2008 Elections

Posted by Oforia

They are coming up soon. Who are you going to vote for, based off who has announced the are going to run, and/or who is rumored to run?

Posted by Tiptoegecko

If Hilary Clinton gets to run and if she wins, I am packing my bags and I am leaving.

Btw, does anyone know who is running? >.>

Posted by Oforia

Quoted post: Btw, does anyone know who is running? >.>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008
^Knock yourself out.

I am either voting for Ron Paul, or Rudy Giuliani. Both of which closely support my Libertarian beliefs.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Mixman: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008
^Knock yourself out.

Thanks. My mom votes Republican, so whatever is Republican is good I guess.

Posted by Crazy K

I could honestly care less, but I will be voting anyways since I will be turning 18 and can finally vote.

Anyways, I hope to be seeing Barack Obama against Rudy Giuliani. I really have no specific party, I'm basically in the middle.

Anyways I'd most likely vote for Giuliani, but I can't be to sure yet.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Tiptoegecko: Thanks. My mom votes Republican, so whatever is Republican is good I guess.

Are you kidding me? Maybe you should develop opinions of your own, and stop believing everything your parents do. Just a thought.

Posted by Fate

Please don't vote if your opinions aren't of your own choosing.

I'm going for Obama. He believes religion shouldn't bear on public policy, something super important to me. I think he's a nice guy and he seems to be set on wanting to reform stuff for the better. If it's not Obama on the ticket, then I'd rather not vote at all.

I'd be okay with Giuliani though.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Mixman: Are you kidding me? Maybe you should develop opinions of your own, and stop believing everything your parents do. Just a thought.

I know, but Im not 18, and to tell you the truth, I really don't care. As long as it's not Hilary Clinton or some other idiot, I don't care. When Im old enough, I will probably know more about that kind of crap and vote what I want.

And I don't believe everything my parent (yea, I only got a mom) tells me. I usually think on my own, unless it's something (like this) where I know little about or I just don't care

Posted by Fate

If you don't follow politics, how can you justly call Hilary an idiot?

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Hilary Clinton: Young people today think work is a four-letter word.

Making fun of us young peoples work ethic! Us young people work hard.

And I also think she is a liberal (Im not 100%) But liberals are freaking idiots.

+ I think she was the one who wanted M games banned from the market

Correct me if I am wrong, but that's my grudge on her

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Fate: If you don't follow politics, how can you justly call Hilary an idiot?

Last time I checked, she was a buddy of Jack Thompson's. That's enough of a reason for anyone to hate her... Any gamer at least.

OF COURSE I HAVEN'T CHECKED IN LIKE A YEAR OR WHATEVER, SO HEY...

Posted by Oforia

Alright, if you are going to post, try to explain who you are going to vote for. I don't want this to become a topic where everyone just bashes the candidates. Because it is in the war board, make an attempt to make your posts serious. I'm not speaking in particular to one person but to everybody.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I'm pulling for McCain. If he doesn't get it, Juliani would be a good run as well. I don't see Hillary beating out Obama, so I wouldn't mind Obama winning. They're all classy candidates, for once, so there's no "lesser of two evils" vote like last time.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I could care less, and haven't cared about who sat in the Oval Office since I left the military.. But, since it's only a rumor; I'm voting Christopher Walken.

[url]www.walken2008.com[/url]

Posted by Omni

I will not vote. It's bad enough I didn't register for it and they're sending me jury duty.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Though he wouldnt be my first choice, having McCain in the white house wouldnt really bother me. I really havent done any looking into either hillary or obama though, so I cant really say anything there yet.

Quoting Tiptoegecko: Thanks. My mom votes Republican, so whatever is Republican is good I guess.

You're a ******* moron.

edit: and to ripoff miso, im also registered as an independant, but lean heavily liberal

Posted by mis0

I will vote Hilary/Obama, personally I prefer Obama but either one of the two will do a whole lot to fix Bush's mess. If it must be a republican, then hopefully McCain will win. At least the man has some common sense and is articulate. However, I fear he will "stay the course", no matter how disasterous it becomes. I'm really tired of stuffy white guys sitting in the Oval Office. I would love to see a black man or white woman there. And either one of the two, I think, would really repair all of the damage this administration has caused.

