PS3 Launch turns **** in Europe

Posted by Arcadios

Found this on wiki
[quote]On the March 23, 2007, 3000 fans and journalists were expected at the promotional launch of the console in Paris, at midnight, organized by Sony near the Eiffel Tower. Of the 3000 people expected, only 50 attended the event, which was described as a "fiasco" by certain websites and newspapers.

Another link.
http://www.ecanadanow.com/technology/2007/03/23/ps3-fails-to-sell-on-french-launch-day/
http://www.shortnews.com/shownews.cfm?id=61263

Posted by TheSorrow

not really that much of a surprise....

Posted by Colonel

That's a little embarassing.

Posted by Zeta

What else was be to expected after Sony ****ing Europe over?

Posted by protomanv4

I'm not suprised eather since I bet the people were sick of waiting and got a Wii or Xbox 306 instaed.

Posted by TheSorrow

Quoting Colonel: That's a little embarassing.

a little...thats major embarasment....

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I read these articles with what can only spoken of as glee. My fondest wishes for the video game industry are coming true.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

hahaha, that's so awesome. Sony just got pwnt by Frenchies, now thats embarrasing all within itself.

Posted by Oforia

Not a suprise at all. Ps3 was a failure

Posted by Arcadios

Hmm...why is this thread a sticky?

Posted by Alastor

To prevent a ton of "lol ps3 launched sucked in europe" threads, I guess.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Arcadios: Hmm...why is this thread a sticky?

Good question. Un-stuck.

Posted by s0ul

This is different from what I read about it breaking records.

???

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting s0ul: This is different from what I read about it breaking records.

???

Yeah. The PS3 sold better in its first weekend than the 360 and Wii did in the UK in their respective launches, and Resistance: Fall of Man debuted at the top of the charts (as well as other PS3 games in the top 10).

But then again, we're in VGC, so positive Sony news don't really exist. :)

Posted by s0ul

Yeah. I did hear they had every SCEE employee eat a baby in celebration of the record breaking, so...

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Big Boss:
But then again, we're in VGC, so positive Sony news don't really exist. :)

Its not that it doesnt exsist, it just get's burried and dies under the tons of Ninty Fan boy post's having a party every time the PS3 stub's its toe.

Posted by Zeta

YEAH THE PS3 ****ED UP AGAIN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTYYYYYY!!!!shift

Posted by Prince Shondronai

On the other hand, Nintendo's had nothing but good news these past 6 months: Record sales, record profits, exciting exclusive game announcements. Yep. Nintendo's got it all. It's a shame that when sony occaisionally does something right that it gets buried under all of the crap they've been doing wrong, I agree...Except, no I don't.