Late nights.

Posted by Aesthetic

So yeah, ever since I moved in with my friend Justin, I've been learning how to have a social life. I've always been a night owl, but it's recently gotten a bit worse. A few nights ago, I tried to force myself to fall asleep at 2:30 AM (and I really was tired, honestly!), but I couldn't until 4:30. That bothered me, as I NEVER have a problem with falling asleep. Usually I wait until I'm completely exhausted, but it kind of sucks to know that I can't just go to bed whenever, in case the next day calls for it.

Anyway, this is a thread about what you do when you're up late. Whether you're in your room, hunched in front of a monitor, or you're out at a bar getting plastered, describe your best and/or worst late nights.

Mine happened last Saturday night. I worked 9-5 and was waiting for my roommate to come home, since his friend Gian invited us both over to his house after Justin got out at midnight. Little did I know that they had set up a table to play beer pong. Needless to say, that was a fun night. I hate beer, and I did sit out the first round, but I wasn't having any fun sitting there on the couch, watching them have all the fun. So I joined.

Keep in mind, I had to be at work at 6:00 AM the next morning, and by that point, it was already 1:30. So I didn't plan on playing too much, maybe just a round or two. Or five. Yeah, I was pretty happy by the time we decided to take a break. This being the third time I've gotten drunk in my life, I didn't think to eat before I came over, so I muched on Frosted Animal Crackers and "hint of lime" tortilla chips while playing. Not smart. Still, I was having fun, and proceded to sit down and have a nice drunken debate over chauvinistic homophobes ruining the world. I didn't necessarily start it, but I definitely had fun antagonizing the rest. Between Justin, Gian, Gian's girlfriend Jess, Jake and his girlfriend, Kelly (not including Matt, passed out on the couch), we argued for a good hour, jumping from topic to topic. Me, being the happy-go-lucky drunk, the typical "lol *hic* lol" drunk we all are severely annoyed by, I eventually had to leave and go home to find something to eat.

Crossing the road felt like a game of Frogger.

So I get back, and that's when I start feeling nauseous. I try to hold it off, try to keep my eyes open so that things wouldn't start spinning (because we all know that if you don't close your eyes, you CAN prevent yourself from puking) - buuut I realize that my foolproof plan sort of sucks, and I wobble to the porcelain love of my life and give it a nice three heapings of frosted animal cookies covered in lime tortilla goodness.

As I finish, I'm still clutching the cold toilet, and my good friend Kellyn texts me. "Whats with justin saying your pregnant. like 5 mo. pregnant." Of course, immediately I think, "You suck at grammar," and proceed to text, "Justin who?" and, after I find out it's not my roommate but, in fact, a kid I've known since first grade, I intelligently reply with my best English, "Lol i havnt talked to hiw in like a mnth." She then calls, asks, "Are you drunk?!" and, after assuring her that I would be killing the baby if I was pregnant, and that I just wouldn't do such a thing, she comes over to see what she never thought imaginable: drunk Sam.

So what do we do? We play the Wii, of course.

After about a minute and a half of drunk Wii bowling, we half-run, half-walk over to the other Justin's apartment, where everyone is doing the norm for the weekend: playing strip poker. By this time, it's 4:30 AM. I'm watching the new game of beer pong, singing Akon while hiccuping on a couch next to 5 naked girls and a different passed out Matt, just enjoying being smashed. Well, it got to be 5:30, and they wanted to start another game. "Come on, Sam! You know you wanna." And anyone who knows me knows that I would never, could never strip in front of people. I mean, my insecurity issues and morals seriously clash with this, not to mention I suck at poker. Sober Sam would not approve. So what do I say? "Guys, I have to be walking to work in 15 minutes. Let's make it fast."

Sufficed to say, I lost. But at least with the way we were all playing, there was only one winner, and so the rest of us were naked. Along with one guy who was trying desperately to cover his balls. lol. Plus, I had a pillow, so it wasn't so bad. Well, it was. But the best part of it all was going to work still slightly drunk and greeting customers with a slightly nauseated but cheerful smile and a nice, "Good morning!" to each and every one.

Okay, so I partied and got naked. I know I could've summed it up much sooner, but I had to account for everything somewhere. And why not VGC. Anyway, I had fun. I had a lot of fun. And I plan on having more fun, just maybe not quite so naked. But that was my late night.

Now for yours.

Posted by Raptor

I went to Oasis Market yesterday and got an incredible bargain on Bacardi 151

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Bottle of whisky, a fat cigar, and a good movie.

Posted by Omni

I'm incredibly prone to spending long nights on the internets downloading music the day before I have to work at 6AM, especially lately. Not much fun at all.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I rarely stay up late anymore. Girl needs her beauty sleep. Last time I stayed up late was a few weeks ago. Arrived home at 6:30am (thankfully had the rest of the day off). Drunken fun was had at a hotel with a bunch of friends.

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=Raptor]I don't mind getting a good buzz, but but most of the time, I don't care for getting "plastered." I rarely experience any harsh hangover, but there are still some residual effects I can feel after waking up that I don't particularly like, such as an uncomfortable sensation in my legs and an unpleasant 'icky' feeling in my throat.