Tiptoegecko: Watch the news. If you can honestly doubt that there is serious corruption in the Bush White House, then you're stupid. That is the main reason I'm going to vote democrat regardless of the candidate to teach republicans a lesson they still haven't learned from the 2006 elections: the NSA policies / Patriot Act modifications to existing laws are unacceptable, the war and all of the Haliburton business contracts are unacceptable, and that the thorough corruption is unacceptable. I'm still ****ed about Michael Brown and the Katrina mess and I'm unhappy about the current situation involving republican congressmen pressuring attorney generals to prosecute/stop prosecuting cases that could be politically helpful or harmful to them, and their failure to comply leading to their terminations. Alito Gonzales will end up resigning soon, I would assume. Not to mention the outting of CIA operative Valerie Plame.

Clinton was impeached for infidelity. Bush likely won't be impeached even though he and his buddies have basically raped the American people by sending thousands off to die in a pointless, endless war, awarding contracts to their over-charging friends, and illegally getting rid of political opposition. If those are conservative values, count me out.

For the record: I'm a regestered independent, and consider myself to be a moderate liberal. :cool:

Posted by Random

I won't be voting much for the Democratic Party. At least not for President. Democrats are full of liars who believe they fix everything when they tend to make things worse.

I'm a firm Republican and i'll stay that way. I'm not saying I dont ever vote for Democrats because I do, but very rarely.

I haven't chosen who i'll vote for, because there hasn't been enough information revealed to us at this time. All I know is, if Hilary is elected, then *** help us all.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Random: All I know is, if Hilary is elected, then *** help us all.

Free healthcare means more taxes! Yay!!!

Posted by Arwon

Quoting Mixman: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008
^Knock yourself out.

I am either voting for Ron Paul, or Rudy Giuliani. Both of which closely support my Libertarian beliefs.

Unless you, you know, believe libertarianism should extend to respecting people's civil rights. What, you think he "cleaned up crime" without abuses?

Giuliani would be a terrible president for exactly the same reasons he was a decent mayor -- his much vaunted "ability to take charge" is pretty good when you're fighting city corruption or cracking down on crime, but when you're a head of state managing a whole raft of competing issues and interests? Not so much. He's a sour, abrasive control freak who would extend executive power as much as he possibly could (the LAST thing needed from a new president right now) just as he did while mayor. He has a tendency towards ruthlessness, autocracy, and an inability to compromise. If "he's not anti gays or abortion" was the ONLY thing that mattered then maybe, but otherwise he's a bit rubbish.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Arwon: Unless you, you know, believe libertarianism should extend to respecting people's civil rights. What, you think he "cleaned up crime" without abuses?

Giuliani would be a terrible president for exactly the same reasons he was a decent mayor -- his much vaunted "ability to take charge" is pretty good when you're fighting city corruption or cracking down on crime, but when you're a head of state managing a whole raft of competing issues and interests? Not so much. He's a sour, abrasive control freak who would extend executive power as much as he possibly could (the LAST thing needed from a new president right now) just as he did while mayor. He has a tendency towards ruthlessness, autocracy, and an inability to compromise. If "he's not anti gays or abortion" was the ONLY thing that mattered then maybe, but otherwise he's a bit rubbish.

You sure do like to exaggerate things completely out of proportion. Giuliani did a great job cracking down on crime, and you say he is a ruthless control freak? You have given no information for backing up your claim. He is abusive when it comes to competing issues and interests? What the hell are you talking about? Giuliani did a great job as mayor of New York, and because of him, New York is much safer than it used to be.

National, New York City, and other major city crime rates (1990-2002):

[IMG]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2023/giulianicrimeratebi2.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Misoxeny: Tiptoegecko: Watch the news. If you can honestly doubt that there is serious corruption in the Bush White House, then you're stupid.

I never said there wasn't. An idiot knows that Bush is a corrupt little *****. That doesn't change what side I'm on. Both sides have idiots and I believe we need another President like FDR.

Quoting Mixman: You sure do like to exaggerate things completely out of proportion. Giuliani did a great job cracking down on crime, and you say he is a ruthless control freak? You have given no information for backing up your claim. He is abusive when it comes to competing issues and interests? What the hell are you talking about? Giuliani did a great job as mayor of New York, and because of him, New York is much safer than it used to be.

