Name Association.

Posted by Ant

If you were to meet your fellow VGC members in real life, how would you address them? By their VGC screenname, or actual first name, or perhaps some other nickname? And to those of you who have actually visited other vgc members how DID you address them?

Of the two that I did meet I found it was easier to call Corrupt...corrupt. It just seemed natural to call him that for some reason. And the now captain Cleanoff...well I don't even remember what his screenname was when we meet, but I found myself calling him Freddy.

The power is yours!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'd call you Ant. Or maybe Tony. And Judge would be Derick. Or Rick.

Slade would be Slade, because whatever his name is is stupid.
LoS would be Matt, definitely.
Corrupt I'd call Corrupt. Or Ian Fox. Yeah, that's a hot name.

... and I thought this was in DA. So I was going to go name by name, but since it's not **** it. Basically, I'd call most people by their screen names because it would be stupid enough to everyone around us that it would be funny.

Posted by Corrupt

From what I remember, Ant was just "Ant," Judge was "Derick," Captain Cleanoff/Freddy G was "Brandon" (lol real name), billards was "Vince," Darksong was "Joe," and then there was just Lauren and that one other girl Dani (I don't specifically remember her actual name) who both don't frequent VGC.

As for some of the others, I'd say Vamp would be either "Vamp" or "CJ," seeing as I think they both suit him well, Aesthetic would be "Sammy," Dexter would be just "Dex," and so on and so forth. Oh yeah, and I remember accidentally letting the name "Raptor" slip occasionally when addressing him while over in Hawaii, instead of using his real name. Good times.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Or Ian Fox. Yeah, that's a hot name.

you forgot about ian foxy :o

Posted by Xero

I don't think I know anyone's real name here, so I would have to call you by your username at first. Then, I'd ask for your real name.

Posted by Omni

I'd probably refer to people by name if I know their name, unless I slip and accidentally call them by their usernames. I'm also confounded by the amount of people who seem not to know my name when a lot of people call me that on the site.

Posted by Lord of Spam

depends on if I knew their real name. If I do, I'd use that. The only exception I can think of being rupty, freddy, and maybe beej.

Posted by Kit

If I didn't know already, I'd ask them for their name and call them it.

Posted by Slade

It depends. If it was Vamp or Dex, for example, I'd call them... Vamp and Dex. But I'm not going to go calling some kid "redknight420" or anything. Most people have names that wouldn't work well, but if it's a reasonable screenname I would treat it as a nickname.

[quote=vampypoo]Slade would be Slade, because whatever his name is is stupid.
Pfft, my first name IS stupid, but my last(see: IM screennames) rocks pretty hard.

Quoted post: Pfft, my first name IS stupid, but my last(see: IM screennames) rocks pretty hard.

Nah, nothing beats my last name. Nothing.

Posted by KoH

When I visited Random I usually called him Random and he actually called me KoH.

T'was nerdy, indeed.

Posted by The Judge

I make at least half an effort to know people by their first names here, so I'd try my best, though I'm almost positive at random times I have adressed VGC members IRL and on the phone by their screen names.

Posted by mis0

I think other members would just call me "sexy" if they met me IRL. Because it's the truth.

Posted by Omni

If they're gay or women, maybe.

Posted by The Judge

I would. Regardless. :p:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

By their first name. If I don't know it, then you don't matter.

Posted by Stalolin

everyone is screenname'd

Except for maybe Angelwing, who I'd call Misa.

Posted by The Judge

Shut up, Mike.

Posted by Stalolin

No you, Derick.

Posted by The Judge

Would've been funnier if I got your name wrong. Nuts.

Posted by Sterling

I'd probably call everyone that have a screenname easy enough to make a nickname of their SN. But for The Judge or something I'd call him derick. And In case anyone happens to meet me, my name is Sterling.

Posted by The Judge

Meaning I'd call you Silver.

To anyone who meets me, call me Handgun.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Koligraphy: And In case anyone happens to meet me, my name is Sterling.

Wow, if I had a name like Sterling, I'd probably be as much of a faggot as you are.

I would call Philsdad "Jimma," since that's the name I first knew him as.
wolfgirl084 I would simply call "wolfgirl," as I doubt I'll be meeting more than one wolfgirl from vgc at a time.
Dexter would be Dexter, as "Dex" sounds too much like a brand of wood treatment product. And that's not good.
I think I'd use quickSHOT_14's full username, taking extra care to provide the emphasis on "SHOT," of course.
Junior Senior, I would simply refer to as "it." Though, heaven forbid I should ever have to come within a twenty mile radius of it.
I would refer to Rio Linda de Janeiro by her full username, as anything less would be uncivilized.

Posted by whore

Most certainly Newman

Posted by The Judge

What about me? :-*

Actually, I forget your real name, so I'd call you Raptor.

Posted by Sterling

Oh, man I'd love to call you whore.
I mean the person above derick.

Posted by Aesthetic

Trigger would be both "West" and her real name, depending on the situation. For example, if we were firing missiles and scribbling on kangaroos, or trying to merge Australia with America, she would be West. For more practical conversations, I'm sure I'd use her real name. Maybe.

LoS would be "Mattiekins" for a short while, but since that would get annoying very quickly, I'd move on to "stinky butt." It just fits.

Corrupt would be "Ruptian," always and forever.

Angelwing would be "Angelisa," but since I get impatient with longer nicknames, "Lisa" would eventually be used.