I don't have bad hangovers, either; at least from what I've experienced. When I went into work that morning, the worst part of mine was being extremely hungry, but too nauseous to really eat anything of substance. That didn't really bother me, though. I'm still trying to figure out how many drinks it takes me to only get buzzed, since that offers the relaxation and care-free attitude I get while drunk, without the room spinning part.

Posted by The Judge

I spend my late nights reading books, talking about fantasy creatures like Vampires and Werewolves, talking to friends, playing video games, watching other people drink, going to Denny's or other late-night places, and playing role playing games. I live the life of a very discontent king.

Posted by NES Queen

I can rarely stay awake past 1am nowadays. it sucks getting old :(

Posted by Oforia

I enjoy driving around with friends, and going to some night clubs. There are some great House clubs here in Atlanta, without the douchefaggotry that exists in many clubs. If I am not at a club, I love to just chill at home and maybe watch a horror movie. Music is a part of my daily life, so I usually always have something playing in the background. There are a lot of good places to eat around here, so I enjoy eating out late with my friends or my girlfriend. I also like to take a nice walk at night every now and then in a quiet park near my neighborhood. I usually stay up till about 1:00am every night.

Posted by MarioStar

Watch cheesey horror movies and then wack it.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I go on my computer, talk to people, forums, pr0n etc
When I get bored of that I go on my 360 and play some online games with my friends
And sometimes, depending what day/time it is, I watch TV

Posted by Red

I'm a bit of an insomniac if I do say so myself. on weeknights I ussually go to bed at around 5-6ish. and even then I'm not exausted I mostly just force myself, during this time I'm on the computer talking to people on msn, and vgc. then when I get off,I ussually play playstation, or watch one of my seasons of a show till I decide to go to bed.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Usually when I'm up late I chat it up with friends online. Then after awhile I usually pick up my close friends and we go driving to nowhere. =]

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=The Judge]going to Denny's or other late-night places

Good times. Lame, but good.

Yeah, my nights haven't been too exciting the past week. I've morphed back into my usual online geek self, at least for the past couple nights. But it's all good. However, there was an amazing thunderstorm tonight that I just couldn't resist. I was running through the parking lot, screaming, "IT'S A MONSOOOOOOOOON." I create my own fun.

Posted by mis0

I like to go exploring around the desert or even around the suburbs. I often find creepy, hair raising places straight out of horror films. I need to take my camera with me more often. Some of the places here are so incredibly dark because there is no light pollution at all. Going out in a new moon is like nothing else, because you can feel the infinite void of the desert but you can't see anything.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Late nights for me over the last few years consisted of drinking coffee with friends and smoking countless cigarettes until well into the next morning. Since I've been offline though, I've completely quit smoking and caffeine as well (since Thanksgiving). Basically, all I do at night now is go over to my friend's house, waste time playing video games, or study for the next day's assignments, Pathophysiology especially. Nothing really too special. I kinda miss the old days of driving around ridiculously late and hanging out at Waffle House, but gas costs money and cancer isn't really all that appealing. Boring shit, but that's what happens when you live in a small town in Texas of all places. Nothing to do here but loiter or play in a shitty band.

Posted by Xenos

I remember one time you went inside some abandoned hotel with your friends and found some kind of log book once - I wish there were more interesting places like that around here. :(

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm sure there's some sort of ghetto in your area. Go there, find a run down hotel, and have an extremely dangerous adventure.

Posted by Xenos

Oh joy, I remember you said there was some strange sounds in your hotel.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I once crept into an abandoned mental hospital and ****ed on one of the walls.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Xenos: Oh joy, I remember you said there was some strange sounds in your hotel.

Yeah, we made it to the top story and we started hearing a steady pattern of heavy thuds and a some movement. It sounded as though it was getting closer and closer too, so we freaked out and hauled ass out of there. We went back two weeks later, checked the top floor and found that it was a combination of a fan and a water leak. We felt like idiots. In our defense, we had absolutely no lighting other than the weak glow of a cellphone I had to reopen every half-minute or so. Good times. I still have those pictures by the way.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting NES Queen: I once crept into an abandoned mental hospital and ****ed on one of the walls.

mental hospitals are great fun. I've visited the one near me a few times and its always creepy. You always hear odd sounds and the air just feels different when you go into certain areas.

Posted by Trigger

One time, I got so drunk with my partner while we were watching Pirates of the Carribean. He was drinking Merlot, I was shotting Vodka - one of us was drinking harder than the other. That night, we make our way to bed and fall asleep, except during the night I decide it's a great idea to relieve my bladder of all the fluid consumed only hours before. I make my way to the bathroom, and then decide that I'm too tired to walk back to the bed and I guess that I chose the floor instead of walking the extra ten steps.

Later, I begin hearing knocking on the door asking to open the door - apparently I locked the door and turned the lights off, too. Hey, I'm sleeping and I don't want to be disturbed in my moment of darkness! I don't remember it, but the person trying to get me to open the bathroom door certainly does.

There's several drunken escapades I could talk about, but my most recent favourite is being paid by my employeer to spend three hours at the pub down the road from work, during my shift and still getting paid for it.