National, New York City, and other major city crime rates (1990-2002):

[IMG]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2023/giulianicrimeratebi2.gif[/IMG]

Amen to that

Quoting Random: I won't be voting much for the Democratic Party. At least not for President. Democrats are full of liars who believe they fix everything when they tend to make things worse.

I believe you have just won the internet

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Tiptoegecko: I believe we need another President like FDR.

I have never read such a contradictory pile of mishmash retardation on my many years of interneting. Leave this thread and do not come back.

Aside from that, am I the only one that is concerned that, at a time when the US badly needs to repair its international image, we are considering electing someone with almost NO foreign policy experiance? He might be a nice guy and all, but I think obama might not be the best choice just for that.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Lord of Spam: I have never read such a contradictory pile of mishmash retardation on my many years of interneting. Leave this thread and do not come back.

FDR was an awesome president, and it would do this country good to have another one of him. If you don't agree with me, you pretty much fail hard.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Tiptoegecko: FDR was an awesome president, and it would do this country good to have another one of him. If you don't agree with me, you pretty much fail hard.

Is that what your mom told you?

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Mixman: Is that what your mom told you?

Nope. It's what I told myself. FDR was an amazing president, and as I said before, someone like him would do this country some good.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Tiptoegecko: Nope. It's what I told myself. FDR was an amazing president, and as I said before, someone like him would do this country some good.

Don't kid yourself. From what I have seen, you should be telling yourself, "I know nothing about politics."

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Mixman: Don't kid yourself. From what I have seen, you should be telling yourself, "I know nothing about politics."

Is that your way of telling me a person like FDR wouldn't do this country good?

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Tiptoegecko: Is that your way of telling me a person like FDR wouldn't do this country good?

That's my way of telling you that you don't know **** about politics and you don't know enough about history to say that FDR was the best president.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Mixman: That's my way of telling you that you don't know **** about politics and FDR is dead.

Thanks for the update Captain Obvious, I said a person like FDR. Someone who is smarter than the idiot who is office right now.

Posted by Oforia

I edited my post, because at first I thought you said FDR should be in office now. What I am trying to say, is that you don't know enough about politics to be saying that someone with FDR qualities would make a good president. If you do, tell me why you think so. Otherwise, shut the hell up and GTFO.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Mixman: I edited my post, because at first I thought you said FDR should be in office now. What I am trying to say, is that you don't know enough about politics to be saying that someone with FDR qualities would make a good president. If you do, tell me why you think so. Otherwise, shut the hell up and GTFO.

And I didn't say he was the best president, but he is certainly one of the best. Well, I can start with that he would be smart enough to stay out of Iraq, and concentrate on bringing down Osama then dealing with a problem that isn't ours. We wouldn't have so many wasted lives that way. I guess you can say that we don't an FDR specifically, but someone who is atleast smart enough to run a country properly.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Tiptoegecko: And I didn't say he was the best president, but he is certainly one of the best.

That is what you were implying, or at least I could infer that from what you were saying.

Quoting Tiptoegecko: Well, I can start with that he would be smart enough to stay out of Iraq

LOL, how can you make a blatant statement like that!? HE'S DEAD SO YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!!

Quoting Tiptoegecko: concentrate on bringing down Osama then dealing with a problem that isn't ours.

And we haven't tried to get Osama? What is the point of concentrating on something that really isn't that much of a threat anymore?

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Mixman: That is what you were implying, or at least I could infer that from what you were saying.

I see what you mean, but nah. He was a **** good president though.

Quoting Mixman: LOL, how can you make a blatant statement like that!? HE'S DEAD SO YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!!

He managed to stay out of WW2 until those Japanese bastards attacked us. Which is a **** good reason to go to war. + Nazi's suck, and they needed to get owned.

Quoting Mixman: And we haven't tried to get Osama? What is the point of concentrating on something that really isn't that much of a threat anymore?

We are, but thats the only thing we should be concentrating on. And how do you know for sure? If we backed down, he could attack again.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Tiptoegecko:
He managed to stay out of WW2 until those Japanese bastards attacked us. Which is a **** good reason to go to war. + Nazi's suck, and they needed to get owned.

