to attract current 360 owners.

We thought noone would want a slim PS2, but man they showed us, and there are no advantages, it even runs hotter, If anything the new 360 will sell more than the slim PS2, and it sold a lot.

Posted by Fate

I was planning on getting a 360 of my own anyways.

Quoted post: We thought noone would want a slim PS2, but man they showed us, and there are no advantages, it even runs hotter, If anything the new 360 will sell more than the slim PS2, and it sold a lot.

Bahahahaha. This Elite will never sell more than the PStwo. Plus, you'd be surprised what a slimming down can do to sale (what's up, DS Lite?) Hell, if they slimmed down the 360 I'd actually buy it.

Posted by Creedence

Yea, speacaly if it ran cooler, stupid slim PS2 >.<.

Posted by junior senior

it comes in black, guys! of course it's better!

not rly

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I think it's pretty awesome, and the black paint job makes it look cooler than before.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I think they should also make the other versions cheaper.

Posted by pooper_scooper3

i think it's really mean for microsoft to do this to its fans! "you were devoted enough to get it in the first year?!?! well SCREW YOU!" WELL SCREW YOU BILL GATES!

Haha, oh wow. I bet you bought a DS Lite.

Posted by Creedence

DS'es were awesome, but I had to stick with Sony and buy a PSP. Now I really wish I would have bought a DS, but I always used to stick with Sony, until PSP that is, it had a poor library. Only good game was Syphon Philter: Dark Mirror. I played MGS: Portable Opps and its not as good as some people make it sound. Anyway, if you didn't have a 360 or yours broke beyond repair would you buy the new Black one?

Yeah, of course. I was planning on buying one simply because I thought it was getting the new processors they've been talking about for a long time which would make it run both cooler and quieter. But it's not.

Posted by Creedence

Yea, to bad. I went to a friends house and brought my 360 and let him play it and hook it up. When I came back some 30 minutes later he had the power box sitting on the insolated carpet and the light was red. I never let him touch my 360 again. I learned a lesson though, never let idiots play your 360, its not idiot safe. So if your an idiot, don't buy a black 360 either or you'l break it.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

HAHAHA, you talking bout Jacob? yea seriously he's an idiot sometimes. anyway the black paint job does make it look cooler, but im not gonna buy a new 360 for a 120gig hard drive, im just gonna buy a new 120gig hard drive seperate.

Quoted post: im just gonna buy a new 120gig hard drive seperate.

Enjoy getting the massive MS fist right up your a[COLOR="White"]s[/COLOR]s then. You do realise you can get a 500 GB HDD for the same price as the 120 GB HDD MS is offering, right?

Posted by KoH

I WANT MY ******* HDMI CABLES FOR THE REGULAR 360.

Seriously, if they offered regular HDMI cables for the 360 I have now I won't upgrade. But, considering that I prefer black over white, plus the extra HD storage, and the HDMI output, I'll probably upgrade.