Alcest

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

http://www.myspace.com/alcestmusic

Probably never heard of him, but take a quick listen to the material that was put up from his new album. Neige, who's the only member of the band, has been basically creating black metal for years that has sounded better, more unique, and completely original to anything else before. Easily one of the best musicians I know of, and his last Alcest release proved that. He took an ugly genre and manged to make it really quite beautiful. And now, for his follow up he's going in a completely different direction with all clean vocals, slowing the music down, and focusing on something much more soft. Though, and maybe why it interests me so much, it's still backed by the same quality you'd expect from a black metal release and even features the same distant, buzzy guitar sound that's famous within the genre. So essentially, it's a black metal release at heart, but something completely different and actually really wonderful. Can't wait until it's released this summer.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I own a copy of the Alcest's Le Secret myself and love it. It reminds me of a softer, more autumnal black metal similar to Drudkh's Autumn Aurora in this respect. The vocals are pretty interesting and unique to this band on the second track and I'm curious if he'll perform similarly on the next album. Great band, great musician. Gotta love Fairyland eh?

Posted by Stalolin

WHAT

HOW IS THIS BLACK METAL

IT SOUNDS GOOD

Posted by Omni

Wow, Vampiro made a thread. :D

You sent me the song "Le Secret" a while back and it's really good stuff. Also, the stuff on the page was spectacular.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

It's quite beautiful. Actually just what I was looking for in music, too.

Posted by Shade

Sounds good.

And it seems that Vampiro's found a new favorite band.

Nah, Shin-Ra showed me Alcest quite awhile ago. Fantastic stuff, though not my favourite.

Posted by Omni

What is Vampiro's favorite band? It's probably Xasthur.

I'd probably have to say Syny Severa (guy from my avatar)

Posted by Shade

Huh. Either way, I have tracked you down through MySpace.

Don't say anything to ruin this "accomplishment" :(

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I'd probably have to say Syny Severa (guy from my avatar)

Man, I miss the days of hunting that guy's records down for months at a time. He needs to start making music again.

By the way, for those who don't know, my avatar is a Syny Severa cd cover.

Posted by Omni

I've got one of his songs.

Posted by Shade

When's the new Alcest gonna leak, Vamp? You're like a ****ing psychic when it comes to leaks.

idk, so far all they've given is summer 2007 release. Can't guess with any real accuracy.

Posted by Omni

Actually, it's August 3rd in Germany and August 6th for the international release. I read it on his site.

Oh really? Wouldn't be surprised to see it late june, early july then.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I'd guess sometime in June it'll leak. Should I beat everyone to finding it(certainly possible...lol), i'll ul it here.

Posted by Omni

My wager is on Vamp or myself for posting this before you.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Posting? Maybe. Finding first? we'll see... ;)

Posted by Omni

New song!

"Souvenirs d'un autre monde" from the upcoming album:
[code]http://www.mediafire.com/?fobbjl10rgt[/code]

Atmospheric black metal
5.61 MB

Even if you don't like black metal, check this out. There are no harsh vocals. It's really peaceful like some kind of otherwordly folk song. I'm sure this album will be amazing.

Posted by Corrupt

I've been wanting this for quite some time. Thanks a ton.

Posted by Omni

No problem. I found it right after you left earlier.

I'll wait until the full album is leaked.

Posted by Omni

Okay, promo copies have been released. I know this because I talked to someone who has one, but he doesn't want to share it. Hopefully, it will leak soon.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Shouldn't be long. Within the next few day's, I should have my copy. Hopefully...

All right, I'm depending on you, Omni, to track it down before I find it in my leisurely searches. Cannot ****ing wait.

Posted by Omni

http://www.last.fm/user/slanesh

This guy has it, but he told me he can't share it. :(

I'll keep looking.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

If promo's are out, it won't be very long before one gets leaked. So, like I was saying...it should be within a week or so.

Quoted post: This guy has it, but he told me he can't share it.

I'm guessing he other got it for review, or from the band personally, right? I don't blame him if that's the case.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I have a friend who reviews for some metal E-zine, i'll have to see if he can hook me up. But I have enough other sources, that the wait shouldn't be too bad.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

A couple day's later than I had hoped, but check the uploads thread :)

Posted by Omni

Okay, so I listened to it on my way to work, and it exceeded my already high expectations. Every single song is amazing. It's easily one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

Quoted post: Okay, so I listened to it on my way to work, and it exceeded my already high expectations. Every single song is amazing. It's easily one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

This has got me excited.

Thanks Grave.

Posted by Omni

I like how we're technically where the leak originated, since Grave got it directly from his friend before anyone else had leaked it. My Alcest group at Last.fm is going crazy asking where we got it from, so I told them they could register here if they want to.

That might explain the abundance of guests in the upload thread I saw.

Posted by Klarth

anyone got a sendspace link? Megaupload *refuses* to work in South America.

Posted by Omni

A guy on Last.fm shouted this Rapidshit at me:
[code]http://rapidshare.com/files/38136341/Alcest_by_nidhogg.rar[/code]

Same exact rip.

If that doesn't work, AIM me and I'll send you it over that.

Posted by Klarth

This is fine :D Love.

Posted by Shade

Downloading now. **** I'm excited.

Posted by Omni

According to MySpace, there could be a new Alcest album this year:
[quote]I am currently working on the new album, the composition goes well and I guess it will be finished quite soon (maybe in 2-3 months if things keep on in this way). This album will contain 5 or 6 new tracks and also the 2 tracks of the EP "Le Secret" entirely re-recorded. Looking at the new songs, I think the result will be very epic, powerful (but of course still luminous and euphorical); some of them will even have harsh vocals again.

Otherwise I plan to do some shows at the end of the year, more infos about this soon....

Posted by Corrupt

Sweet, looking forward to this!

Posted by Omni

I'm looking forward to the fact that he'll scream on it. His harsh vocals rule.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Stalolin;559546]WHAT

HOW IS THIS BLACK METAL

IT SOUNDS GOOD

wow, i was a total dick

and alcest with harsh vocals sounds like it would be pretty interesting

Posted by Omni

He used them on "El

Posted by Corrupt

El

Posted by Xero

Awesome! :D

Posted by Crazy K

Can't wait! :)

harsh vocals again? badass as ****

Posted by Shade

Hmmmm.

Kinda hope the harsh vocals are used in moderation.

I kinda hope you're stupid face is shown in moderation.

Posted by Omni

Only loser faggots don't like Neige's screaming.

Posted by Slade

Sigh... Almost everyone I know is a loser faggot. Though it's worth it when someone's literally scared by his vocals. Better than taking the "hahahaha that's hilarious" stance, which is most common.

[QUOTE]I am glad to inform you that I will perform vocals on ".neon", the next album of the German band Lantl

Well, Lantlos is no shocker. The neige influence is unmistakable. So that's cool. Forgotten Woods just needs to put their **** out now.

Posted by Shade

Cool. I've always preferred English to Gibberish.

It's all the same in black metal.