So now you are comparing the war in Iraq to WW2? They are completely different circumstances. You have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Just stop ****ing up this thread and leave...please!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Tiptoegecko: FDR was an awesome president, and it would do this country good to have another one of him. If you don't agree with me, you pretty much fail hard.

FDR started many of the programs that conservatives tend to find so distasteful. His administration gave us welfare of an astounding number of varities, including social security, and the alphabet soup of various depression recovery programs. And you know what the funny thing is? the economy still didnt realy pick up until ww2 started. Awesome president? Arguable. Complete opposite of conservative ideals? you betcha. So either you really ARE so retarded that you go "dur my mum votes for X so i do to" or you have no real politcal thoughts of your own. Either way, your input is neither needed nor wanted in this thread. Suck my balls.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Mixman: So now you are comparing the war in Iraq to WW2? They are completely different circumstances. You have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Just stop ****ing up this thread and leave...please!

I'm not comparing wars, I was comparing the choice he made to stay neutrual in an event that wasn't our business. Iraq wasn't our business, but we waltzed right in there. I think we went in there because we thought they had nuclear weapons, though we had no true evidence, but that's no reason to invade a country.

Either way it won't happen, so I'm just going to leave it as this, FDR was a good president, and all you people who are old enough to vote, vote for who you want to. When I'm 18 I will worry about this crap.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

hey buddy, how about you give some reasons why you think FDR would be a great choice for presidential candidates today? Ya know. . . give reasons and stuff.

edit: give reasons that pertain to the HERE AND NOW

for the record, FDR WAS a badass president.

I'm interested... Arwon, who do you think is the BEST candidate? I know you'll say "they all suck", but which is the BEST of the suck, sir?

Posted by Xenos

I do hope Obama wins Democratic nominee. I've read an article on his beliefs and I've followed a good portion of his career; that said, I feel that he is a competent and fresh canidate, though I admit he has the downside of note having quite as much experience as his rivals. I do plan on reading a best seller novel he published about his early life - what I heard of it was quiet interesting and its something that I can relate to very well. I think he has somewhat of a chance as he does have a rather strong appeal to a lot of younger audiences, however, most of them don't vote anyways.

On the Republican side, assume Obama doesn't make it, I don't mind McCain, though I heard on a personal level, he's a jerk [but really, that is irrevelent]. As for Guli, I don't know a whole lot about him other than the fact that he was the NY-Guy and he is divorced and remarried therefore ONOZchUrChzppleIsMaaddDDddDD! :rolleyes:

Though, honestly, I don't feel that my opinion is the most educated one, but this is what I think for now (and note that I am a very wishy-washy person).

[quote]Either way it won't happen, so I'm just going to leave it as this, FDR was a good president, and all you people who are old enough to vote, vote for who you want to. When I'm 18 I will worry about this crap.lol that was kinda like ... half a centry ago get wit times

Posted by Arwon

BJ: I'm still hoping for Gore, actually. He's pro-free trade unlike most democrats, he's obviously a strong environmentalist, he is quite tech savvy (he's on the boards of both Google and Apple), and he was college room-mates with John Lithgow and Tommy Lee Jones, as well as appearing in Futurama which both have to count for something. Since 2000, in his time away from politics, he's built up some real outsider mystique behind him, not to mention the "told you so" cred that comes from how bad the last 8 years have been and the fact that his pet issue is fast becoming the Only Issue That Matters. In short, his stock is way up since 2000 and his mismanaged portrayal as a humourless robot is now totally outdated. He'd be my ideal candidate, but it seems like he's not running this time around.

On the Democrat side I'd probably favour Obama over Clinton because I tend to value youth and less "establishment" candidates, and because he seems to have spent most of his time in the Senate pushing obscure policy wonk type issues like safeguarding Russian nuclear material, which warms my heart. I also object to Clinton because I don't like dynasties. Honestly, I think America probably wants candidates as different to the usual as possible right now, it seems like this is a "Carter moment" and I'm hoping the Democrats as a whole recognise that.

On the Republican side, I think it's going to be tough because of the lack of decent candidates. The Republicans right now have an absolute smell of death around them, and I suspect many potential candidates are holding back hoping for maybe a better chance in a few years. Meanwhile, sensible candidates like McCain have had to sell-out and do a massive about-face to court the religious right which removes much of their appeal. Mitt Romney and others, I have no reading on.

