Nine Inch Nails

Posted by Omni

One of my friends saw my account name at VGC and he asked me about it. I told him that Pretty Hate Machine was an old Nine Inch Nails album, and he wasn't familiar with their music, so he asked me to upload it. I figured I'd post it in VGC. It gives people the chance to hear one of my favorite albums and it also explains my account name.

[code]http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=14199b1[/code]

If you're familiar with Nine Inch Nails from the newer releases, this album has much more of an 80's new wave feel to it. There's a lot of synths and it's very beat-driven. It also shows some definite influence by hip-hop music. There's not as much feedback-drenched guitar on this album as some of the ones that came after it. Trent Reznor described the band in this period as a new wave faggot synth act, and I guess the description fits if you wanna say it that way.

"Head Like A Hole" and "Sin" are my favorite songs on the album. If you've heard it before, post your opinions of the album here, too.

The title of the new album will be Year Zero, the tracklisting is as follows:

1. "Hyperpower!"
2. "The Beginning of the End" (Leaked, radio rip)
3. "Survivalism" (Leaked, CD quality)
4. "The Good Soldier"
5. "Vessel"
6. "Me, I'm Not" (Leaked, CD uuality)
7. "Capital G"
8. "My Violent Heart" (Leaked, CD quality)
9. "The Warning"
10. "God Given"
11. "Meet Your Master"
12. "The Greater Good"
13. "The Great Destroyer"
14. "Another Version of the Truth"
15. "In This Twilight" (Leaked, CD quality)
16. "Zero-Sum"

"Not So Pretty Now" and "Non-Entity" are two tracks that Nine Inch Nails has been performing at live shows recently. Trent has indicated these songs may also see future release, and had previously stated they might appear on this album. I'm hoping they are.

It's supposed to be a concept album. Trent Reznor described it as the soundtrack to a movie that doesn't exist. He has said that he is particularly disappointed with rock music recently, especially the emo music trends. The album was apparently influenced by NWA, but it's not a hip-hop album. Also, unlike previous NIN releases, the focus is less on heavy guitar and more on electronic beats. It's a new sound for NIN.

The CD quality songs were found on USB drives at some Nine Inch Nails concerts recently. It's obviously a ploy to aid the viral marketing of the album that's been going on recently with intentionally leaked files. Here's the 4 high leaked tracks from the album at 320kbps. Enjoy. Also, if anything new leaks, I'll probably upload it here. Let me know what you think. :)

[code]http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=1cc393d[/code]

I personally found them to be much more exciting than most of the tracks on With Teeth. Although I liked the album, I think it was Reznor's worst effort.

Posted by fates warning

PHM is probably my favorite NIN album. Either that or the fragile. But yeah, awesome music.

Through my first listen to the new songs, I was not too impressed (exception=survivalism). I get the feeling they will grow on me with more plays.

Posted by Omni

That's funny, because "Survivalism" was actually my least favorite of the four, although I enjoyed the music video for it a lot. "My Violent Heart" is probably the best one in my opinion. I'm hoping that the other songs on the album are at least as good as these ones. I'll also keep an eye out for any more songs that leak.

Posted by Arcadios

I highly enjoyed PHM today.
I may be on the look out for more.

Posted by Omni

If I upload the Broken EP and The Downward Spiral, would you be up for checking those out? Broken is angrier and more guitar-driven than Pretty Hate Machine, and The Downward Spiral is probably his most interesting full album to date. His early stuff is all really good. His later stuff is good, too, but his style changed drastically on The Fragile and the releases that came after it.

Posted by Omni

The new album is out tomorrow in the UK and the next day in the US. I'm going to try and grab it ASAP online and share it here. If Raptor or someone else gets it first, share it here please. :)

Posted by Omni

[code]http://www.mediafire.com/?cmfq0wlnnm0[/code]

Here it is.

Posted by S

I'm currently listening to the album. It's pretty interesting so far but I think I like The Downward Spiral, The Fragile, and With Teeth more. I'm about half way through now, though, so it may improve. I'm on Capital G at the moment, and its not too bad but not really a song I stumbled over in awe.

Posted by Omni

"My Violent Heart" and "Zero-Sum" are the best songs on the album, if you ask me. "Survivalism" has also grown on me.

Posted by S

I've listened to the entire CD twice now. As far as things go, I'm not disappointed with the CD. It's nothing ground-shaking either though. I'll probably be listening to this for a few weeks before getting bored of it. I'll break it down a little farther when I've got more insight into it.

Right now I think I like Capital G, God Given, The Great Destroyer, and The Warning... but I'm not sure.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Arcadios: I highly enjoyed PHM today.
I may be on the look out for more.

You should enjoy him everyday, because he is a part of a nutritious and balanced breakfast. Also has an awesome taste in music

As far as Year Zero goes, it's awesome. Also, the CD changes colour after it has been in the CD player, which is wicked awesome. I like Me, I'm Not and My Violent Heart the best, but the whole album is an orgasm.