Derick would be- well, since I already subconsciously use his name in place of his username, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll use it in person. With "cow" and "icky" thrown in every once and a while.

Xenos is her real name, because it's cool.

Speedfreak would be "Adam" or "Speedy," but only the latter if I was mocking him. Which is usually all the time, but regardless.

Everyone else is whatever I deem them.

Posted by s0ul

I like how the people who have met me excluded me. And also how the people I've met don't really talk to me anymore. :cool2:

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Aesthetic:
Derick would be- well, since I already subconsciously use his name in place of his username, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll use it in person. With "cow" and "icky" thrown in every once and a while.

Still don't know if I'd call you Sam or Samantha.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting The Judge: Still don't know if I'd call you Sam or Samantha.

Samwise.

Posted by The Judge

I think I will now.

Posted by Arcadios

I'd call them by what's on their birth certificate.

Posted by The Judge

I carry it with me for referrence.

Posted by Draxamus

I know more people from the WoN chats than I do VGChatters. I'd call most of them by their handles. Actually, I'd probably call a lot of them by old handles that only I refer to them as. For those of you who remember Kahran, his old handle was Squall; so I call him that. Zac is Zac--that's his real name. Jim Rome is Mike Whitler, but I have to call him Jim Rome. Alagnos is Alagnos, but is also Albuquerque, and Charivorax. The rest of the WoNers I know are relatively unknown to VGChat, so I won't mention them.

As for actual VGChatters, though I don't know any of them too well: Jesse Smith is Jesse Smith--not just Jesse, but Jesse Smith.

Iris I actually had some sort of internet relationship with in the past. But it was weird, cause we weren't really that close or anything. No netsex either! I even called her Amy during it, instead of Stephanie.

Fate I met before most of VGChat, because she came into WoN as Princess Peach. I sometimes refer to her as that, but that really isn't her label in my mind. When she came to VGChat she was Princess Kitty, and she acted less intelligent than she did in the chat. She tried to get my attention, but I avoided her. I sometimes wonder if we would have been friends if I hadn't. I dunno what I'd call her in person.

Zargathos stole my name and my AWAY MESSAGE. I would call him Zargathos, and wonder if I'm pronouncing it correctly.

Freddy is FreddyG, because that's who he was when I met him. We had a falling out because of his poor moderation.

Aesthetic, I found out, went to this chat called Ninworld that I visited infrequently. We discussed that a little. I forget why I first IMed her, though. Her real name actually slips my mind at the moment, but I'll always remember her as Pianoforte. If I met her in person, I'd probably find out her real name. I think she's pretty attractive, and real names are more intimate. [EDIT: Oh right, I just invited a bunch of people to some AIM chat (not many accepted), and her AIM sn is her name.]

Sablewind was Latias. Fate couldn't remember that. Her real name is Anna, I think; but I would call her Latias. I give her a C-

Anyone remember Sagat? I think he was a mod of the fighting games board at one point. Like Zargathos, he was an age faker. He sort of vanished after that revelation--making only a few scattered appearances. His real name is Mike. He was also known as Nystile, which of course lead to Nysticle. I would call him Nysticle.

That's enough for now.

Posted by G-Sides

i'd just say "hey, bud!" to everyone since i do it anyway irl

Posted by Aesthetic

Quoting s0ul: I like how the people who have met me excluded me. And also how the people I've met don't really talk to me anymore. :cool2:

Well, the not talking to you kind of makes me forget about you, until I see you post. Also, I don't think I called you anything. In the few hours you were here, it's not like I had many chances to say, "Hey, betty, come over here," or, "betty, look at this interesting molecular formation that I found whilst sitting on the floor." However, more time might have given me that chance. The world will never know.

Quoting Zeta: Samwise.

Already a nickname. C'mon, you can do better than that.

Posted by MarioStar

I would call them silly.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Aesthetic: Already a nickname. C'mon, you can do better than that.

... ... ... ... ... Yeah, I got nothing. =/

Posted by Aesthetic

:(

edit: damn you, legolover.

Posted by NES Queen

i'd call people by their real name. if I didn't know it, I doubt there would be much of a chance of us ever meeting in person anyway

Quoted post: Actually, I forget your real name, so I'd call you Raptor.

Neil? That's what I'd call him. Because he's not a Neil by any internet standards.

Posted by The Judge

Raptor it is.

Sure thing, Ricky.

Posted by G-Sides

Sure thing, Thomas.

does vgc have a thomas :s

If it doesn't it should. Which it doesn't, so it should.

Posted by Slade

Call me... BONE SAW.

T-Bone? Sure thing, Coco.

Posted by Slade

Idk some of my niggas call me "Ket-Dawg."

Posted by Sterling

****, i just realised there are like no black people on VGC.
but i'd probably just call people by their handles or handle nicknames.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Koligraphy: ****, i just realised there are like no black people on VGC.

Probably because most black people are too busy being crunk and gangsta and spending all their dough on bling and hoes to afford the internet.

Posted by Shade

You may call me Brian.

I know a black guy named Brian. Weirdest ****ing thing.

Posted by Bebop

If I met them for the first time by their member name.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting NES Queen: ****, i just realised there are like no black people on VGC.

isn't Pit black? or at least half black?

half black, half spic, but more spic than black.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

In my head, you've always been Ant, and Judge has been Derick. I usually call people by their real names given the option - like, if I know it or not