I don't object to Guiliani's politics because he's obviously a relatively moderate Republican, but I object to what I know of his attitudes and style of government. He is, by all accounts, a bit of an autocrat and control freak, and I think that would be disastrous for the already over-extended executive power, and it frustrates me to see so-called "libertarians" excusing his authoritarian streak so readily. I mean, does anyone know what he thinks of the Patriot Act, because he seems to have been all about expanding the powers of police authorities as mayor.

That said, he's probably still the best Republican candidate by default, now that McCain is busy backpedalling on everything that separated him from the more evil sections of the Republican Party. But as I said before, I think his "hardass strong-man" attitudes to government as Mayor might be quite terrible when translated into a Presidency. To put it simply: When he came to power, New York needed heavy handed, top-down, authority. America, right now, absolutely does NOT.

Posted by Arwon

BJ: I'm still hoping for Gore, actually. He's pro-free trade unlike most democrats, he's a strong environmentalist, tech savvy, and he was college room mates with John Lithgow

On the Democrat side I'd probably favour Obama over Clinton because I tend to value youth and less "establishment" candidates and because he seems to have spent most of his time in the Senate pushing obscure policy wonk type issues like safeguarding Russian nuclear material, which warms my heart. I also object to Clinton because I don't like dynasties. Honestly, I think America probably wants candidates as different to the usual as possible right now, it seems like this is a "Carter moment" and I'm hoping the Democrats as a whole recognise that.

On the Republican side, I think it's going to be tough because of the lack of decent candidates. The Republicans right now have an absolute smell of death around them, and I suspect many potential candidates are holding back hoping for maybe a better chance in a few years. Meanwhile, sensible candidates like McCain have had to sell-out and do a massive about-face to court the religious right which removes much of their appeal. Mitt Romney and others, I have no reading on.

I don't object to Guiliani's politics because he's obviously a relatively moderate Republican, but I object to what I know of his attitudes and style of government. He is, by all accounts, a bit of an autocrat and control freak, and I think that would be disastrous for the already over-extended executive power, and it frustrates me to see so-called "libertarians" excusing his authoritarian streak so readily. He's probably still the best Republican candidate now that McCain is busy backpedalling on everything that separated him from the more evil sections of the Republican Party, but as I said before, I think his "hardass strong-man" attitudes to government as Mayor (which can work quite well in local politics) might be quite terrible when translated into a Presidency.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: hey buddy, how about you give some reasons why you think FDR would be a great choice for presidential candidates today? Ya know. . . give reasons and stuff.

edit: give reasons that pertain to the HERE AND NOW

for the record, FDR WAS a badass president.

Well I said someone like FDR, but it doesn't particularly have to be him, I really want a President who knows what he (or in this case, she) is doing. I guess FDR was an example for a good model president. But it really doesn't matter, because I couldn't vote for that person anyhow. I'll worry about this political crap when I get to that age.

Posted by Fate

When you're old enough to vote, you shouldn't be suddenly interested in that "political crap". You should be looking at what's wrong with today so you can change it in the future. You're going to be living with the president we choose until you care to make a difference.

If more people your age were politically inclined, it really could change the flow of things.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Tiptoegecko: I really want a President who knows what he (or in this case, she) is doing.

I am pretty sure every president knows what he/she is doing...

Posted by fates warning

I was raised to be a very liberal democrat, but I have decided to pursue my own beliefs. Maybe you should try that tiptoegecko. And for the record, I am not 18 either.

I would vote for Rudy Giuliani, basically because I agree with his political veiws more than the other candidates, and I think he would make a good leader. Just look at what he did to crime in New York (refer to Mixmans graph).

Posted by Omni

Quoting Mixman: I am pretty sure every president knows what he/she is doing...

...it's just a matter of whether or not they're doing anything intelligent that benefits the country as a whole that's the issue.

