Help setting up HD TV!

Posted by Proto Man

Ok, so tonight, we bought a brand new HDTV. It was a 46 in. Samsung with 1080p. We have the cable box hooked via HDMI, and our DVD Recorder hooked via Component cables and RCA stereo jacks. We have the cable going into this new MONSTER power surge protecter. From there it goes to the box.

NOW the HD channels themselves look awesome. It's like all the reviews say, it's like you are actually THERE!

Here are a few questions though. Are the NON HD channels supposed to look bad? :confused: I mean they look ok, but they don't look as good as on the analogue set. Almost kinda grainy.

Also, I noticed on the TNT HD channel, the sound wasn't in sync with picture. This was the only channel we noticed it though.

Then there is the matter of our DVD recorder. There seems to be weird diagnal interfearence. Not LINES lines, but some kind of noise or interference. This DVD player DOES have progressive scan, but for some reason it doesn't want to work right. It makes the picture jumpy, and just look worse. Why is that happening I wonder?