The latest NiGHTS Into Dreams rumor...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25457663&sid=6167669&om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;3

Grains of salt all around, but...damn.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, I think that overlapping image thing is pretty solid evidence that it's true. I've never played NiGHTS, so I'm not too excited unfortunately.

Posted by Zeta

Been expecting this ever since NiGHTS showed up as a playable character in Sonic Riders. Hopefully Sonic Team doesn't **** this up.

Posted by Bebop

Wait, so its defiently comfirmed?

It's definitely confirmed that Nintendo's official UK mag was hinting at a new NiGHTS game for their next feature story, which will apparently be an exclusive scoop on their part, Bebop. Whatever that turns out to actually mean next month, we'll just have to see.

Posted by s0ul

Some article on digg yesterday said it had been confirmed but I didn't save the link because it was from somewhere I'd never heard of.

Posted by TendoAddict

Now that their done destorying Sonic they decided to go to nights?

Im sorry, I would be excited if it was the old Sega and not the one who churns out crap games.

Poor nights.

Screwing up NiGHTS on the Wii would be like screwing up Tetris on a regular system. Sure, you can do it, (The Next Tetris, for example) but it's really, really hard. Point = fly. Very, very simple.

It's true! It's true! NiGHTS on the Wii:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5952272&postcount=1050

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's funny because it looks almost as bad as the original.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's funny because it looks almost as bad as the original.

And you got this from a hand full of early game pictures from a scan from a foreign magazine?

No. I got it by using my time machine and playing the final product.

Posted by Bebop

Stop being a grouch. It looks lovely.

Galaxy looks lovely. This does not.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's funny because it looks almost as bad as the original.

Graphics matter very little in regards to Wii games. Graphics matter very little when the game in question is a NiGHTS sequel. Put those two together, and I'd be happy with black-and-white GameBoy graphics for this title.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Graphics matter very little in regards to Wii games. Graphics matter very little when the game in question is a NiGHTS sequel.

You see thats why Sonic games suck now a days. You don't care at first, then THEY don't care. Sega still hasnt figured out that a game about speed needs better camera angles and that we don't want to play 80 million mini games for Monkey Ball. I sure hope they sell more then a NiGHTS sequal , but a great new game for the Wii.

Posted by coolness432

Quoting TendoAddict: You see thats why Sonic games suck now a days. You don't care at first, then THEY don't care. Sega still hasnt figured out that a game about speed needs better camera angles and that we don't want to play 80 million mini games for Monkey Ball. I sure hope they sell more then a NiGHTS sequal , but a great new game for the Wii.

I agree sonic, my favorite game of all time, has been wrecked because of this (and fanboys obsession with shadow and the 1,000,000 new characters added.

Anyway this is my idea for a new NiGHTS game.........
Gameplay will be pretty much the same awesome game, Control will be done with control stick on the Nunchuck, A will use drill attack, moving the wiimote and nunchuck will do tricks, when you paraloop NiGHTS can go into the portal from dream to Nightmare kind of like Super Mario 2 and this is required to beat some levels.

Multiplayer will be a race around levels you can sabatoge people by paralooping them to the nightmare realm. Also you win by 2/3 catagorys
First one done, longest link, and highest total score. 4 people can play at once

Story....

Also one more thing is important, lots of unlockables. (Sound test, first NiGHTS game, plans for NiGHTS 3,) But the most important thing is that it should still be fun to play after you unlock everything. When I beat NiGHTS the first time I still played it for 3 more hours to see how high of a score I could get the game should still have this fun.

Quoted post: You see thats why Sonic games suck now a days. You don't care at first, then THEY don't care. Sega still hasnt figured out that a game about speed needs better camera angles and that we don't want to play 80 million mini games for Monkey Ball. I sure hope they sell more then a NiGHTS sequal , but a great new game for the Wii.

those aren't really graphics related, in the sense that Prince was talking about anyways.

Anywho, it was just an observation. It's enough just to be a long-awaited sequel of a great game... but it still looks like trash when it shouldn't. Hopefully it gets cleaned up by the time it releases (assuming it's a real title)

Quoting TendoAddict: You see thats why Sonic games suck now a days. You don't care at first, then THEY don't care. Sega still hasnt figured out that a game about speed needs better camera angles and that we don't want to play 80 million mini games for Monkey Ball. I sure hope they sell more then a NiGHTS sequal , but a great new game for the Wii.

I thought the camera angles were manageable in Sonic Adventure. It was Sonic Adventure 2 that really blew chunks in that department. Besides, whining about camera angles in 3D games began in the early days of the N64. I highly doubt that the thinking at Sega was "Well, gamers don't seem to care about camera angles, so we won't pay much attention to them."

My point was about graphics on the whole. If it's NiGHTS, and it controls well (and as I said, it'd be pretty darn hard to get that wrong), I'd be happy with really low-grade graphics. That said, the graphics do look nice. Not groundbreakingly phenomenal, but pretty darn good.

Come on, the Wii is so much more capable than that. I don't expect anything like the PS3 or 360, but a lot better than those screen shots. It's probably fake anyways. So whatever.

It's not fake. It's been officially confirmed:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13255

"Winter '07 release?" Pfft. This game's not coming out until Spring '08 at the very earliest, if I know anything about how games that I want are delayed...and I do.

Huh, go figure. But yeah, it'll get delayed. Which means it should look a ton better. Thankfully.

Posted by Poco

\m/ rock on you rebel you