Thanks for the fade, Mixman. Too bad I got ninja'd.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Arwon: BJ: I'm still hoping for Gore, actually. He's pro-free trade unlike most democrats, he's obviously a strong environmentalist, he is quite tech savvy (he's on the boards of both Google and Apple), and he was college room-mates with John Lithgow and Tommy Lee Jones, as well as appearing in Futurama which both have to count for something. Since 2000, in his time away from politics, he's built up some real outsider mystique behind him, not to mention the "told you so" cred that comes from how bad the last 8 years have been and the fact that his pet issue is fast becoming the Only Issue That Matters. In short, his stock is way up since 2000 and his mismanaged portrayal as a humourless robot is now totally outdated. He'd be my ideal candidate, but it seems like he's not running this time around.

On the Democrat side I'd probably favour Obama over Clinton because I tend to value youth and less "establishment" candidates, and because he seems to have spent most of his time in the Senate pushing obscure policy wonk type issues like safeguarding Russian nuclear material, which warms my heart. I also object to Clinton because I don't like dynasties. Honestly, I think America probably wants candidates as different to the usual as possible right now, it seems like this is a "Carter moment" and I'm hoping the Democrats as a whole recognise that.

I don't object to Guiliani's politics because he's obviously a relatively moderate Republican, but I object to what I know of his attitudes and style of government. He is, by all accounts, a bit of an autocrat and control freak, and I think that would be disastrous for the already over-extended executive power, and it frustrates me to see so-called "libertarians" excusing his authoritarian streak so readily. I mean, does anyone know what he thinks of the Patriot Act, because he seems to have been all about expanding the powers of police authorities as mayor.

That said, he's probably still the best Republican candidate by default, now that McCain is busy backpedalling on everything that separated him from the more evil sections of the Republican Party. But as I said before, I think his "hardass strong-man" attitudes to government as Mayor might be quite terrible when translated into a Presidency. To put it simply: When he came to power, New York needed heavy handed, top-down, authority. America, right now, absolutely does NOT.

the thing is, I see McCain doing it to get the vote, but not necessarily doing it in office. He's very common sensical, and while he's a hardass, he's not a total jerk. His about face I think is merely lip service to the morons in the South.

Posted by Arwon

Yeah, you're probably right, but for a man whose main strength is his convictions, it's a really bad move on his part. For now i'm willing to chalk it up to an ill-advised campaign strategy (see also: Gore 2000) rather than actual changes in his attitude to torture and the religious right (though, moving from calling Jerry Falwell a "agent of intolerance" to delivering a speech at his university is a bit transparent), but how much is he going to think he owes these people when he gets elected? Actually, for that matter, how does he think he's going to get elected by selling out his base and conceding the centre to the Democrats?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

he's trying to seal the far-right vote. he already has the veterans' votes, and the religious right DO see Guliani as a bit liberal for their tastes (aside from McCain's pro-gay civil union stance, he seems to be very cautious about where he throws his chips). Now he's trying to get the GOP support. As sad as it is, he needs that to get through, because so many morons (as illustrated in this thread) vote strictly republican period. If the GOP doesn't support him, they'll smear campaign him. Politics and bedfellows. For awhile, McCain was the headfigure for Communitarianism, which is the closest political aspect that I follow. It's more "moderate" and attributed to the old war vets in the ideals of smaller, community and more "common sense" in rhetoric than just vague, open-ended relativist bull****. Additionally, people say that he's allying with the GOP in continuing the war in Iraq. I disagree. The man went to, was imprisoned and tortured therein, and finally left somewhat handicapped, in Vietnam. He's been through war and torture (hence his very anti-torture, anti-secret trials for detainees stance) and if you ask ANY veteran, of ANY war, they'll say "keep the politicians out of it, let the generals fight the wars" as well as "if politics hadn't gotten involved, we would have taken over North Vietnam", etc. Veterans aren't too big on "pulling out" of any conflict that politics has screwed up. That's a veteran thing, not a "I <3 the GOP" thing. He's taking sides out of necessity, sure, but not on every issue, and he's not backing down on ALL of them.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'd be going with the smoking black athiest. A world-ruler that isn't a retarded God-freak would be fucking awesome.

Posted by Ant

Whoever wins; we lose.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Speedfreak: I'd be going with the smoking black athiest. A world-ruler that isn't a retarded God-freak would be fucking awesome.

he's a member of the Church of Christ. You are the kind of atheist that I want to beat up on a regular basis.

Posted by Arwon

Oddly enough, there are positions between "atheist" and "retarded g-d freak".

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

not to him

Posted by Arwon

Quite.